Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [13]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Schools: INSEAD Jan'18
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Hi pkudinov,

when I start the application for Jan 2018 intake it gets automatically directed to sep 2017 intake only. where is the link for Jan 2018 my friend?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: INSEAD Jan'18
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
nlr3169 wrote:
Hi pkudinov,

when I start the application for Jan 2018 intake it gets automatically directed to sep 2017 intake only. where is the link for Jan 2018 my friend?

I used
https://apply.insead.edu ->Dashboard -> Programs - MBA -> MBA January 2018 Intake -> Apply Now
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Hi There! I'm also applying to this program. Hope to finish the application before R1 deadline but won't rush.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.87
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys, a current INSEAD 17'D student here, based in Fontainebleau. I have drawn big time from this forum when I was applying, so I would be glad if I can help with any questions / queries. Feel free to ask about student life and all related things.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone,

I am sure all of you are anxious, busy and tensed while preparing for INSEAD's MBA application. These MBA applications are a good way to analyse one's strengths and weaknesses. It is a tough yet interesting time for each one of you which one will cherish throughout your lifetime once you reach the destination.

I started my journey on this path 2 years back; in the first year I received 100% rejections from 6 business schools and this year I have received 5 admits including 2 from top 5 business schools, 2 Ivy-leagues with scholarships and 1 from ISB. I was interviewed by 8 business schools this year including Harvard, Stanford, INSEAD and ISB.

I write to encourage all of you to not lose hope and be hopeful in this journey. I will be happy to help anyone who needs help in this process. I can be reached apoorvaj2712 (at) gmail(.)com

I look forward to interacting with interesting people here and getting to know an awesome bunch of you all.

Best wishes to all of you.
Apoorva
INSEAD- 17'D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.42
WE:Analyst (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hello! I am currently writing essays for is intake, I am aiming to the first deadline
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
What is the middle 80% GPA range of INSEAD?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ajain1234 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am sure all of you are anxious, busy and tensed while preparing for INSEAD's MBA application. These MBA applications are a good way to analyse one's strengths and weaknesses. It is a tough yet interesting time for each one of you which one will cherish throughout your lifetime once you reach the destination.

I started my journey on this path 2 years back; in the first year I received 100% rejections from 6 business schools and this year I have received 5 admits including 2 from top 5 business schools, 2 Ivy-leagues with scholarships and 1 from ISB. I was interviewed by 8 business schools this year including Harvard, Stanford, INSEAD and ISB.

I write to encourage all of you to not lose hope and be hopeful in this journey. I will be happy to help anyone who needs help in this process. I can be reached apoorvaj2712 (at) gmail(.)com

I look forward to interacting with interesting people here and getting to know an awesome bunch of you all.

Apoorva
INSEAD- 17'D

So nice of you apporva- in the process of writing and polishing essays..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.61
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply to INSEAD's January intake but had some doubts regarding the strength of my profile. I understand that this might not be the correct place to solicit advice regarding my candidature, but I couldn't find any other thread here that addresses this issue. Would really appreciate if you guys could help me out here. My profile in short:

Academics
Bachelors and Masters from IIT Delhi - India's top ranked engineering institute (GPA 6.43)
GMAT 700

Work ex
2 years as a European Fixed Income trader at India's largest proprietary trading firm
1 year 10 months as a Co-founder of a K-12 education startup that had 100,000 students. Not funded.
1 year 2 months as a Product Manager at a Series C funded ecommerce startup. End-to-end responsibility for setting up operations in China. Gained valuable international exposure by working in China.

Extarcurriculars
Founder and director of a health focussed NGO working with 100 families in India
Captain of hostel football team, leading the team to its first medal in 5 years.

I realise that GPA is the weakest point in my profile. Would the GMAT be also considered weak by the adcom?

My immediate goal is get into a venture capital fund at an Associate level.

Please shed your thoughts on my profile. Thanks!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
nlr3169 wrote:
pkudinov wrote:
Hi there! I'm applying for this intake, polishing essays now. Will try to make it for the Round 1 (15th March)

I will also be applying for jan'18 intake.. can u pl share the essay topics with the word limit?

And congratulations for the sep'17 admits...would you mind sharing the video interview experience and also the topics..

Hi nlr3169, sorry for the delayed response. Did you set up an online login? All the questions are there. However I generally recommend that candidates start with developing talking points for their recommenders. Those forms for INSEAD are quite comprehensive, and you will need to strategize as to which stories are best told by you vs. your recommenders.

Takes a lot more time to coordinate your "content" from other sources - so start there.

Also - calling out the fact that INSEAD allows 3 recommenders if you feel the 3rd will add value.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Pillarsofcreation wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply to INSEAD's January intake but had some doubts regarding the strength of my profile. I understand that this might not be the correct place to solicit advice regarding my candidature, but I couldn't find any other thread here that addresses this issue. Would really appreciate if you guys could help me out here. My profile in short:

Academics
Bachelors and Masters from IIT Delhi - India's top ranked engineering institute (GPA 6.43)
GMAT 700

Work ex
2 years as a European Fixed Income trader at India's largest proprietary trading firm
1 year 10 months as a Co-founder of a K-12 education startup that had 100,000 students. Not funded.
1 year 2 months as a Product Manager at a Series C funded ecommerce startup. End-to-end responsibility for setting up operations in China. Gained valuable international exposure by working in China.

Extarcurriculars
Founder and director of a health focussed NGO working with 100 families in India
Captain of hostel football team, leading the team to its first medal in 5 years.

I realise that GPA is the weakest point in my profile. Would the GMAT be also considered weak by the adcom?

My immediate goal is get into a venture capital fund at an Associate level.

Please shed your thoughts on my profile. Thanks!

I think your GMAT and GPA both will be problematic.

As for an Indian candidate the averages are usually 20-30 points higher than the averages for the school. For INSEAD the safe target would be 720-730.

There is a lot of time before the admission opens up. Try writing it again.

Other than that you look good - but it is also about selling yourself well. And oh this is the wrong forum - talk to the profile reviewers to get a better input.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
nachol98 wrote:
Hello! I am currently writing essays for is intake, I am aiming to the first deadline

Thats nice! All the best
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
Hey NLR,

Keep me posted if you need help. I will be happy to help.

Thanks
Apoorva
nlr3169 wrote:
ajain1234 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Apoorva
INSEAD- 17'D

So nice of you apporva- in the process of writing and polishing essays..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.72
Send PM