Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:56 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 171
Schools: Stern '26
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Yale '26 (WL)
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Did anyone get an email with slack link?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 117
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.15
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Emerald195 wrote:
Waitlisted after what I thought was a smooth interview. Also an international Ross admit -- not sure how I should move forward since I didn’t apply to many schools this cycle... :?

take ross
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
smal1 wrote:
Did anyone get an email with slack link?

yes
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
How many people can you see in this slack group?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey guys, any recommendations on Tepper with 50k scholarship vs Cornell with 0 scholarship? My aim is to get into consulting or tech post mba.

P.S. Cornell refused my scholarship request.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ma_BellaCiao wrote:
How many people can you see in this slack group?

almost600
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Mandy001 wrote:
Hey guys, any recommendations on Tepper with 50k scholarship vs Cornell with 0 scholarship? My aim is to get into consulting or tech post mba. P.S. Cornell refused my scholarship request.

Take tepper
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mandy001 wrote:
Hey guys, any recommendations on Tepper with 50k scholarship vs Cornell with 0 scholarship? My aim is to get into consulting or tech post mba. P.S. Cornell refused my scholarship request.

tepper has a more strong presence in tech
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
tatatatta12 wrote:
tepper has a more strong presence in tech

What about consulting?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 171
Schools: Stern '26
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Mandy001 wrote:

Tepper even if same scholarship as Cornell because of your goals
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
tatatatta12 wrote:
almost600

Do you have a sense on how many of these are fully committed to the school? I understand that usually Cornell admits ~900 students, ~300 enroll…if these 600 are all “just admitted” students that could mean that there is still about 100 spots to be filled.
Just trying to do this math to help and give an inspiration to people who are either on the waitlist or round III applicants
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ma_BellaCiao wrote:
Do you have a sense on how many of these are fully committed to the school? I understand that usually Cornell admits ~900 students, ~300 enroll…if these 600 are all “just admitted” students that could mean that there is still about 100 spots to be filled. Just trying to do this math to help and give an inspiration to people who are either on the waitlist or round III applicants

I don’t think that’s tracked anywhere unfortunately tbh but yeah those numbers make sense. 764 accepted 283 enrolled 37% ish according to usnews . There is definitely hope for any waitlisters - good luck folks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
GMAT 1: 690 Q38 V46
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.49
WE:Human Resources (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Mandy001 wrote:

Did Johnson know that you had a $50k offer from Tepper when you requested a scholarship review?

As far as which is stronger, the answer is the opposite for each of your two potential paths. For tech, Tepper is obviously stronger. Tepper has probably the 3rd best tech/business branding (behind MIT and Berkley) whereas Johnson is actually known as being a bit weak on Tech and not having as much Tech recruitment as other T15 schools. The exception might be if you look at 1 year tech mba programs, since Johnson actually has put a lot into their Tech MBA in New York.

On the other hand, Johnson has the upper hand in consulting. For example McKinsey considers Johnson a target school, they do not consider Tepper a target school. This list changes year-to-year, and some MBB firms consider Johnson more of a "half target" (where they still send recruiters, but not as many). But there are consulting firms that will recruit from Johnson that won’t recruit at Tepper, I don’t believe there are any where the reverse is true. Additionally, Tepper had 15 people go to MBB firms last year, Johnson had 23. That might seem like a small difference, but it’s almost a 50% increase.

https://poetsandquants.com/2021/04/07/t ... -recruits/
https://www.businessbecause.com/news/mb ... ulting-mba
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ma_BellaCiao wrote:
Do you have a sense on how many of these are fully committed to the school? I understand that usually Cornell admits ~900 students, ~300 enroll…if these 600 are all “just admitted” students that could mean that there is still about 100 spots to be filled. Just trying to do this math to help and give an inspiration to people who are either on the waitlist or round III applicants

I have no idea. but don’t lose hope
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
CakeBoss17 wrote:
Did Johnson know that you had a $50k offer from Tepper when you requested a scholarship review? As far as which is stronger, the answer is the opposite for each of your two potential paths. For tech, Tepper is obviously stronger. Tepper has probably the 3rd best tech/business branding (behind MIT and Berkley) whereas Johnson is actually known as being a bit weak on Tech and not having as much Tech recruitment as other T15 schools. The exception might be if you look at 1 year tech mba programs, since Johnson actually has put a lot into their Tech MBA in New York. On the other hand, Johnson has the upper hand in consulting. For example McKinsey considers Johnson a target school, they do not consider Tepper a target school. This list changes year-to-year, and some MBB firms consider Johnson more of a "half target" (where they still send recruiters, but not as many). But there are consulting firms that will recruit from Johnson that won’t recruit at Tepper, I don’t believe there are any where the reverse is true. Additionally, Tepper had 15 people go to MBB firms last year, Johnson had 23. That might seem like a small difference, but it’s almost a 50% increase. https://poetsandquants.com/2021/04/07/t ... -recruits/ https://www.businessbecause.com/news/mb ... ulting-mba

So I did tell Cornell about Tepper scholarship. Just one point regarding MBB. Tepper has a batch size of 200 and Cornell has 300. So 15 out of 200 and 23 out of 300 is pretty much the same ratio overall.

And this year, both Cornell and Tepper are in McK’s list
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 214 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Send PM
And both Tepper/Johnson only has 1 recruiter assigned to the campus (can look this up on Mckinsey site) - 4 recruiters are the max they assign on their top target schools (re: Darden/Tuck/Booth/Kellogg/Wharton etc) so strictly speaking, Mckinsey places Johnson/Tepper on a same tier this year although Johnson might have an upper leg because undergrad has a stronger relationship w McK.

The three firms that might give a slight edge due to the past relationship at Johnson are Bain, Deloitte, and EYP but the differences are marginal that I don’t think it’s worth over-indexed on.

Is Johnson > Tepper in consulting - sure but the differences are much more marginal.

I suggest picking based on: money, cultural fit + location if you are picking between these two schools in consulting. If it’s banking or tech then the answer is pretty clear.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
ChristopherZheng wrote:
And both Tepper/Johnson only has 1 recruiter assigned to the campus (can look this up on Mckinsey site) - 4 recruiters are the max they assign on their top target schools (re: Darden/Tuck/Booth/Kellogg/Wharton etc) so strictly speaking, Mckinsey places Johnson/Tepper on a same tier this year although Johnson might have an upper leg because undergrad has a stronger relationship w McK. The three firms that might give a slight edge due to the past relationship at Johnson are Bain, Deloitte, and EYP but the differences are marginal that I don’t think it’s worth over-indexed on. Is Johnson > Tepper in consulting - sure but the differences are much more marginal.

Wow this is a really through answer.

Thorough*
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   
Moderator:
Johnson, CBS, and McDonough Moderator
3 posts