Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:34 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE 1: IT Management Consultant
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE 1: IT Management Consultant
Send PM
Re: PMP Certification Useful? [#permalink]
jimmyjamesdonkey wrote:
Has anyone found this certification useful pre or post MBA? In consulting, the industry I am currently in, I know people look for it. I am interested if anyone knows of it outside that consulting.

Thanks.

What industry are you in? Project Management actually stemmed from construction.

(in simple terms) Projects are any endeavor that has a defined scope (end goal) that you have to manage. Many things can be "projects" but the ones that are larger, complex, involve more people, dependencies, etc are helped the most with project management principles.

From simple things like planning a picnic, to more complex things like developing a magazine issue, developing software, building a bridge.

From a career perspective, having a PMP may get you a higher salary or qualify you for a position. (I don't always agree that should be the case ... see earlier post)... but that's the way the market treats it.

I'm not sure how MBA admissions committees view it though. I hope positively since I have one! :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Yes, PMP certification is very much in demand but most important thing is - Do the course from the authorized training center.

According to me, Koenig solutions will be the best place to learn PMP course because it is one of the best training centers in all over India.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
The Project Management Professional (PMP) certification can be valuable both pre and post-MBA, especially in consulting, where it's highly regarded. It demonstrates project management expertise, which is beneficial in various industries beyond consulting. If you're considering roles that involve project management or leadership responsibilities, the PMP certification can significantly enhance your credentials.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2