Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 01:25 It is currently 07 May 2024, 01:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 305 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
Schools:St. Gallen '09
 Q47  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
First, great score. congrats!

But, I got the same exact raw score for math and verbal, yet got a 700.

Hmmmm.....

Anyone have any ideas as to how there could be two different overall scores on two different tests which have the same Q and V scores?! I took mine only 2 weeks ago....

Very puzzling...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
yes, there were quite a few oddball questions I wasn't expecting. Some of them might have been experimental, though. I got a few weird set/sequence problems. I didn't get ANY combinations/permutations. Got one weird geometry question involving a circular puddle. Overall, the quant was very similar to GMATPrep.

regarding 700vs710 despite the same "raw scores", I've heard that those raw scores are rounded.. meaning they are actually 47.4 or whatever.. so that might be the reason for the discrepancy.

I've got a question for you guys, is there anywhere you can buy more GMATPrep / PowerPrep tests?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
 Q35  V28
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ital, I'm glad you mentioned the statement about endurance. I also did the PR Cracking book and the classroom course. During my practice I would frequently take breaks while taking practice exams. Although I scored well on my practice tests, I did poorly on the real thing because I wasn't used to doing the essay and all of the questions all at one time. I'm planning on retaking the test in mid-february, I plan work on my endurance and timing to help resolve my poor performance.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats!

I wouldn't usually suggest retaking with a 710, but it sounds like you can easily up your score just by taking the test healthy. Good luck!

I agree that the GMAT is all about mental stamina.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Management, Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Re: Relieved - 710 (47M 40V) [#permalink]
italstal81 wrote:
GMATPrep 1 - 740 (47M, 46V)
GMATPrep 2 - 730 (47M, 44V)

Were these first-try scores? These are usually pretty indicative of your final score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i took the test while sick, so i couldn't concentrate through the entire verbal section.. hence the 40V. i realized that critical reasoning and reading comprehension require the most concentration out of all the GMAT question types... try taking a practice test drunk and you'll see what i mean. you won't have that much of a problem with math or sentence correction, but you will have a ton of trouble understanding the reading comprehension and critical reasoning questions and answer choices.

sonibubu wrote:
italstal81 wrote:
GMATPrep 1 - 740 (47M, 46V)
GMATPrep 2 - 730 (47M, 44V)

Were these first-try scores? These are usually pretty indicative of your final score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
italstal81 wrote:
yes, there were quite a few oddball questions I wasn't expecting. Some of them might have been experimental, though. I got a few weird set/sequence problems. I didn't get ANY combinations/permutations. Got one weird geometry question involving a circular puddle. Overall, the quant was very similar to GMATPrep.

regarding 700vs710 despite the same "raw scores", I've heard that those raw scores are rounded.. meaning they are actually 47.4 or whatever.. so that might be the reason for the discrepancy.

I've got a question for you guys, is there anywhere you can buy more GMATPrep / PowerPrep tests?

Great scores ins spite of being sick. Congrats.

There are some postings on the forum where people have actually tricked the GMAT prep to get two more exams. Unfortunately, I have been to understand that all the exams use the same question bank so you'll see some repeats.

Other than the paper tests I do not think GMAT has released a different version of the test.

Good Luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Congrats.. what schools are your target? :)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37403 posts