Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [1]
Given Kudos: 126
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GPA: 2.7
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GPA: 3.95
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Scored 390 on GMAT 31 Q 15 Not sure where to go [#permalink]
CaptainWeiner wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I took the GMAT today June 21st, 2014 and scored a 390 (31 Q and 15 V). To be honest, I think that have I gone through the three emotions of a **** GMAT score: sadness, anger, and acceptance. When I took the GMAT Prep test 2 weeks ago, I scored 500. Prior to the GMAT prep test, I scored 550 on the Manhattan GMAT practice test. I have been studying for roughly 8 months. I have employed a tutor once a week (760 scorer) and he said that my deficiencies were not knowing algebra, calculation errors, and the inability to the process the information. I have done practice from the foundations of Math book offered by Manhattan GMAT. I have been practicing, but I feel like I am hitting a wall. I have taken the Manhattan GMAT course twice. I ordered the PowerScore Critical Reasoning Bible and got half of the way through it. The same applies with the Sentence Correction booklet. At this point I feel frustration is kicking in, I am not really sure what to do from here. I do feel like giving up, but I have invested a lot of time and money into studying for the GMAT. For the quantitative part, I guess translating the data sufficiency questions, especially percents and percentages into algebra equations gave me a hard time. I have done OG problems, but is there a particular strategy for doing the OG problems. I feel like trying to figure out a problem for 30 minutes can be a waste of time.

During the test experience, I felt like I was burned out halfway through the Verbal and that I was running out of time. The last 4 or 5 questions were Critical Reasoning and I didn't have time to diagram the argument. It could be that reading the arguments on a computer screen and trying to rephrase them into my own words is a problem. I can pick out a conclusion and a premise 99% of the time. I just have a hard time seeing the relationship between the premise and the conclusion. When I look at the critical reasoning problems in the OG, I seem to do better. Any advice that anyone could offer would be great. I am going to take a couple of days off and reset my brain. I realize that during my practice-- I would often watch a movie to turn off my brain. I think that eliminating movies from my life would be a smart decision. I just don't like dreaming about Math equations when I sleep. In addition, the Washington DC gives you the big headphones to put over your ears. If you want to run a lawn mower, these are the type of things that you would buy to block out the sound. For whatever reason, I felt like this may have created some pressure in my head ,which also bothered me. Has anyone had same experience with headphones-- the ones that cover your entire ears vs. earplugs?

Thanks again.

Oh About me: 30 yr old (Indian-American male) Graduated with liberal arts from a SUNY. Looking to get a Master's in Accounting.

hay,
Gmat is all about time management and practice donot give up,i have started form 450 and now reach to 620 and planing to retake again

for you just give as much time as possible to manahatten gmat books and the basics which i have posted follow my time management excel while practice it will help a lot and for you i suggest take any good online prep do take physical class if possible take do as much as possible on you desktop,i have taken mastergmat prep but it has very few CAT prep for practice but develops very good concepts, which you require and then starts again but never give up give kudos if you like
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Scored 390 on GMAT 31 Q 15 Not sure where to go [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts