Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
GMAT Club Reviews PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [0]
Given Kudos: 522
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [2]
Given Kudos: 31
Schools: Tuck '23 (M$)
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 770 Q49 V46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants: 2021 Intake(Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Hi kelzo123,

Thank you so much, this does shed some light!
As the quote mentions, 250 words is just too less to both describe a story in detail and also talk about how the value is important for me. But I guess it is what it is :)
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants: 2021 Intake(Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hi Parnika182

I am an admissions consultant at Vibranture.com and have helped several students get admitted to Kellogg :)

I understand your anxiety over the video essays. It can be quite stressful for many applicants.

I have just posted our 10 Tips for VIDEO ESSAYS / QUESTIONS here
https://gmatclub.com/forum/10-tips-for- ... 33275.html

Hope you find these useful! :)

If you need help with your applications, feel free to reach out to me personally.

Good luck!

Parnika182 wrote:

For me, it's the video essay. Recording on the spot that too about things not already stated in the essays is a little tricky.

Tagging a few applicants

kelzo123 gizemakkan Parnika182 chimpscampi91 esp1201 ronapat ayush_95 Phemyodu58 clearsugar
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Hi guys , have any of you submitted your app yet ? I submitted mine 30 hours back but still havent received the video essay link .Any idea how long it takes to receive the link ?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hi Folks. Hope everyone is doing well. Kellogg seems to have changed the 3rd video essay question prompt a bit. Earlier, it used to be from a list of generic questions (if I'm not wrong) but now, it's a specific prompt as below-

Video essay 3: 2020 has been a year of seismic disruption — fighting the global COVID-19 pandemic, tragic deaths that have brought systemic racism and social justice issues to the forefront of long overdue conversations, and economic and political divides that are growing deeper and deeper. How has this unprecedented year challenged you and how have you faced that challenge?

This is as seen on the following site- https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/programs/full-time-mba/admissions/application-process.aspx

Interestingly, the application portal still says the following about the questions-

You will be asked three questions. Here are some insights:

One question will be an opportunity to introduce yourself to the Kellogg team.
The second question will ask about your plans for the future and how Kellogg will help you on that journey.
The third question will focus on a challenging moment in your life and what you learned from it.
You will have 20 seconds to think about the question and up to one minute to answer.
To help you get comfortable with the format and technology, we offer a set of practice questions. We highly encourage you take advantage of these because the official essay questions cannot be re-recorded.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes, it seems like they now are not going to have any randomized questions and that applicants will know all of the questions before having to record their responses live... but that the instructions haven't caught up just yet. (I've seen this at other schools as well. In fact, just saw a Round 1 confirmation-of-submission email go out with Round 2 interview date ranges in it. D'oh! 2020 has been a rough year for all!)

blackbirdsr71 wrote:
Hi Folks. Hope everyone is doing well. Kellogg seems to have changed the 3rd video essay question prompt a bit. Earlier, it used to be from a list of generic questions (if I'm not wrong) but now, it's a specific prompt as below-

Video essay 3: 2020 has been a year of seismic disruption — fighting the global COVID-19 pandemic, tragic deaths that have brought systemic racism and social justice issues to the forefront of long overdue conversations, and economic and political divides that are growing deeper and deeper. How has this unprecedented year challenged you and how have you faced that challenge?

This is as seen on the following site- https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/programs/full-time-mba/admissions/application-process.aspx

Interestingly, the application portal still says the following about the questions-

You will be asked three questions. Here are some insights:

One question will be an opportunity to introduce yourself to the Kellogg team.
The second question will ask about your plans for the future and how Kellogg will help you on that journey.
The third question will focus on a challenging moment in your life and what you learned from it.
You will have 20 seconds to think about the question and up to one minute to answer.
To help you get comfortable with the format and technology, we offer a set of practice questions. We highly encourage you take advantage of these because the official essay questions cannot be re-recorded.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 96
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Lance Bennett, Kellogg's Director of Diversity Admissions just shared the following about the change in 3rd essay prompt:
https://blogs.kellogg.northwestern.edu/inside/2020/09/08/mba-application-video-essays-2020/
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Schools: Tuck '23 (M$)
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 770 Q49 V46
Send PM
Kudos
Goodluck to all those who submitted their applications for round 1!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Send PM
Hey all, thanks for creating this thread.

What is the next step after submitting video essays? By when do interview invites begin? Does everyone get an invite?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
BooRadley wrote:

What is the next step after submitting video essays? By when do interview invites begin? Does everyone get an invite?

Interview invites are rolling. They'll be conducted virtually and you may or may not be invited to interview. I think they'll try to interview as many people as they can but the website mentions some people may receive interview waivers if they can't source an interview for them.

Quote:
Virtual Interviews
All interviews are currently virtual; in the application, you will provide your location so we are aware of your time zone. You will receive an email regarding the status of your interview and scheduling instructions within six weeks of the application deadline.

Interview Waiver
Due to the high demand for interviews and limited availability of interviewers, you may receive an interview waiver. If your interview is waived, the admissions committee may contact you if further information is needed to make a decision on your candidacy.

All Interview Requests are Final
You may not change your interview after it is scheduled. If you are unable to attend your interview, please contact the office of admissions at 847.491.3308 to cancel your request. The office will issue an interview waiver, which will not have a negative impact on your candidacy.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi BooRadley

The interview invites have started going out. One of my student's from India got the invite on 23rd.

This time Kellogg will do all interviews virtually, even if the alum reside in your city. This approach is good to safeguard everyone's health and safety. However, it might make it a little challenging to build a rapport with the interviewer - which was rather easy in face-to-face interviews.

Nevertheless, I wish all aspirants make the best use of this opportunity to shine!

I have posted Vibranture.com's 10 Tips for VIDEO ESSAYS / QUESTIONS here. Hope you all find them useful.

Good luck everyone!

BooRadley wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q165 V165
Send PM
Kudos
That was a pretty quick! when did he/she submit the application?

SheaRai wrote:
Hi BooRadley

The interview invites have started going out. One of my student's from India got the invite on 23rd.

This time Kellogg will do all interviews virtually, even if the alum reside in your city. This approach is good to safeguard everyone's health and safety. However, it might make it a little challenging to build a rapport with the interviewer - which was rather easy in face-to-face interviews.

Nevertheless, I wish all aspirants make the best use of this opportunity to shine!

I have posted Vibranture.com's 10 Tips for VIDEO ESSAYS / QUESTIONS here. Hope you all find them useful.

Good luck everyone!

BooRadley wrote:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [2]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Guys,

Just received my Alumn interview invite from Kellogg.

This is my first time for any b school.

Any advice on types of questions, answers etc is extremely appreciated.

Kindly help

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Shivam1809 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just received my Alumn interview invite from Kellogg.

This is my first time for any b school.

Any advice on types of questions, answers etc is extremely appreciated.

Kindly help

Even I just did.
Can you check your DM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [4]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos