Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Consulting, Strategy
Schools:Booth
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: Recommendation Questions for Wharton [#permalink]
i have the same problem with the recommendation. i asked two of my current managers to write me the recommendations. is that a bad idea in terms of job security? in addition, i wonder if it's good to ask the managers to see the recommendations before they send it out. welcome for any comments! thanks!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Consulting, Strategy
Schools:Booth
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Theoretically you are supposed to waive your right to see the recommendation. Sometimes the recommender may allow you to see what they have written but that depends on their style.

Also, as a note to others with anxiety about approaching your superiors. Anyone who frowns upon you trying to better yourself personally and professionally should be demoted. I was slightly hesitant about asking my boss only b/c I have been w/ my current company 6 months. When I approached him, he kind of took over the convo and told me all the reasons I personally should get an MBA even though it matters little at our company and why he thinks it would make perfect sense for me. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised by his enthusiasm. Good luck on your convos. I think if you plan it out well, you will hopefully get encouragement from others as well!
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks for the kind reply. In general, I would agree with your sentiments that I shouldn't worry about approaching my boss to improve myself with an MBA. The problem is that my firm doesn't really encourage MBAs and has more PhDs/CFAs.

In fact, my current boss is sponsoring me for a CFA certification, which includes a two-year lockdown period with my employer, so I feel requesting a letter of rec for an MBA is a bit out of place. :shock:
GMAT Club Bot