Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:49 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All NUS 2021 Applicants (Class of 2023) [#permalink]
KaramveerBakshi wrote:
devangpandey007 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I took GMAT online earlier this month and therefore, my score report doesn't have the AWA score and percentile it in. I was filling my NUS online application earlier today and the portal is not allowing me to skip the AWA marks and percentile fields or enter 0/NA in it. Can someone who has already filled the application form help me with this?

Also for someone who is planning to sponsor his MBA partly with personal savings and partly with a student load, would it be fine to just upload the latest salary slip for now?

Hi devangpandey007. Hope you're keeping well.

Regarding the AWA part, feel free to drop a mail to NUS MBA. They are generally quite helpful and active as well. As far as salary slip is concerned, the latest should do just fine.

Cheers!

Thank you for your help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Concentration: Operations, Other
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.54
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
Hello everyone,
I am applying to NUS business school in round-1 and i have a very basic question (so pardon for ignorance). My question is how to put GPA in under graduation details if the graduate university has no defined procedure for the same? I understand that some calculators and formula are available online but at times many schools advise not to convert if no defined procedure is available. Kindly advise.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Kumar Utkarsh wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am applying to NUS business school in round-1 and i have a very basic question (so pardon for ignorance). My question is how to put GPA in under graduation details if the graduate university has no defined procedure for the same? I understand that some calculators and formula are available online but at times many schools advise not to convert if no defined procedure is available. Kindly advise.

For NUS, you don't have to perform any conversion. If your university uses percentage or any other specific criteria for UG course, use exactly the same. Even grades can be mentioned if that's the case.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
devangpandey007 wrote:
Kumar Utkarsh wrote:
Hello everyone,

For NUS, you don't have to perform any conversion. If your university uses percentage or any other specific criteria for UG course, use exactly the same. Even grades can be mentioned if that's the case.

Thanks for the reply. I have put in the percentage and best possible as 100.
:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
devangpandey007 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I took GMAT online earlier this month and therefore, my score report doesn't have the AWA score and percentile it in. I was filling my NUS online application earlier today and the portal is not allowing me to skip the AWA marks and percentile fields or enter 0/NA in it. Can someone who has already filled the application form help me with this?

Also for someone who is planning to sponsor his MBA partly with personal savings and partly with a student load, would it be fine to just upload the latest salary slip for now?

Hi,
Regarding finance proof i asked a friend of mine who is a current student and he said that he himself submitted account statement and one Statement Of Fact describing the source of funding for excess amount (loan in his case from a bank). He said they just want to know your plans. Hope it helps as i would be doing the same.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V24
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hi, does anyone have details on the experiential electives Lean Launchpad and Tech Launch?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Kumar Utkarsh wrote:
devangpandey007 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi,
Regarding finance proof i asked a friend of mine who is a current student and he said that he himself submitted account statement and one Statement Of Fact describing the source of funding for excess amount (loan in his case from a bank). He said they just want to know your plans. Hope it helps as i would be doing the same.

Yes I believe a written statement describing how we wish to finance our degree should work? Do you have any idea about the AWA score? Did you take the online version or the test center version of GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
devangpandey007 wrote:
Kumar Utkarsh wrote:
devangpandey007 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi,

Yes I believe a written statement describing how we wish to finance our degree should work? Do you have any idea about the AWA score? Did you take the online version or the test center version of GMAT?

hi,
Sorry man but can't help you with AWA query as i took centre version exam last year. But as some one helpfully suggested, do send a mail to NUS. They will certainly reply and resolve the query. Do tell what was the reply so we can keep this thread active and useful for applicants such as us. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi,

On financing option, the website says: "Please upload your financial supporting documents to show how you are planning to finance your tuition fees and living expenses. You can use more than one financing option"

Can anyone tell me which section of the application do we show our financing option? I didn't get any particular section for this

Thanks in Advance.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey anyone done with the applications or in progress knows how strictly the word count given for the NUS essays need to be followed. For eg. (250 words) (3500 characters max). so will 260 words be fine if the overall characters are well below 3500?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 286 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
wazza10 wrote:
Hi,

On financing option, the website says: "Please upload your financial supporting documents to show how you are planning to finance your tuition fees and living expenses. You can use more than one financing option"

Can anyone tell me which section of the application do we show our financing option? I didn't get any particular section for this

Thanks in Advance.

I don't remember but if you don't see an option they have a documents section. Upload there

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 286 [1]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
rohitsubr wrote:
Hey anyone done with the applications or in progress knows how strictly the word count given for the NUS essays need to be followed. For eg. (250 words) (3500 characters max). so will 260 words be fine if the overall characters are well below 3500?

That's fine. Don't go too much beyond that

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
blowice27 . Thanks buddy!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
blowice27 : Thank you very much
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi! I had recently submitted my NUS MBA application with all documentation. However, after submitting my application, when I view the checklist, it showcases a cross against all documents except my referee reports. When I view the documents uploaded tab, it is still all there though. Can someone explain and help me out?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
akhilesh97 wrote:
Hi! I had recently submitted my NUS MBA application with all documentation. However, after submitting my application, when I view the checklist, it showcases a cross against all documents except my referee reports. When I view the documents uploaded tab, it is still all there though. Can someone explain and help me out?

It is a glitch that keeps coming up at times. It sometimes takes almost 2 days for the portal to show the status of documents and application correctly. If it still shows as incomplete, try reaching them on their phone. I talked to them twice regarding a similar situation with my work experience related document and they are pretty responsive over the phone.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Hi, has anyone got an interview invite as yet - after submitting in R1?
Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  19   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts