It is currently 17 Aug 2017, 19:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

predict scores from Mgmat

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

predict scores from Mgmat [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2015, 12:31
Hi , im consistently gettibg 670 plus in Manhattan gmat .My scores are , mgmat -3 (670) , mgmat4 - (740) , mgmat 5 - (700) and today gave mgmat 6 -(730) .my quants is in the range of 50-51 with lowest of 47 . the exam is being given at home and with pauses .Need guidance as to what i should do to improve and wat shud be my timing strategy .

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount CodesEMPOWERgmat Discount Codes
Expert Post
Economist GMAT Tutor Instructor

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 0

Re: predict scores from Mgmat [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 19:07
Once you begin to master the academic topics of the GMAT, you should work on developing your test-taking skills. Since the GMAT is a timed exam, you must develop a time management strategy.
You will have about two minutes to answer each question on the Quant section, and slightly less than two minutes per question on the Verbal.
A tactic you can employ to develop your time management skills is to group five Quant questions together and spend no more than ten minutes on them. For Verbal, give yourself nine minutes to answer five questions. You can use this strategy on both practice questions and simulation exams.
If during a ten-minute stretch, you find yourself falling behind schedule, make a strategic guess or two to catch up. Make strategic guesses on questions about which you aren’t confident or that would take you much longer than two minutes to answer. By making strategic guesses, you can recover precious time that you can spend on questions on which you have a better chance of answering correctly.
To sum up the basics of time management on the GMAT: keep track of your time, and if you start to fall behind, make an educated guess or two to ensure that you will not run out of time and leave questions unanswered.

Economist GMAT Tutor
Claim your completely free, full-access trial: http://econgm.at/GMATFreeTrial
Follow us @econtestprep
Contact us at (866) 292-0660 or support@gmat.economist.com

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 0

Re: predict scores from Mgmat   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2016, 19:07