Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [6]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE:Business Development (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all (Emory) Goizueta MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Reserved Post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 640 Q46 V34
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all (Emory) Goizueta MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Please review my profile and let me know my chances:

My profile is as follows:

GMAT SCORE: 680(Q-48, v-35, IR -5)

Have 4 years of work ex with HCL And TCS . worked for clients based in Abu dhabi(FIRST GULF BANK ) and client in USA (APPLE)

10th %- 81
12 %- 78
B.tech - 72.6
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi Elixir,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Please find below my comments :

GMAT Score : Average as far as Asian application pool is concerned ; Better than Average as far as general pool

Academics : Competitive – What was the name of your under grad college and what was your branch of study

Work Experience :
Volume : 4 years – Competitive
Nature : Both companies HCL and TCS are renowned in Technology Consulting ; so that’s an advantage
International Experience : Will give you an advantage in the application pool

I am an admission consultant who had himself applied to Emory a few years back and got an admission (joined ISB). So would be able to gauge your chances better once you share the following information with me :
1. Goals ? Short and Long term and why MBA and Why Emory is the right fit for you
2. Nature of your work with the 02 companies ? – Did you have an client handling/ team leading/Business Development experience ? Were you able to impact P&L with your work
3. Career Transition and Growth – Change in Roles and responsibilities
4. Extra Curricular ? Are you involved in any extra curricular activity with a lot of passion – If yes, why are you passionate about it and since when have you been involved with it and how have you been impacted by it
5. Recommendations – Who are your recommenders ? What is their role in the firm and what was the nature of your work relationship with them
6. Your Strengths ? What value add will you bring to the classroom and also as an Alumni

Overall, you need to create a very personalised application (through your essays, recommendations and resume), which will sell your brand in front of the admission committee

Please feel free to reach out to me at Email : arijit.biswas@mbaessayconsultant.com OR Skype : arijit_biswas89 in case you want support with your applications.

Wish you all the very best !!

Cheers
Arijit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone here who can share the link as to how can in connect with students at emory?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
elixir1237 wrote:
Anyone here who can share the link as to how can in connect with students at emory?

Hi Elixir! I am a current first year in Emory's full-time MBA program, class of 2018. I would be happy to answer some questions for you if you would like. You can also contact the Admissions Office and they will reach out to an Ambassador (like myself!) to help with any questions you may have.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions, or you can just post here and I will answer to the best of my ability.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey hi chase,

thanks for your response. I am applying to the full time program with a gmat score of 680.

I wanted to know about the GCA club within Emory business school and how does it help someone who wishes to pursue his career in consulting.

also i was trying to connect with the club presidents but their email address mentioned are all wrong
Manager
Manager
Send PM
elixir1237 wrote:
Hey hi chase,

thanks for your response. I am applying to the full time program with a gmat score of 680.

I wanted to know about the GCA club within Emory business school and how does it help someone who wishes to pursue his career in consulting.

also i was trying to connect with the club presidents but their email address mentioned are all wrong

Hey, no problem.

So I'm a member of the GCA and I can speak a little to that. The GCA, as well as Emory as a whole, does a great job bringing big consulting firms, as well as boutique firms, onto campus. While they are visiting, there is usually a presentation that you can sign up for and attend to learn more about a day in the life of a consultant and the characteristics of each firm. The GCA itself meets frequently, often each week, to crack cases and give each other feedback in preparation for the case portion of consulting interviews.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Chase
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the response chase

Can you please let me know your full name?

Also i have messaged you separately regarding some details. Please let me know if the same is possible.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Chase18 i am Still awaiting your reply..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
elixir1237 wrote:
Thanks for the response chase

Can you please let me know your full name?

Also i have messaged you separately regarding some details. Please let me know if the same is possible.

Let's take the conversation to messages and I would be happy to get into it a little more! I'll message you the details.

On a side note - if anyone has any questions about the process or is interested/planning on visiting, feel free to reach out to me or post :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Chase18 thanks for your reply...i have already messaged you...!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm definitely interested in Emory but i'm afraid I might need more time to get my GMAT score up. I was wondering if Emory's Round 3 is like most other schools' round 2 since Emory has 4 rounds instead of the typical 3? On the website it says * Preferred deadline for One-Year MBA applicants, international applicants, and applicants interested in consideration for top named scholarships for Round 2 ** Final deadline for general merit-based scholarships for round 3.

Thanks for your response!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
socalmbahopeful wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm definitely interested in Emory but i'm afraid I might need more time to get my GMAT score up. I was wondering if Emory's Round 3 is like most other schools' round 2 since Emory has 4 rounds instead of the typical 3? On the website it says * Preferred deadline for One-Year MBA applicants, international applicants, and applicants interested in consideration for top named scholarships for Round 2 ** Final deadline for general merit-based scholarships for round 3.

Hi Socalmbahopeful!

I can't speak for other schools, but I know of a several people in my class that are admits from Round 3 and even a few from Round 4. I don't think you are at a huge disadvantage applying in round 3 instead of round 2 - especially if your score/application will be stronger in round 3.

That being said, is your score outside of the 80 percentile range? Are there other parts of your application that may offset a low score?

Cheers,

Chase
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Chase18 wrote:
socalmbahopeful wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Hi Socalmbahopeful!

I can't speak for other schools, but I know of a several people in my class that are admits from Round 3 and even a few from Round 4. I don't think you are at a huge disadvantage applying in round 3 instead of round 2 - especially if your score/application will be stronger in round 3.

That being said, is your score outside of the 80 percentile range? Are there other parts of your application that may offset a low score?

Cheers,

Chase

Thanks! I think I will apply round 3. My first GMAT score was a 640, I only studied the Quant section and this score was expected. I am studying for an October test date and am scoring much higher on my practice exams (670-710)! I am not done studying but I believe my new GMAT score will be much stronger than my first one.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Chase thanks for all the information that you have provided...will be submitting my application in 1-2 days...hoping for the best..!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.25
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
R1 applicant here. Good luck to everyone applying :)

Sent from my SM-G9287C using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts