Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 07:47 It is currently 18 May 2024, 07:47
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 164
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 194 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Send PM
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 194 [2]
Send PM
Re: COVID-19 Outbreak: Updates from Business Schools [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Update from IMD.

Application deadlines remain unchanged, but IMD is also allowing to submit applications without test scores and will be giving conditional offers.

Final Response

"Candidates who demonstrate the qualities that we look for throughout the application process, but who have been unable to submit their GMAT/GRE/TOEFL/IELTS test results due to the closure of local test centers, will be given a Conditional Offer dependant on the score received once test options are made available."

Click here for more details: https://www.imd.org/mba/admissions/covi ... s-updates/

Warm regards
Alex
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73252 [1]
Given Kudos: 18981
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
vegita1124 wrote:
UNC Keenan-Flagler has also waived GRE and GMAT testing requirements for Fall 2020

Posted from my mobile device

Hi. To clarify, the requirements have been waived for R3 and R4 for class of 2022 (entering Fall of 2020 if that's what you meant)
There have been no changes for the R1/R2 next season applications (Class of 2023)

Full-Time MBA Program
We have delayed the official start of the program to August 31 and have extended the Round 4 deadline through July 13, while transitioning to rolling admissions. Applications will be reviewed and admissions decisions will be released on a rolling basis. Most applicants will receive an admissions decision within two weeks of submission. Due to the COVID-19 situation and applicants’ reduced ability to access and prepare for the GMAT or GRE at this time, new applicants can request a GMAT/GRE waiver. To better assist you in taking this important step in your career during this unprecedented time, we’ve also waived the application fees for the remainder of the admissions cycle for the Class of 2022.

https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/progr ... s-updates/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kriti07 wrote:
for mba in healthcare administration which B- school is recommended?

You can consider Questrom MBA ( Boston University)

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Kudos
All 2020 admits from SMU - Cox had a call with the Dean; turns out Cox is also hesitant to push the starting date. No news of delay as of now.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
UVA Darden has come up with something new for internationals. So they have given an option for Fall 2020 admits to start classes in Jan 2021!!! And their 1 year studies shall be crunched in the 6 months leading to summer and then a short internship. However they could use the career support right since the fall.

https://news.darden.virginia.edu/2020/0 ... d-support/

Not sure how many feel comfortable telling the school now to opt for January intake!!!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 503 [1]
Given Kudos: 250
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Latest updates on Ross' plan for international students:

• If students are unable to come to campus due to visa delays, they can begin the program remotely and join on campus when their visa is approved OR request a deferral to Fall 2021.
  • The MBA team is actively working to create a solution that will enable international students to qualify for CPT if they are enrolled in a program remotely.
  • If any Round 2 (or Round 3) admit prefers not to submit their enrolment deposit at this time, they can re-apply for Fall 2021 and their application fee will be waived. These students will only be required to submit an updated application form, resume, and personal statement. They will not be required to submit new essays, transcripts, or recommendation letter, nor will you need to re-interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 4
Send PM
ARLeeConsulting wrote:
INSEAD has announced the following:

"You can now take the GMAT from the comfort of your home. GMAC has just opened registrations for its GMAT™ Online exam, an interim alternative to the test center version."

"We continue to accept applications without a GMAT score, and encourage you to submit your applications as soon as you are ready to do so."

adiz1295 wrote:
ARLeeConsulting wrote:
Update from INSEAD.

INSEAD has extended the application deadlines for the January 2021 intake.

Round 2: 06 May 2020 May 20th, 2020

Round 3: 24 June 2020 July 1st, 2020

Round 4: 28 July 2020 August 5th, 2020

Additionally, INSEAD is allowing at the moment to submit applications without a GMAT/GRE score until test centers reopen.

Warm regards
Alex

Now that the GMAT is available to take online, do you think INSEAD applicants will have to take the online GMAT before 20th may?

Thanks for the update!

Where do these updates pop-up on INSEAD's website?
ARLee Consulting
Own Kudos [?]: 194 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi adiz1295,

you're welcome. Unlike other schools, INSEAD is not posting these updates on their website. Instead, they are being communicated via email.

If you start your online application, you'll get these notifications as well.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much.

Warm regards
Alex
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [1]
Given Kudos: 406
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
COVID-19 Outbreak: Updates from Business Schools [#permalink]
Kudos
So Cambridge has announced that it will take course delivery online for the next year.

Although this makes sense with the on-going situation, I think many or most B-school applicants would want to have an actual (face-to-face) B-school experience and thus B-schools might see a sharp decline in admission applications this fall (if more B-Schools follow suit).

I wonder how the experience for the class of 2022 (especially 1 Year MBAs) will change due to online course delivery.

What do you guys think ? Will you be up for a commencement-to-graduation on-line 1 or 2 year MBA ?

Originally posted by altairahmad on 20 May 2020, 19:54.
Last edited by altairahmad on 20 May 2020, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73252 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
The entire year??? Do you have a link or is this something they only shared with the admits? Judge is a 12-month program, correct?

By the way, here are my thoughts and predictions. Though most are for the US schools...

https://gmatclub.com/forum/predictions- ... 24589.html

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
The entire year??? Do you have a link or is this something they only shared with the admits? Judge is a 12-month program, correct?

By the way, here are my thoughts and predictions. Though most are for the US schools...

Added link.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Yes bb hard to digest. LBS even announced that they will be beginning in-person from 7th September and hybrid model from 21st September. I dont see why Cambridge had to go all that way. Its very surprising. I can see tons of deferrals/bail-outs.

bb wrote:

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
On the same note, Notre Dame has said they will begin in-person this fall and same goes for Rice as well. They have even said they will shorten the course and wrap up by Thanksgiving so that everyone has a long winter break (GoT reference lol). In that break, students can have semester exams remotely. This is a big relief for other students from nearby schools as they are hopeful of positive outcomes now. I do not have exact link but screenshot of their official pages and news grabs!!!

Emory Goizueta on the other hand has asked till Jun 15 to actually give a definite answer to this (only admits know this).

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73252 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you so much for posting and sharing. My guess this is primarily focused on the undergraduate students. They have for years and plenty of time to catch up in person. Most of them will also live on campus and eat on campus.

I am also guessing, there may be a different rule for business school. I am frankly very surprised this was announced since Judge did not say anything about this at the AIGAC conference and MBA fair.... Sloan said the MBA students will be some of the first folks to come back on campus. I would guess since some “study groups” are allowed, there may be room for small MBA classes. I would wait for the official Judge announcement .... and pray it is not online MBA.

altairahmad wrote:
So Cambridge has announced that it will take course delivery online for the next year.

Although this makes sense with the on-going situation, I think many or most B-school applicants would want to have an actual (face-to-face) B-school experience and thus B-schools might see a sharp decline in admission applications this fall (if more B-Schools follow suit).

I wonder how the experience for the class of 2022 (especially 1 Year MBAs) will change due to online course delivery.

What do you guys think ? Will you be up for a commencement-to-graduation on-line 1 or 2 year MBA ?

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73252 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Stern said the same thing - classes will meet in person. However, this is speculative on their side and part. It is a strong bold message but they may not be able to keep the promise. Authorities can still shut things down and then they will claim that it wasn’t their call.... School closure decision is rarely decided by the school itself. Only if the university had reasons to be extra cautious would they do something like that. Unless it’s Cambridge of course ?‍♂️

RicAssassin wrote:
On the same note, Notre Dame has said they will begin in-person this fall and same goes for Rice as well. They have even said they will shorten the course and wrap up by Thanksgiving so that everyone has a long winter break (GoT reference lol). In that break, students can have semester exams remotely. This is a big relief for other students from nearby schools as they are hopeful of positive outcomes now. I do not have exact link but screenshot of their official pages and news grabs!!!

Emory Goizueta on the other hand has asked till Jun 15 to actually give a definite answer to this (only admits know this).

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Very true. It is very complicated.Many scenarios.

1) What if students land on campus and there is a second wave and mass lockdowns again?

2) What if schools do start but international student take their own sweet time to come? Lol

Any combination of those too.

I believe it is too much to decide and only the strong of heart should go on and pursue their MBA dreams this year. No one knows anything!!

bb wrote:
Stern said the same thing - classes will meet in person. However, this is speculative on their side and part. It is a strong bold message but they may not be able to keep the promise. Authorities can still shut things down and then they will claim that it wasn’t their call.... School closure decision is rarely decided by the school itself. Only if the university had reasons to be extra cautious would they do something like that. Unless it’s Cambridge of course ?‍♂️

RicAssassin wrote:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
RicAssassin wrote:
Very true. It is very complicated.Many scenarios.

1) What if students land on campus and there is a second wave and mass lockdowns again?

2) What if schools do start but international student take their own sweet time to come? Lol

Any combination of those too.

I believe it is too much to decide and only the strong of heart should go on and pursue their MBA dreams this year. No one knows anything!!

+1

too much and too early to decide.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5