GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 Mar 2020, 13:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please rate my Essay. Many thanks in advance.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Please rate my Essay. Many thanks in advance.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2015, 06:31
Question: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.
My essay:
Learning has an incredibly important role in individuals' lives. One group thinks that learning ideas and concepts are important for students, while other groups believe that acquiring facts are more essential. From my point of view, learning facts is important and valuable for people who want to learn fundamentally because they can research efficiently and promote their power of thinking.
To begin with, students who want to be an outstanding researcher need to learn facts. Acquiring facts is substantial part of learning and all of the researchers should know the facts. In fact, a lack of knowledge about facts can leads students to analyze the problems wrongly. Successful academic individuals always want to answer their problem by linking them to the facts. In addition, learning facts provides a sense of satisfactory for students because they can understand their studies deeply. This sense can helps student to enjoy quality time and never consider that learning is boring while studying.
Second, understanding facts can leads students to increase their power of thinking. In fact, they learn how they should think about problems. They can also infer the problems easily because they know the fundamentals of science. In addition, Students who know facts can will be better able to distinguish between wrong and correct ideas. They can judge by thinking about problem and try to link them to the facts. This ability can helps student to publish their investigation in valid journals. For instance, they can think about the results of tests and try to discuss and link them to the facts.
All in all, the students should pay more attention to learn facts than learning ideas and concepts. By acquiring facts in schools, students can analyze the problems precisely and research efficiently. In addition, they will be better able to think about the problems because they learn fundamentals of science.
Intern
Intern
Re: Please rate my Essay. Many thanks in advance.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2015, 08:14
Hi there, I hope it is not too late to review your essay.

In my opinion:

1) The essay is well structured and fluent.
2) Both the grammar and the vocabulary are strong.
3) Right now, the explanation and examples are general. You should go a step further and add some personal experiences, it will help the rater to understand your point of view better. In addition to that, you will have a longer essay, as well.

Good luck with your studies!!

A.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Please rate my Essay. Many thanks in advance.   [#permalink] 13 Aug 2015, 08:14

Please rate my Essay. Many thanks in advance.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: carcass