Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:54 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Prep course recommendation and a brief intros [#permalink]
awesome guys. thanks for the quick reply! i've been lurking here for few days now! i find a lot of stuff very useful!

do u guys recommend dishing out tons of money for a prep course? or should i try studying on my own for a month. take the test and if i do not do so well then take the prep course?

or study 1st then do prep course...?
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
That all depends on you.

Can you self study and put the time to identify your weaknesses, using online resources such as GMATClub and commit yourself to prep?

Or do you need help developing a study plan and some instructor time to get over certain obstacles?

I personally needed a prep course to get over certain obstacles. If I had dedicated more time here, that might have not been necessary, but I don't regret it. The folks at MGMAT were great and the class was well worth the price I paid.

Read through some of the more well written debriefs in the share your gmat experience forum. Start off with a practice test (the free one from the prep companies: MGMAT, Kaplan, Veritas,Knewton, etc or use a GMATPrep test) and figure out what your weakest section is. Work from your weakest up. If you don't really know where to start, the generic content, such as Kaplen GMAT Premier, is an excellent starting point. Take practice tests through your prep to gauge progress and figure out what your roadblocks are. Keep a good error log.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks for the help. Yeah i have already found tons of helpful tips here including yours! i will be lurking around here for a while =)

once i start practicing and studying. i will keep a log. i will post em up after =)

also i have 1 month until the UIC prep course starts in march-4 to april something. the course is only 400 bucks! right now i will study on my own and check out some gmat books at barnes and nobles
GMAT Club Bot