Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 333 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 532 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I took mine at 10:30 am and I woke up at 7:30. I ate my breakfast at a restaurant around 8. Started driving to the test center at 9am and took 40 minutes. I was an hour early yet the staff allowed me to take the test early.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
How did you guys manage your breaks? If you're not allowed to carry a timer/watch into the test, how do you time your breaks? Do you have to run to your locker?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
suggestions [#permalink]
Without a watch it is difficult to gauge when your ten minute break is going to end. I just went back after I thought about 5 minutes had passed so as not to take any chances.

I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about getting a routine together because you'll stress yourself out too much.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Kidderek,

that bit about coffee? well it really depends on your own tolerance and how often you drink caffeinated drinks.

On test day, there was a coffee bean at the lobby. I was planning to hit myself with a doublshot espresso (i was really tired), but I decided to go with a Tea Latte instead. And i think it was a good choice in retrospect.

Its tea based, so it was calming, and was milky so it made me feel warm and fuzzy ... hah!

Having a routine does help a little with your mental alertness. If you regularly fire up your neurones at a particular time of day, come test day, your mind could be well conditioned enough. That is why I chose an afternoon spot. I usually did a sample cat test after lunch during my prep phase for about a week ...

Good luck dude,

let us know how it went!

Dennis
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I got up relaxed - did not do any "last minute prep", just had a peaceful morning breakfast, and left home so as to reach the center an hour early. Pretty much no change from my any other day.

I did not utilize the full time for my breaks. I just got out, took some deep breaths, did some stretching exercises, visited the loo, had a swig of water, and just went back in. Be careful not to exceed the break period.

my key was to be calm and treat it like any other day, but retain total focus and control on the exam. As far as things like coffee etc is concerned, you know best what works for you and what doesn't.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Re: Test Day [#permalink]
Agree with Necromonger.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Make this day as least different / extraordinary / surprising to your body as possible; that is: in these several weeks, make a habit of getting to bed and out of fed at the same time e.g. 00.00 to 8.30 or 22.30 to 7.00 if you are working, etc. This will help you fall asleep (especially if you are constantly worrying by nature as I am). OK, on test day, you may want to set the alarm clock for 2 hours later, but your body clock will wake you up earlier anyways.

Drink the coffee as early in the day as possible (to mitigate the diuretic effect) and stronger than usual (less water, more coffee) as we do in Europe =) (I actually prefer it the American way, but on test days - it's a different world)

If you really want to overclock yourself - also have a cup of green tea (leaves, not bags). Coffee + tea are extremely powerful together as tea contains substances which increase and prolong the effect of caffeine (never have this combination after noon :wink: )

To jump-start your mind try to go over as much of your error logs as possible + (only) several questions of each type if you have the time.

Light breakfast and lunch - in my case - boiled eggs, cucumber, green pepper, cheese, bread.

Arrive early, breathe and eat a chocolate 15 minutes before you enter the testing room =)

Good luck, mate!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts