Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 453
Concentration: Finance
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7776 [1]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
Re: Practice tests or Practice bins [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
I have to recommend against the approach you're taking for a few reasons:

1) It's very hard to find quality verbal questions outside of official materials. If you are on a budget and want a ton of verbal questions, they aren't going to be of high quality (unless they are illegal copies of official problems). The GMAT spends about $1,000 to develop one question! So in short, the resource you're looking for isn't going to exist.

2) While timing is a huge part of the test, that doesn't mean you should constantly do full timed sets. For one thing, that doesn't leave enough time for problem-by-problem review, which should be how you spend most of your time. For another, you can get a better sense of how to handle timing by doing short timed sets and then looking at how you spent your time. Which problems ran too long? Were there problems on which you could save time? If you guessed and moved on, did you make the right decision?

3) Most of your verbal timing problems are best targeted by working to make your process more efficient on each verbal type. How are you spending your time? Are you able to predict an answer on CR and RC questions? Are you approaching SC efficiently, or are you getting stuck on difficult or irrelevant issues? Again, this kind of growth comes from careful review of individual problems, not just repeated timed sections.

Good luck!
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64940 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Expert Reply
divyap2002 wrote:
Hello Folks,

I am badly on the lookout for some practice bins( similar to ones provided by Princeton) where the questions are timed. I have access to 6 Practice CATs but I do need more especially if I could get some just to get a better score on Verbal. I am good at the verbal section without a timer, however, I need to practice a lot with a timer. The usual idea of using an alarm is not working that effectively. Also, I would like to practice "41 questions format" more often, than just one particular type of verbal question ( SC, RC, CR).

So now that I have made my intention clear as to why I require a practice bin option, kindly suggest the possible options. Since I have a less than a month left, I would like an extremely budgeted option.

On that note, what do you guys think about Grockit? they have a 1-month option with an access to 2000 odd questions and 5 CATs for 900 bucks (Indian moolah).

Thanks in advance.
Divya

P.S.: Ignore any superior level formatting error(s) I have made in the above request.

You can buy our 7 practice tests for $24 (sale ends June 1) here: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/free-g ... tice-test/
Also, you can try out our question bank here: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#-question-bank/

Note that, after every practice session, you need to put in some serious amount of time in evaluating your performance. You must ensure that you understand exactly why you made mistakes. Jot down takeaways and work hard on weaknesses uncovered.
GMAT Club Bot