Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:54 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [2]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Need Help for GMAT 4th Attempt [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi aditya2106k,

I've sent you a PM with some notes/suggestions on your ESR.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sammy599 wrote:
Hi Aditya,

Looking at your score, it's safe to say that you have your quant covered pretty well but you struggle with CR. Your CR score is disproportionately low compared to your other scores and I guess the problem you're facing is with the WAY you tackle the questions and not the aptitude required to unravel it. When you break down any CR question, it becomes apparent that there will be 2 options (rarely 3) of the 5 which are even in contention to be the correct answer, the others are often easy to spot based on common "traps" that the GMAT sets.

So, extending this logic, it is safe to conclude that you are either unable to narrow down your options or unable to select the right option after narrowing them down. In either case, the remedy should not be too difficult, though the later is a bit more difficult than the former. If you look through the forums, you will find various guides written by members which help break questions down and identify the correct option. I would suggest you have a look at Whiplash's verbal guides; they're concise and well written.

Your potential for improvement is immense and I wish you the best of luck for your upcoming attempt.

If you thought my response was helpful, please don't forget to the Kudos button.

Hi Sammy599,
You are correct. I get stuck between two options in CR and mark the wrong one most of the times. I am currently practicing CR questions. Have gone through the CR bible and completed OG13.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rohan2345 wrote:
Hi aditya2106k,

Do not be disheartened. It’s a good thing you have taken your GMAT. You now know your weakness is the verbal section and can now work to improve your accuracy in verbal. If you are willing to study dedicatedly for two months, you are sure to achieve your goal.

For critical reasoning section, I would highly encourage you to consider Powerscore critical reasoning bible. It is a great GMAT prep book and will clear your concepts really well. Powerscore CR bible with OG will surely improve your accuracy on the GMAT.

For additional practice you can use e-gmat Scholaranium which is included in your courses and is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market. You can easily track your progress in that you can identify your strengths and analyze and improve on your weak areas.

You can also try out the MGMAT guides for SC and RC as they are phenomenal and cover the entire syllabus really well.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

Lastly I would also encourage you to purchase the latest version of OG and the verbal review for some great additional practice. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

Hope this helps. All the best.

Thank you Rohan for your detailed reply. I have completed OG13 again and gone through CR bible. Bought Manhattan 6 Full tests Yesterday.
Any good source of authentic CR questions?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
aditya2106k wrote:
rohan2345 wrote:
Hi aditya2106k,

Do not be disheartened. It’s a good thing you have taken your GMAT. You now know your weakness is the verbal section and can now work to improve your accuracy in verbal. If you are willing to study dedicatedly for two months, you are sure to achieve your goal.

For critical reasoning section, I would highly encourage you to consider Powerscore critical reasoning bible. It is a great GMAT prep book and will clear your concepts really well. Powerscore CR bible with OG will surely improve your accuracy on the GMAT.

For additional practice you can use e-gmat Scholaranium which is included in your courses and is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market. You can easily track your progress in that you can identify your strengths and analyze and improve on your weak areas.

You can also try out the MGMAT guides for SC and RC as they are phenomenal and cover the entire syllabus really well.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

Lastly I would also encourage you to purchase the latest version of OG and the verbal review for some great additional practice. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

Thank you Rohan for your detailed reply. I have completed OG13 again and gone through CR bible. Bought Manhattan 6 Full tests Yesterday.
Any good source of authentic CR questions?

Hi Aditya,

Try out the GMAT PREP Question Pack 1. Question Pack 1 contains 404 additional GMAT questions which include 200 Quantitative, 180 Verbal, and 24 Integrated Reasoning. It is completely worth $29.99. You can also purchase GMATPREP EP1 and GMATPREP EP2. These are some great sources for great and authentic GMAT questions especially for CR and SC.

GMAT Club Bot