Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q150 V150
GPA: 2.77
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi everyone!
I would appreciate if someone could evaluate my profile for the LBS MBA programme

Background: Mexican, male, 30 yo
Undergraduate Degree: BBA in a Mexican college (EBC)
In 2011 I studied 6 months at IE University (Spain) before dropping out. Had to go back to Mexico to help my father with his business, he had to shut it down due to mismanagement. Went back to college in 2015.
GPA - 8.8/10
GMAT: Still studying, aiming for a 680-700
Work experience till date: 4 jobs in the last 10 years
Job 1: 4 years in my family’s business, helped reorganize the business from a near bankruptcy. Managed to generate a 1.5M USD yearly revenue on my last year.
Job 2: 1 year as Head of Productivity Public Policy Department at the Ministry of Finance, worked in several projects with The World Bank, IADB, ODCE, and Stanford Business School. Member of the technical secretariat of the High Level Investment Group with China.
Job 3: 8 months as Head of the system for Citizen services in the Mexican presidential campaign. Oversaw and channeled 40,000 petitions and requests.
Job 4: 4 years Returned to the family business, led the transition from a family business to a corporate organization. Pivoted the core business and currently expanding. My actual role is Chief Financial and Administrative Officer

Besides that, I currently own a Mexican restaurant and a renewable energy company, giving advisory and financing in solar panels for small businesses.

Extra Curriculars:
Alpinism, summit on the 5 highest mountains in Mexico within 21 days (tallest being 5,600 mts)
Volunteer in a terminal stage disease children foundation and home building for people with scarce resources.
Travelled across 35 different countries across 4 continents

Post MBA Goals:
I am planning on moving to Europe, changing career to real estate private equity or fintech.

I will apply for Fall 2023 intake.
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
OGM wrote:
Hi everyone!
I would appreciate if someone could evaluate my profile for the LBS MBA programme

In 2011 I studied 6 months at IE University (Spain) before dropping out. Had to go back to Mexico to help my father with his business, he had to shut it down due to mismanagement. Went back to college in 2015.
GPA - 8.8/10
Job 1: 4 years in my family’s business, helped reorganize the business from a near bankruptcy. Managed to generate a 1.5M USD yearly revenue on my last year.
Job 2: 1 year as Head of Productivity Public Policy Department at the Ministry of Finance, worked in several projects with The World Bank, IADB, ODCE, and Stanford Business School. Member of the technical secretariat of the High Level Investment Group with China.
Job 3: 8 months as Head of the system for Citizen services in the Mexican presidential campaign. Oversaw and channeled 40,000 petitions and requests.
Job 4: 4 years Returned to the family business, led the transition from a family business to a corporate organization. Pivoted the core business and currently expanding. My actual role is Chief Financial and Administrative Officer

Besides that, I currently own a Mexican restaurant and a renewable energy company, giving advisory and financing in solar panels for small businesses.

Extra Curriculars:
Alpinism, summit on the 5 highest mountains in Mexico within 21 days (tallest being 5,600 mts)
Volunteer in a terminal stage disease children foundation and home building for people with scarce resources.

Post MBA Goals:
I am planning on moving to Europe, changing career to real estate private equity or fintech.

Hi OGM,
You have many standout bits in your overall profile. The 10 years of WE however concerns me, and may dampen your chances with LBS a bit; With a high score however, and compensating with other bits, you may be able to overcome that.

Feel free to connect for a free one to one session to discuss your profile, and ask any questions directly.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Visit our Website for more free resources and absolutely anything and everything latest about MBA on MBA and Beyond

Hey, OGM,

Thanks for sharing your profile

First of all, I must say, when it comes to experience, it's very rare to find such depth and diverse profile with a huge amount of relevant experience! Without any question, this could be your biggest asset to pitch in front of the adcom! However, spending most of the time in the family business, getting into an MBA school with a family business background poses a few challenges but no need to worry! Here is an article you could refer to, How to stand out in your MBA application with a family business background, this would most certainly help provide insights about how to approach your MBA application with a family business background

Coming to academics, you have a great GPA; however, it would be great if you add more specifically about the gap years taken in an additional letter to the adcom! Also, I would suggest adding a tad more about your overall statistics and information about any other courses, certifications, and academic accolades to your profile! Finally, you have a robust profile; hence aiming for 710-715+ could add an additional boost.

Furthermore, your resume is strengthened by your advancements and international experience. Kudos to you for your excellent job defining your roles, duties, and important initiatives. All left to do is highlight a few outstanding leadership examples, like your role in the revival of your family business and saving it from bankruptcy or the role played in your job involving The World Bank, in your application. This would help signify global exposure and add weight to your application. Moreover, owning a restaurant and renewable energy company accounts for entrepreneurial skills, which would help explore new horizons to discuss in front of the adcom!

Moreover, you did switch several times in your tenure and even want to switch lines post-MBA; hence, you need to give strong reasons for your decision. For your reference, I suggest you go through our article on How you can justify your career switch to pursue an MBA! It would help you portray your reasons and the impact of your decisions on your career progression!

Your profile has a distinctive blend due to your interests in hiking and mountains. Participation in social events also justifies your moral responsibilities; highlight particular accomplishments to broaden your profile. The biggest advantage will be how you present these activities; it will also help your portfolio appear better. Hence, it would help if you elaborated on your ECAs; that should help start an interesting conversation between you and AdComs. Furthermore, I suggest you go through our article on Significance of ECAs for MBA Application, to understand the importance of drafting exemplary ECAs essays!

Overall, I see a robust profile; nevertheless, you must concentrate on establishing your application's credibility and incorporating the values you have acquired throughout your lengthy tenure. Furthermore, we would also like to discuss more about your year gap and the re-switch to the family business after a brief period in other roles! Hence, if you'd like, we'd be happy to get on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your possibilities in more detail and properly address your worries. We'll be pleased to help you and make your profile stand out more. So feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

OGM wrote:
Hi everyone!

GPA - 8.8/10

Extra Curriculars:

Post MBA Goals:

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
IndianMLMentor750 wrote:
Background and nationality : Indian Male IT (Innovation with ML/AI)
Undergrad Information :Tier 1 Top 10 Indian college, GPA - 3
GMAT: 750 (Q50,V41) AWA6 IR7
Work experience and leadership : Innovation department of a Big IT firm. 3 years, couple of promotions, mentored over 100 students with 40+ innovative projects. Delivered products for healthcare and retail clients. Lead teams of 10+ people. Worked directly with CTOs and Directors.
Community and others : Involved with a few NGOs which work towards eradication of Poverty and illiteracy. Cycling club. Cricket and volleyball teams in college.
Post MBA goals : Tech Management

Posted from my mobile device

Hey IndianMLMentor750

Your profile looks brilliant, and you are all set to get you an admit into the B-schools abroad. Your GMAT score of 750 is perfect and is acceptable in most top-tier abroad universities. Though your GPA is slightly low, you cover it well with your work experience.

To clear out all your doubts regarding the eligibility criteria of top B-Schools, here let me simplify it for you:
MBA programmes abroad are available in a variety of specializations. Aspirants seeking an MBA from a foreign university must meet the College/Eligibility University's requirements.
Candidates seeking admission to MBA Abroad must have a bachelor's degree with a minimum aggregate score of 50% from a recognised university. They must have at least 3-5 years of experience in the same field and pass the required language proficiency test.
Now, the important thing is you must decide which country you want to go to and which university you want to join. Sort this out, and you are good to go. Make mention of your extracurricular activities in the Essay because I can see you have played many team games that reflect on your being a team player and some leadership qualities.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to setup a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
You can setup a call via this link:
https://bit.ly/3DSH5km

Originally posted by MiMEssay on 16 Sep 2022, 01:30.
Last edited by MiMEssay on 08 Feb 2023, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: ISB '24 (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

Need help with profile evaluation.

Background:
25, Male, Indian

Education:
10th-91(ICSE)
12th-91.4(ICSE)
Grad:7.6(Civil Engineering, BITS Pilani(declared institute of eminence by GOI, one of the biggest feeder for B-Schools from India, Chairman of Board is KM Birla who is LBS alumnus))
GMAT:720(Q51,V36)

Work Ex: 40 months(would be 48 months if I join next year)
24 months in a sustainability consulting firm as an analyst. Handled a portfolio of 10cr+ CSR budget from clients across the globe. Led a team of 8 in the last 6 months to improve client service. Organized and participated in 50+ volunteering drives as part of this firm. Total volunteering hours>300. I had done a 6 month internship here post which I got a pre placement offer.

16 months in India's largest matchmaking business as Senior product Analyst. I take care of all external payment gateway integration both for India as well as non-India business. Awarded a quarterly award for improving top line by 3%. Promoted twice in a year.

Extra-curriculars:
Represented College Hockey team in multiple events.
Organized and participated in volunteering drives
Represented club at district level cricket tournaments.

Goals:

Short-term: Product manager at top IT firms(Amazon/Microsoft)
Long-Term: Product or Strategy leader in tech enabled or tech lead firms.

Thanks
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
killersword wrote:
Hi,

Background:
25, Male, Indian

Education:
10th-91(ICSE)
12th-91.4(ICSE)
Grad:7.6(Civil Engineering, BITS Pilani(declared institute of eminence by GOI, one of the biggest feeder for B-Schools from India, Chairman of Board is KM Birla who is LBS alumnus))

24 months in a sustainability consulting firm as an analyst. Handled a portfolio of 10cr+ CSR budget from clients across the globe. Led a team of 8 in the last 6 months to improve client service. Organized and participated in 50+ volunteering drives as part of this firm. Total volunteering hours>300. I had done a 6 month internship here post which I got a pre placement offer.

16 months in India's largest matchmaking business as Senior product Analyst. I take care of all external payment gateway integration both for India as well as non-India business. Awarded a quarterly award for improving top line by 3%. Promoted twice in a year.

Extra-curriculars:

Goals:

Thanks

killersword hope this finds you well

I see room for growth and profile improvement because you are a relatively young applicant by LBS norms. Your profile is decent, but in R2, LBS will seek out individuals with distinctive profiles and exceptional candidates who have profound ambitions. Amazon/Microsoft focus is too mainstream for the Indian population. Though you have a strong academic background, your GMAT score would matter if the decision ultimately came down to statistics. It's unclear how LBS fits into your objectives when most good B schools can help you land a PM position at Amazon or Microsoft. You need to work on your personal narrative and goals strategy to be able to stand out at LBS.

Best wishes
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey, killersword.

Thank you for providing a detailed profile; this is amazing.

Let’s first talk about your stats. A GMAT score of 720 is outstanding. Moreover, your GPA even though you have an average GPA, you do have a great profile in all the other aspects, including your HSC and SSC exam scores. Coming to work experience, your work experience is definitely great. I can see some real strategic roles in your profile, and your impact on the organization and your achievements are evidence of it. You have great leadership experience, and the best part is you have the credentials for your job, which is very important in the industry. The Highlight of your work experience must be managing the portfolio of 10cr+ CSR and mentioning your promotions by connecting them to your achievements!

About your ECAs, I see great potential in them, but the way you have listed your ECAs now, it seems quite generic! Instead, I would suggest highlighting the lessons learned, new difficulties encountered, leadership responsibilities performed, and a bit more about the overall experience to give your profile a distinctive edge. For example, I recommend that you read our article on Significance of ECAs for MBA Application, to understand the importance of drafting exemplary ECAs essays!

Regarding your post-MBA objectives, you need to interlink your past experiences with your goals and present them more emphatically! Overall, I would say that your profile is exceptional in terms of statistics. Hence, you have a real chance of enrolling at top B-schools. To captivate the adcoms, you need to focus on making connections between the dots in your B-School essays and creating a network that links your objectives, experience, skill set, and achievements. Finally, it would be best if you highlighted why you want to pursue an MBA. The desire, the determination, and the outcome! You must adjust these aims to answer the AdComs. That’s all for now; If you’d like, we’d be happy to get on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your possibilities in more detail and properly address your worries. We’ll be pleased to help you and make your profile stand out more. Feel free to submit your profile here for a FREE profile evaluation & to get additional benefits.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Visit our website www.mbaandbeyond.com for more MBA resources.

killersword wrote:
Hi,

Background:
25, Male, Indian

Education:
10th-91(ICSE)
12th-91.4(ICSE)

16 months in India’s largest matchmaking business as Senior product Analyst. I take care of all external payment gateway integration both for India as well as non-India business. Awarded a quarterly award for improving top line by 3%. Promoted twice in a year.

Extra-curriculars:

Goals:

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi everyone!

Please share your thoughts on my profile.

Demography:
29-year-old Indian Male

Education:
Undergrad
- Bachelor in Engineering: Computer Science. Visveshwaraya Technological University, India (2011-2015)
- Grade: 69% Aggregate. 1st Class
- Got a full-ride merit scholarship for 4 years of engineering as I come from a low-income background and scored more than 90% in 12th standard (Physics: 89, Chemistry: 93, Maths: 91)
Graduation
- Masters of Science: Computer Science. University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland (2017-2018)
- Grade: 2.1 . First Class
- Got a scholarship of 4000 euros for educational excellence in engineering

GMAT:
760 (Q50-V42-IR:8-AWA:4)

Current Role:
Senior Software Engineer
-Design, develop and maintain enterprise-level software applications

Work Experience:
Dublin, Ireland (4 years)
-Worked for an Investment Management firm as the lead software developer to build in-house technology products
-Contributed to the design-development-testing and production phases of an enterprise-level Trade-Order Management System with a team of 4 international software developers
-The system effectively manages more than $600 million per month in transactions and handles more than $200 million on a single day during portfolio rebalancing

Bangalore, India (2 years)
-Worked for a Management Consulting firm as a Decision Scientist
-Worked with multiple fortune 500 clients to provide data-driven insights and actionable recommendations

Extracurriculars:
Captain of the University Volleyball Team (2012- 2015)
-Led the team to win our first state-level tournament in 9 years
-Won various regional tournaments across Karnataka, India
Trekked the Himalayas (2017)
-After 3 months of intense training, trekked to Roopkund, Himalayas
-This expedition was with a team of 20 people, ascending from 7000 feet on day 0 to reaching 16,000 feet on day 9
Active Tennis player
-Won the club championship for doubles and the most improved player of the year award in 2019

Languages:
-English
-Hindi
-Kannada

Post-MBA Goal:
-short-term: Switch from tech to consulting, get into MBB. Ideally continue to stay in the finance and tech space
-long-term: Work in strategy roles/ leadership positions in mid-sized fin-tech firms

LOR:
- Strong letter from my current CEO

Target Schools:
Havard, Booth, Kellog, Tuck, Columbia, LBS, INSEAD

Strengths:
- 4 years of international experience. Living in Dublin, worked mostly with the Irish and the germans
- Worked on niche investment tech products. Quant and tech-heavy.
- Wore multiple hats in terms of working with Traders, Brokers, external lawyers, international software developers, and data vendors
- Implemented multiple software from whiteboard to live environments

Weakness:
- Mostly worked in small teams. Haven't led teams of size 10 or more professionally.
- Relatively less exposure in terms of presenting to / convincing stakeholders.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
NextGenNerd hi,
(LOVE The nickname!)
Shimri Winters here. I'm a London Business School alumnus and head the ARINGO strateegy committee
I have to admit, I am impressed!
    Great academics + GMAT
    Nice international work background
    Good team management experiences
    and interesting Extracurriculars

All in all you are what I call a great candidate :)
I don't see any big weakness, although, as you know, you come from an over-represented background (that said, you are quite unique with the paths you have taken)

Naturally, I missing more info on the exact work you are doing and the company you work for - stuff like who are the clients (internal or external?), who are the stakeholders. who do you interact with, what are the size of the projects, are there international teams/clients, what's your biggest achievement, who will be your recommenders (and what will they say) and more
But from what I gathered, you will have good answers to most of the above.

Your career goals sound right, but a bit generic, and I would try to align them better to what u do today (MBB consultant, yes, but in a specific industry, or market)

Happy to discuss this further and perhaps help you create some stellar applications that will help you get admitted! I am always on shimriw@ARINGO.com
GOOD LUCK

NextGenNerd wrote:
Hi everyone!

Please share your thoughts on my profile.

Demography:
29-year-old Indian Male

Education:
Undergrad
- Bachelor in Engineering: Computer Science. Visveshwaraya Technological University, India (2011-2015)
- Grade: 69% Aggregate. 1st Class
- Got a full-ride merit scholarship for 4 years of engineering as I come from a low-income background and scored more than 90% in 12th standard (Physics: 89, Chemistry: 93, Maths: 91)
Graduation
- Masters of Science: Computer Science. University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland (2017-2018)
- Grade: 2.1 . First Class
- Got a scholarship of 4000 euros for educational excellence in engineering

GMAT:
760 (Q50-V42-IR:8-AWA:4)

Current Role:
Senior Software Engineer
-Design, develop and maintain enterprise-level software applications

Work Experience:
Dublin, Ireland (4 years)
-Worked for an Investment Management firm as the lead software developer to build in-house technology products
-Contributed to the design-development-testing and production phases of an enterprise-level Trade-Order Management System with a team of 4 international software developers
-The system effectively manages more than $600 million per month in transactions and handles more than $200 million on a single day during portfolio rebalancing

Bangalore, India (2 years)
-Worked for a Management Consulting firm as a Decision Scientist
-Worked with multiple fortune 500 clients to provide data-driven insights and actionable recommendations

Extracurriculars:
Captain of the University Volleyball Team (2012- 2015)
-Led the team to win our first state-level tournament in 9 years
-Won various regional tournaments across Karnataka, India
Trekked the Himalayas (2017)
-After 3 months of intense training, trekked to Roopkund, Himalayas
-This expedition was with a team of 20 people, ascending from 7000 feet on day 0 to reaching 16,000 feet on day 9
Active Tennis player
-Won the club championship for doubles and the most improved player of the year award in 2019

Languages:
-English
-Hindi
-Kannada

Post-MBA Goal:
-short-term: Switch from tech to consulting, get into MBB. Ideally continue to stay in the finance and tech space
-long-term: Work in strategy roles/ leadership positions in mid-sized fin-tech firms

LOR:
- Strong letter from my current CEO

Target Schools:
Havard, Booth, Kellog, Tuck, Columbia, LBS, INSEAD

Strengths:
- 4 years of international experience. Living in Dublin, worked mostly with the Irish and the germans
- Worked on niche investment tech products. Quant and tech-heavy.
- Wore multiple hats in terms of working with Traders, Brokers, external lawyers, international software developers, and data vendors
- Implemented multiple software from whiteboard to live environments

Weakness:
- Mostly worked in small teams. Haven't led teams of size 10 or more professionally.
- Relatively less exposure in terms of presenting to / convincing stakeholders.
School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 2.68
Send PM
Kudos
Name/username: Ankit Sureka
Country/Location : India / Mumbai
Under-Graduate School : Calcutta University
Under-Graduate GPA: 2.68
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 710 Q48 V40
Total Work Experience : 6 years
Pre-MBA Industry : Finance in Hotels / Hospitality
Target industry post-MBA: Consulting + Automotive
Brief about Work Experience : Chartered Accountant - 3 promotions / 4 roles across the same organisation
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Ex-Manager
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Content Creation, Trekking
International Experience : NA
Scholarship Given? : No word yet
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Career + Geography switch
Why LBS? : Curriculum + Location + Culture of school
Which Round did you apply in? : R1 (reapplicant)
Status of your application? (A or WL) : Admit
Short-Term Goal : Consulting
Long-Term Goal : Automotive / Mobility
Link to your interview debrief: NA
(You can add your interview experience HERE and paste the link above )
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : Yes - Fortuna Consultants
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Honestly ask yourself if you fit in to the culture of the school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Hi!

Can someone please evaluate my profile:

Background: 27-year-old Indian Male

Education:
- Bachelor in Commerce: University of Mumbai, India (2013-2016): CGPA: 70%
- Chartered Accountant (CA): Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (2013-2017): All levels in the first attempt
- Financial Risk Management (Certification): Global Association of Risk Professionals (2018-2019): All levels in the first attempt

GMAT:
710 (Q48/V38)

Work Experience:
Business professional with >5 years of experience in corporate banking at one of the largest private sector bank in India;
- Currently managing a team of professionals with a portfolio of USD 500.0 million lent to corporates in India & MENA region engaged in variety of sectors, from construction and infrastructure to renewable energy.
- Worked towards towards building & managing relationships with corporates and maximizing revenue of the Bank.
- Engaged with corporates in supporting their banking & financial requirements through various products.
- Led various projects for the senior management relating to strategy, opportunity scoping and competition analysis.
- 3 promotions within 4.5 years

Had also worked at a mid-sized chartered accountancy firm as an intern for 3 years while studying for CA.
- Experience in consulting clients on direct & indirect taxation and litigation matters
- Conducted tax audits and statutory audits of various companies

Extracurriculars:
An avid adventurer and endurance sports enthusiast:
- Completed several marathons and cyclothons. Have organised various long-distance cycling expeditions.
- Completed several treks in the Western Ghats and the Himalayas.
Motivated patients undergoing transplant as a member of an NGO focused on promoting organ donations
Selected as the class representative and member of student council in the first year of college
Passionate about cooking, swimming, football and chess

Post-MBA Goals:
short-term: Join a fortune-500 company in a strategic finance role
long-term: Work in strategy roles/leadership positions in the finance domain

Target Schools: LBS, HEC Paris, Oxford, Cambridge.

Thanks.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Akash2502
Shimri Winters here. LBS graduate, and head of the ARINGO strategy team. Happy to review your profile:
From what I can see:
    -- Education - seems very strong! - Good university, high GPA, clearing the CA tests (the hardest in the world), and some additional certifications? well done!
    -- GMAT - 710 - I don't know if this is your final attempt or just the beginning. 710 is considered ok for the schools you mentioned, but as you come from an overrepresented background, the higher the better, and a few more points would give you a higher chance, especially for LBS / INSEAD
    -- Work experience - 3 promotions within 4.5 years, team management etc. ALL sounds good. although need to hear more about this and about why your experiences are unique and MBA relevant. also, the EU schools put an emphasis on international work experience (if you have any, even if was working with an international team, mention it)
    -- Extracurricular activities - great!
    -- Carer goals - seem bang on. finance manager in a big firm at the beginning and the sky is the limit in the long run!
    -- School wish list - well you chose the best EU schools. you could add IESE!
All in all:
I love your profile, and with some stellar applications (we can help with that 😊 check out our INSEAD, LBS, HEC, Cambridge and Oxford MBA admissions acceptance statistics https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics) , I really think you have a great chance of getting accepted to some of the top schools!

I would love to review your profile further, discuss other aspects of your application and perhaps work together on getting some acceptance letters : ). As always, I can be reached at Shimriw@ARINGO.com

Hope to talk soon! and GOOD LUCK!

Akash2502 wrote:
Hi!

Education:
- Chartered Accountant (CA): Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (2013-2017): All levels in the first attempt
- Financial Risk Management (Certification): Global Association of Risk Professionals (2018-2019): All levels in the first attempt

GMAT:
710 (Q48/V38)

Work Experience:
Business professional with >5 years of experience in corporate banking at one of the largest private sector bank in India;
- Currently managing a team of professionals with a portfolio of USD 500.0 million lent to corporates in India & MENA region engaged in variety of sectors, from construction and infrastructure to renewable energy.
- Worked towards towards building & managing relationships with corporates and maximizing revenue of the Bank.
- Engaged with corporates in supporting their banking & financial requirements through various products.
- Led various projects for the senior management relating to strategy, opportunity scoping and competition analysis.

Had also worked at a mid-sized chartered accountancy firm as an intern for 3 years while studying for CA.
- Experience in consulting clients on direct & indirect taxation and litigation matters

Extracurriculars:
- Completed several marathons and cyclothons. Have organised various long-distance cycling expeditions.
Motivated patients undergoing transplant as a member of an NGO focused on promoting organ donations
Selected as the class representative and member of student council in the first year of college

Post-MBA Goals:

Thanks.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Akash2502,

Thank you for sharing your profile. On the surface, your profile appears to be in good shape. To begin with, your undergrad GPA is quite good, and you have a decent GMAT score. Your certifications and clearing all CA levels in the first attempt demonstrate your academic proficiency. Improving your score by 20 points will maximize your chances. However, if you can present a compelling narrative, it will not hinder your candidacy.

On the work front, I can see a great career trajectory. You've gotten three promotions in 4.5 years; describe how you outperform your peers. Highlight the projects you've led and the approaches you've taken. I recommend that you effectively communicate your impact on the organizations in which you have been involved. Furthermore, regardless of how unique your application is, relying entirely on professional skills will dull it. To bring a person in your application, you must have a good blend of your professional and personal self. You may want to read an article on how to exhibit leadership experience in your profile, you will get good insights.

Now let's come to the interesting section of your profile. Your ECs are great! You've done marathons, Treks, and other activities that will help you bring diversity. You can talk about how each of these experiences affected your life, both personally and professionally. The committee's goal is to have as many points of view and diversity as possible in the class. As a result, you will need to broaden your profile. You must correctly exhibit all of these to create an impression on the AdComs.

Your post-MBA goals make sense and are aligned with your prior work experience. Overall, you have a good profile and a strong probability of getting into the schools you've listed. Fuqua, Ross, IESE, IE, and Haas can also be included to your list. What will be most important about your application is how you connect the experiential dots and create a compelling narrative. If you’d like, we are happy to get on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and shortlist schools for you. Feel free to schedule a call with us for in-depth profile evaluation (and some networking on the side with Alums of Top business schools)

Hear from the AdComs: Tips to break into MBB Consulting & Finance

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.

Akash2502 wrote:
Hi!

Education:

GMAT:
710 (Q48/V38)

Work Experience:

Extracurriculars:

Post-MBA Goals:

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Background: 28 years male

Education: bachelor degree in accounting and economics which I did during special army program.my average degree score was 76 at the top university of my country (can't share my nationality but not from us/uk).
Got accounting licence at my country.
Gmat:730 (Q49,Q40)

Work experience:
6 years officer in the army, at the rank of captain. Served at special economics department.
2 years of experience in FSO audit in big 4.

Extracurriculars:

-martial art instructor
-advanced powerlifter
-played guitar for 4 years.

Post-MBA Goals:
Top strategy role in top 500 companies.

Schools: lse, insead, ivy league.

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey tomerrr,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

To begin with, 730 is a good GMAT score. Considering your background, your undergrad scores should not be a hurdle in your profile. Being an Army veteran with 6 years of service as a captain dignifies your profile. Insead wants candidates in leadership positions, who have sought out more responsibility, dealt with difficult circumstances, or tried to bring about change in line with their own personal convictions. And so, considering you have played a vital role in the army (special economics department), you seem a good fit for B-school’s values.

Regarding your ECs, excellent work! Your ECs diversify your profile by including activities like weightlifting, martial arts instruction, and military service. In addition, I'd advise being specific about the difficulties encountered, the skill set acquired, the leadership positions performed, and a little bit about the overall experience; this ought to spark an interesting discussion with AdComs. If narrated aptly, they can definitely work for you, hence I suggest you go through our article on Significance of ECAs for MBA Application, you will get some beneficial insights!

Regarding your post-mba goals, you must work on connecting your experience with your post-MBA goals, as you would need to convince the AdCom; why do you think your future goals make sense? Strategy roles are very generic, hence, you would need to add more value to your goals by aligning it with how an MBA would help you achieve your goals and become more impactful in the industry, your aspirations regarding it, and the impact you dream of creating. We have recently helped one of our candidates from the military background to get into top B- schools with 130K USD Scholarship.

Overall your profile seems good, but we would like to know more to evaluate better. Hence, If you’d like, we are happy to get on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances at top B-schools. Feel free to schedule a call with us at your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.

tomerrr wrote:

Education: bachelor degree in accounting and economics which I did during special army program.my average degree score was 76 at the top university of my country (can't share my nationality but not from us/uk).

Work experience:
6 years officer in the army, at the rank of captain. Served at special economics department.

Extracurriculars:

-martial art instructor
-advanced powerlifter

Post-MBA Goals:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi i am Parth, i am completing my third year BA Hons. Philosophy from Hansraj College, Delhi University, I have 8.36/10 CGPA so far. I am applying to the LBS & LSE MIM programme but i have a low gmat score of 640, V34, Q44, IR 8, AWA 4.0. I have a score of 8.0 on ielts too. Overall i have two years of work experience in terms of working as director of operations of an NGO and also working in my family business. My profile is strong in terms of other aspects like SOP, References etc, do i have any chances with these GMAT scores though? the minimum they require is 600
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
tomerrr wrote:

Work experience:

Extracurriculars:

-martial art instructor
-advanced powerlifter

Post-MBA Goals:

Hi,

This is Ale from MB Career Consultants. I am an INSEAD Alum, and LBS admit. I currently work at Bain & Co as an Associate Partner. MBA admissions coaching is my passion - so I'm happy to give you my two cents on your profile. Do feel free to contact me for a chat (no charge) if you want more details/any admissions help.

First off - you have a great GMAT score - competitive enough to get you into T10 schools - so well done!

Secondly - army background is a great differentiator for you. Main thing will be articulating your experience well in the essays to demonstrate strong leadership, communication, discipline and career progression.

Thirdly, in my experience, I've seen people with your background do really well in consulting. Typically, firms value the structure, ability to look at critical information in a short span of time and communication style you bring to the table. I think this is a good post MBA goal for you.

Good luck with your application! Again, feel free to reach out if you want me to take a look.

Ale (MB Career Consultants)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30