GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2019, 05:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

PLS score my IND writing

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
PLS score my IND writing  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2018, 22:41
#Q-TPO-50-Independent Writing
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

#A

The argument claims that college should educate young people about the history of various subjects as a primary course whatever which departments they are majoring. It is such an excellent idea. History should be studied because it is essential to students and to society, and because it harbors beauty. There are many ways to discuss the real functions of the subject – as there are many different historical talents and many different paths to historical meaning. All definitions of history’s utility, however, rely on two fundamental facts.

Clearly, History helps students to understand better in their studying while providing a storehouse of information about how the change of community, nation, and the world. Especially, interdisciplinary is the critical motif for contemporary academia, so the construction of knowledge is multiple and hard to understand if students do not recognize the substantial relationship between the historical information and the newest study. For instance, their creation would get into an awkward situation if art students could not find the relationship between the New Media Art and the development of art history; although they built a tempting visual image of their artwork, yet the narrative inside is usually barren. The gap between poor storytelling and art history would cause a miserable experience for audiences.

Second, History helps students develop critical thinking skills. The evolution of a human's history is serpentine; it does not follow a straight line. People have preconceived notions of the past from the simple lessons in childhood, and those notions are usually rough. Advanced history courses in universities offer an opportunity for them to rethink the evolution of a human's history. It provides the other perspective for young people considering historical movements which teach them how to criticize the Social, Economic, Religious, Cultural, and so on. How to criticize the Korean War in the last century? There’s no standard answer anymore. Students can learn how to answer the question multiple; for example, to consider external factors from the other powerful countries and internal factors from the deconstruction of the Korean kingdom.

In conclusion, studying History is excellent at developing attributes of life, and it provides youths with curiosity and creativity to understand the world. Therefore, it is crucial for higher education institutions to make history courses as obligatory for their students.
GMAT Club Bot
PLS score my IND writing   [#permalink] 14 Aug 2018, 22:41

PLS score my IND writing

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: carcass