GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Nov 2018, 04:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • All GMAT Club Tests are Free and open on November 22nd in celebration of Thanksgiving Day!

November 22, 2018

November 22, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Mark your calendars - All GMAT Club Tests are free and open November 22nd to celebrate Thanksgiving Day! Access will be available from 0:01 AM to 11:59 PM, Pacific Time (USA)
  • Free lesson on number properties

November 23, 2018

November 23, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Practice the one most important Quant section - Integer properties, and rapidly improve your skills.

Preparing for the Gmat test for the first time

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Preparing for the Gmat test for the first time  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2018, 06:10
Dear all,

I am an international student that is interested in studying a master in finance in Europe for 2019 intake. When i have applied for schools in europe specifically france, spain and germany, one of the requirements was that i should get a score in the GMAT exam between 600-700. I decided to sit for the GMAT exam after 2 months from the beginning of November. I have searched alot of articles on the internet about how to start to prepare for the GMAT exam, and i have found alot of resources for GMAT preparation materials like official guide for the GMAT 2019 edition, Manhatten Guides, kaplan and many more, also i found online subscriptions like magoosh. I don’t know from where to begin studying and i am dispersed. Should i buy all the materials which are somehow expensive or should i concentrate on one material and should i subscribe for magoosh Gmat or there are other free resources that i could study from them. I need an advice. Thank you in advance.

Posted from my mobile device
RC Moderator
P
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Preparing for the Gmat test for the first time  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2018, 07:35
Khaled951 wrote:
Dear all,

I am an international student that is interested in studying a master in finance in Europe for 2019 intake. When i have applied for schools in europe specifically france, spain and germany, one of the requirements was that i should get a score in the GMAT exam between 600-700. I decided to sit for the GMAT exam after 2 months from the beginning of November. I have searched alot of articles on the internet about how to start to prepare for the GMAT exam, and i have found alot of resources for GMAT preparation materials like official guide for the GMAT 2019 edition, Manhatten Guides, kaplan and many more, also i found online subscriptions like magoosh. I don’t know from where to begin studying and i am dispersed. Should i buy all the materials which are somehow expensive or should i concentrate on one material and should i subscribe for magoosh Gmat or there are other free resources that i could study from them. I need an advice. Thank you in advance.

Hello Khaled951 ...... welcome to the vibrant community of GMAT Club !!

First and foremost. I would definitely look at the link below ( by @bb) :
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-study-p ... ml#p605856

And then plan accordingly whatever suits your style. :-)

Please let me know if I am going in wrong direction.
Thanks in appreciation.

Manager
Manager
P
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Preparing for the Gmat test for the first time  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2018, 07:42
Khaled951 wrote:
Dear all,

Khaled951
Check out this link for verbal resource
https://gmatclub.com/forum/welcome-to-t ... 62910.html
Director
Director
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2018, 07:50
Hi Khaled951,

Welcome to gmatclub!

Check out these threads:

Top & Best GMAT Math Books
Best GMAT Verbal Books
Overview of All Available GMAT Practice Tests
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-must-ha ... 50146.html

Hope this helps!

Non progredi est regredi

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2018, 09:33
Hi Khaled951,

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can take 2 for free at www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

As an aside, many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores, so if you limit your studies to just 2 months, then there might be a limit to how much you can improve (and how high you will Score on the Official GMAT).

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) A score range of 600 - 700 is rather broad, so you might want to do a bit more research into the Programs that you are interested in - so that you can better define the type of GMAT Score that would help make you a strong Applicant (for example, what data do you have on your first-choice School? Is it possible that that School would expect a Score that's significantly higher than a 600?). By extension, what is YOUR goal score?
2) When are you planning to apply to Business School? If the application deadlines are coming up soon, then what are the exact application deadlines?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2018, 17:09
Hi Khaled951,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. First off, when prepping for the GMAT, you will find the most success by following a clear and organized study plan. Thus, you probably should shy away from using too many materials.

That being said, before you decide on a prep course, it may be a good idea to take an official GMAT practice exam. The results of that exam will give you a bird’s-eye view of your strengths and weaknesses, and indicate how far you are from your score goal.

Once you complete the exam, feel free to report back here, and I can provide some further advice. Also, check out some of the success stories of past GMAT students as well as reviews of various GMAT prep courses to see what prep materials have worked for other test-takers.

Lastly, you may find it helpful to read this article about
how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 08:22
Top Contributor
1. We recommend taking a full length practice test through the GMAT Prep software or online version from mba.com -so you can familiarize yourself with the interface and the mental anxieties that can happen as you go through the process.

You'll also get a feel for the various question types and the pace at which you will need to move for the real thing.

So these elements are in addition to knowing where your weakness is.

2. Yes - you should definitely by the Official Guide for practice. This along with the GMAT Prep software or online version from mba.com + a supplemental 3rd party source should be the 3 main sources for your prep.

During your SC studies, we encourage you to follow along expert video explanations to guide you in your thought process.

Here's a shared Google doc of video links you may find helpful:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1f_ckd ... H1HmTgctJI

You can learn more about us at:

http://www.gmatpill.com
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Preparing for the Gmat test for the first time &nbs [#permalink] 31 Oct 2018, 08:22

Preparing for the Gmat test for the first time

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap