Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:09 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request for classical musician [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey there,
No problem dude. Happy to help.

One more thought about your career goals - what you write makes sense, but maybe could also be a bit more critical about them. Pretend you are an employer or AdCom. Now, what you write makes sense certainly, buuuut the first (smaller) problem is that it would also make sense for a lot of other industries too - consulting, retail, oil and gas.. etc. etc. etc. The second bigger problem is that these are your PERSONAL reasons, but the AdCom will be looking out for the reasoning that will make sense for your potential EMPLOYER - meaning WHY would a RE company hire YOU say rather than someone with finance or accounting background (or better yet, RE?).

Now, I'm not saying your goals CAN'T make sense, but the AdCom will want something more concrete.

You may find (even if ultimately you want to consider other goals) that your goals will be easier to "Sell" to the AdCom if you have prior experience in it... so just offhand looking at your profile, two options immediately spring to mind 1. Consulting (which seems like it would match your ultimate desires as well as if not better than RE, plus Consulting firms do really like humanities people) 2. Media management (I'm assuming you don't want to do this, since you have been doing this till now, but it can be a good option which will be perceived as strong by the Adcom).

As for the rest: Don't apply now. You have some obstacles in your profile, and last round is a loong shot. By now, 99% of the places are filled.

As for the GRE: You not only should, but MUST retake. Your score is equivalent of a 600 GMAT which is not that high. I'd definitely make this my number one priority because if you can come away with a high score on either the GMAT or the GRE, it'll change the game significantly.

Plus it will allow you to reapply to some of the schools you have already applied to saying "Hey dudes, look what I did to my score now. AND my quant is goooooood!"
:)

Best,
Jon
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Hey there,

One more thought about your career goals - what you write makes sense, but maybe could also be a bit more critical about them. Pretend you are an employer or AdCom. Now, what you write makes sense certainly, buuuut the first (smaller) problem is that it would also make sense for a lot of other industries too - consulting, retail, oil and gas.. etc. etc. etc. The second bigger problem is that these are your PERSONAL reasons, but the AdCom will be looking out for the reasoning that will make sense for your potential EMPLOYER - meaning WHY would a RE company hire YOU say rather than someone with finance or accounting background (or better yet, RE?).

Now, I'm not saying your goals CAN'T make sense, but the AdCom will want something more concrete.

You may find (even if ultimately you want to consider other goals) that your goals will be easier to "Sell" to the AdCom if you have prior experience in it... so just offhand looking at your profile, two options immediately spring to mind 1. Consulting (which seems like it would match your ultimate desires as well as if not better than RE, plus Consulting firms do really like humanities people) 2. Media management (I'm assuming you don't want to do this, since you have been doing this till now, but it can be a good option which will be perceived as strong by the Adcom).

As for the rest: Don't apply now. You have some obstacles in your profile, and last round is a loong shot. By now, 99% of the places are filled.

As for the GRE: You not only should, but MUST retake. Your score is equivalent of a 600 GMAT which is not that high. I'd definitely make this my number one priority because if you can come away with a high score on either the GMAT or the GRE, it'll change the game significantly.

Plus it will allow you to reapply to some of the schools you have already applied to saying "Hey dudes, look what I did to my score now. AND my quant is goooooood!"

Best,
Jon

Hi Jon, thanks again for all your feedback... Much appreciated.
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
rd4740 wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Hey there,

Best,
Jon

Hi Jon, thanks again for all your feedback... Much appreciated.

No prob... Good luck!

And drop by if we can be of help,
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts