GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 17:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Advice For Applicants Considering Round 2

November 16, 2018

November 16, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Many of you may be wondering whether you should pull the trigger and apply to business school during round 2 this winter.
  • Save up to $500 on MBA Admissions Consulting!

November 21, 2018

November 21, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Apply with confidence using an Accepted admissions expert, save money and get accepted!

RSM VS Cass (Msc Finance)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
RSM VS Cass (Msc Finance)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2015, 01:18
Hi everyone!
I was accepted at both RSM (Msc Finance and Investments) and at Cass (Msc Corporate Finance). I was quite sure to go for Cass, but after some reading I have seen that many people don't regard Cass as a good bs. I have red that many consider it not worth the money and that there aren't many chances of obtaning a good job in the uk nor anywhere else ("no-one knows it outside the Uk"). On the other hand many praise RSM, even if not ranked very well on ft (cass has aleays been better ranked on ft), saying that there are many chances of landing a good job in Europe and in the uk, also in ib (my absolute preference).
My final question is which one should I choose?

Ps: i know that cass costs 20x more and that London is way better than Rotterdam. I just want to know from an academic/reputational /career point of view.

Thank you very much
Intern
Intern
Schools: Erasmus '17
GMAT Date: 04-19-2015
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: RSM VS Cass (Msc Finance)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2015, 03:47
Hey fede1346,

nice that you were accepted for the two programmes. I cannot really give you an advice which university to chose, but I also thought about applying for the RSM Finance Master because of its good price/performance ratio. But I have to take my GMAT first (will be in 2 weeks - hope I will get an acceptable score on that :S). Anyway, I am not sure whether it will be enough to be accepted. Would you tell me with which grades and scores and whatever is important you were accepted? :) I would appreciate that.

Greetings
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 06:19
Hey nilsh! I am currently prepping for the GMAT just like you did last year:) I am applying to RSM as well this year. May I ask you whether you got accepted by RSM and if you did what was your GMAT score? Thank you!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 03:51
Hey Fellas, I am currently doing my RSM Fnance & Investments Advanced and to be honest be careful with this program, especially if you are not on a scholarship. The regular FI in terms of lecturing is worse, but much better on workload. Networking - who knows - it might be tbh the same, depending on you. (regular program you have 300 stdnts, FIA - 45).

The FIA program is 16 months (2 semesters lecturing and one for thesis and internship). The program separates into 2 tracks for the spring semester - Corp Finance and Asset Management. The latter is way more practical and interesting and they are allowing current students to mix both.

The reason why I am giving this warning is that:

1) Workload

Quiet heavy, especially in the autumn semester - you get to learn sth like 6-7 subjects (Ethics included), instead of learning several properly.

Moreover most of the grading is based on group work, and there everyone just does what he cans and no attention is really put on you really learning something.

2) Generally much more IB oriented

a. Autumn Semester is extremely IB M&A oriented - Corp. Finance, Valuation and Financial Analysis are main subjects
b. 60% of the class is IB M&A oriented as well as the Career Development

3) Lecturers

Although RSM claims that you'd have exposure to experienced professionals only two of the guys in the Autumn semester are really experienced - although due to the extreme hurry in the program you barely learn anything in depth from them.

Asset Management (3 subjects all in all) is still cool (from what I've seen and heard), although they are considering getting rid of a really cool guy...probable replacement person can't compare really.

4) Career Development

Aaah it is hard to be positive on this one - partners like Deloitte and BAML dropped after the first year...other partners are actually not really hiring from the program...the person responsible for the Career Development has never worked for an IB or Ass. Mgmt company...but the best part is that they make you do assignments that would be best put as prep for the autumn semester not during...creating stressful time issues.

Realization also varies - Dutch and German nationals kind of easily land a job, previous IB experience is very recommendable...you should already be prepared for the interviews, CV and Cover Letter end of September or earlier (in case you aim for London) and self prep and networking are key.

Should you have any questions or concerns about this opinion just shoot me a line and I'd be happy to help :)

Last but not least my profile was - international experience in finance and consulting, 710 GMAT, 3.9 GPA

If I were to rank the unis now - and remember - it is all about exposure, networking and self prep - if your MSc aim is to get a job:

1) LSE or top London, Oxbridge, maybe Warwick

2) Bocconi & HEC

3) HSG and SSE

NB! Do your own extensive research on Linkedin and the web, connect with people, ask questions and read a lot about your interests :)

Thanks for reading, hope it was helpful :) Peace
GMAT Club Bot
Re: RSM VS Cass (Msc Finance) &nbs [#permalink] 06 Dec 2017, 03:51

RSM VS Cass (Msc Finance)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap