It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 18:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Sarah Palin

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 372

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 1

Sarah Palin [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2008, 11:44
Sarah Palin—whom Schmidt helped persuade McCain to pick as his running mate—is playing her Schmidt-sanctioned pit-bull role with great success.

Sarah Palin—whom Schmidt helped persuade McCain to pick as his running mate—is playing her Schmidt-sanctioned pit-bull role with great success.
Sarah Palin—who Schmidt helped to persuade McCain to pick as his running mate is playing her Schmidt-sanctioned pit-bull role with great success.
Sarah Palin—who Schmidt help persuade McCain to pick as his running mate are playing her Schmidt-sanctioned pit-bull role with great success.
Sarah Palin—whom Schmidt help persuade McCain to pick as his running mate are playing her Schmidt-sanctioned pit-bull role with great success.
Sarah Palin—who Schmidt helped persuade McCain to pick as his running mate—play her Schmidt-sanctioned pit-bull role with great success.
_________________

The one who flies is worthy. The one who is worthy flies. The one who doesn't fly isn't worthy


Last edited by spiridon on 14 Oct 2008, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 1

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 801

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 0

Re: Sarah Palin [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2008, 11:54
I think B,

did you make this up? lol

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 372

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 1

Re: Sarah Palin [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2008, 11:56
bigtreezl wrote:
I think B,

did you make this up? lol


yes i did :) i was reading a news article and took me forever to realize what the author is trying to say so thought it would make a great gmat question
_________________

The one who flies is worthy. The one who is worthy flies. The one who doesn't fly isn't worthy

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 372

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 1

Re: Sarah Palin [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2008, 12:24
ok its not B :)
_________________

The one who flies is worthy. The one who is worthy flies. The one who doesn't fly isn't worthy

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 286

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 0

Re: Sarah Palin [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2008, 12:44
It is A.
the correct pronoun is 'whom' why ? okay lets put it this way Schmidt helped her (her = objective case) got it?
So whom it is and this put B,C and E out.
Between A and D correct verb tense is 'helped'
So A it is.

Last edited by rishi2377 on 14 Oct 2008, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 801

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 0

Re: Sarah Palin [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2008, 12:56
rishi2377 wrote:
It is A.
the correct pronoun is 'whom' why ? okay lets put it this way Schmidt helped her her = objective case) got it?
So whom it is and this put B,C and E out.
Between A and D correct verb tense is 'helped'
So A it is.


I thought you use who when you are talking about the subject, which is sarah palin in this case and whom when you are talking about the object.

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 286

Kudos [?]: 61 [1], given: 0

Re: Sarah Palin [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2008, 13:28
1
This post received
KUDOS
bigtreezl wrote:
rishi2377 wrote:
It is A.
the correct pronoun is 'whom' why ? okay lets put it this way Schmidt helped her her = objective case) got it?
So whom it is and this put B,C and E out.
Between A and D correct verb tense is 'helped'
So A it is.


I thought you use who when you are talking about the subject, which is sarah palin in this case and whom when you are talking about the object.


bigtreez, as far as my knowledge goes the to choose correctly among the forms of who, re-phrase the sentence so you choose between he and him. If you want him, write 'whom'; if you want he, write 'who'.

Who/Whom wrote the letter?
He wrote the letter. Therefore, who is correct.

Whom shall we ask to the party? (Shall we ask him to the party?)

now lets see the given sentence.
Sarah Palin- Schmidt helped her pursuade...
Sarah Palin- whom Schmidt helped
I dont think this sentence can use subjectinve pronoun 'she' in anyway.

Makes sense?
but bigtreez, to be honest as i am reading it again n agian I me too is getting confuse ...damn you lol

Kudos [?]: 61 [1], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 372

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 1

Re: Sarah Palin [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2008, 13:38
I should join the gmac in creating sc problems :)
_________________

The one who flies is worthy. The one who is worthy flies. The one who doesn't fly isn't worthy

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 348

Kudos [?]: 96 [0], given: 0

Re: Sarah Palin [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2008, 13:43
spiridon wrote:
Sarah Palin—whom Schmidt helped persuade McCain to pick as his running mate—is playing her Schmidt-sanctioned pit-bull role with great success.

Sarah Palin—whom Schmidt helped persuade McCain to pick as his running mate—is playing her Schmidt-sanctioned pit-bull role with great success.
Sarah Palin—who Schmidt helped to persuade McCain to pick as his running mate is playing her Schmidt-sanctioned pit-bull role with great success.
Sarah Palin—who Schmidt help persuade McCain to pick as his running mate are playing her Schmidt-sanctioned pit-bull role with great success.
Sarah Palin—whom Schmidt help persuade McCain to pick as his running mate are playing her Schmidt-sanctioned pit-bull role with great success.
Sarah Palin—who Schmidt helped persuade McCain to pick as his running mate—play her Schmidt-sanctioned pit-bull role with great success.


Agree with rishi. We need whom here. Will go with (A).
BTW, nice one about Sara. The sad part is, she will never read this (Oops......I forgot she reads everything) :)
_________________

To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says:
"Leave no stone unturned."
-Edward Bulwer Lytton

Kudos [?]: 96 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 801

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 0

Re: Sarah Palin [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2008, 14:14
rishi2377 wrote:
bigtreezl wrote:
rishi2377 wrote:
It is A.
the correct pronoun is 'whom' why ? okay lets put it this way Schmidt helped her her = objective case) got it?
So whom it is and this put B,C and E out.
Between A and D correct verb tense is 'helped'
So A it is.


I thought you use who when you are talking about the subject, which is sarah palin in this case and whom when you are talking about the object.


bigtreez, as far as my knowledge goes the to choose correctly among the forms of who, re-phrase the sentence so you choose between he and him. If you want him, write 'whom'; if you want he, write 'who'.

Who/Whom wrote the letter?
He wrote the letter. Therefore, who is correct.

Whom shall we ask to the party? (Shall we ask him to the party?)

now lets see the given sentence.
Sarah Palin- Schmidt helped her pursuade...
Sarah Palin- whom Schmidt helped
I dont think this sentence can use subjectinve pronoun 'she' in anyway.

Makes sense?
but bigtreez, to be honest as i am reading it again n agian I me too is getting confuse ...damn you lol



yeah you are right...I got them mixed up

+1

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 0

Re: Sarah Palin   [#permalink] 14 Oct 2008, 14:14
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Sarah Palin

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.