Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7305 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: UCSD ($) , UCLA, USC ($), Stanford
Send PM
Re: retaking gmat [#permalink]
I read UCLA will frown upon a score reports that indicates more than 2 takes.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1737 [0]
Send PM
No, not at all. According to MGMAT you have 4 trys b/f red flags start to pop up.

If ur scores are sporadic, then that might be a serious problem. I.e first time 650. Second time 520. Third time 590.

That would raise some red flags.

But if its more like 620, 650, 690. Then I dont see that as a problem at all. Shows ur improving and determined.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
As mentioned before, it depends on the school.

Anderson: the only school that I have heard of that will average your scores if you take it more than twice; they take a tough stance.

Kellogg, Wharton, Harvard, Stanford, Darden, Haas, Chicago, Ross, Yale: to the best of my knowledge, these schools will either ask how many times you have taken the test, your two highest scores, all of your scores, or some combination of these criteria. All of them, however, claim that they look at your highest score. Chicago specifically frowns on taking the test more than 3 times, but they will still take your highest score.

Columbia, NYU, Duke: they just want the highest score, plain and simple

Tuck: allows you to put the highest breakdowns of your score, but I think, in the end, they use your highest score for class avg. purposes.

(Not sure about MIT, those who have applied can better comment on MIT, as well as other schools)

Just because a school asks whether you have taken the test more than twice does not mean you will get dinged if you have; most likely, they will get to see all of the scores in the end, whether they ask for them in the app or not. If you are a well-rounded app, then apply to the school that fits you the best.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts