Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 21:15 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2854 [1]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1444 [1]
Given Kudos: 994
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 02-18-2019
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Best way to track my quant progress? [#permalink]
mangamma wrote:
mur282 wrote:
Hi all,

I am almost done with Manhattan Quant guides and I want to see if my practice has been effective or not. In order to check that, I am thinking of giving a quant mock test. I found the math revolution free mock. Will it suit the purpose or I should try giving any other mock?

I do not want to waste the official mocks for now.

Thanks

There are number of free mock test you can try
manhataan, veritas, hult,kaplan, magoosh

I just wanted to do the quant part. Wont the rest of the test be a waste then?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rohan2345 wrote:
mur282 wrote:
Hi all,

I am almost done with Manhattan Quant guides and I want to see if my practice has been effective or not. In order to check that, I am thinking of giving a quant mock test. I found the math revolution free mock. Will it suit the purpose or I should try giving any other mock?

Thanks

Hi mur282,

If you are particularly looking to track your progress or discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practice tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

Lastly I would also encourage you to purchase the Official GMAT questions from mba.com for some great additional practice.

Hope this helps. All the best!

Thanks for the information. Still, will math revolution fulfill my purpose? Because I dont want to waste a complete practice test just to do quant so want to leave them for later. Whats your opinion on that?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2854 [1]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
mur282 wrote:
rohan2345 wrote:
mur282 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

Hi mur282,

If you are particularly looking to track your progress or discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practice tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

Lastly I would also encourage you to purchase the Official GMAT questions from mba.com for some great additional practice.

Thanks for the information. Still, will math revolution fulfill my purpose? Because I dont want to waste a complete practice test just to do quant so want to leave them for later. Whats your opinion on that?

You can take GMATCLUB Quant CATS separately and will not waste a complete CAT. It has one of the best post test analysis as well so you can easily track your progress and identify and strengthen your weakest topics.

With regard to Math revolution, you can certainly practice some questions to track your progress. For that matter also try out a free CAT from TTP. In my experience it gives a very accurate picture of your weakest areas so I believe that may help as well.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi mur282,

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. The most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC (the 2 free CATs, and each of the 2 that come with Exam Pack 1 and Exam Pack 2), but retaking a CAT that you've already taken is NOT a realistic way to assess your skills - since you will likely see some 'repeat' questions that you have already faced. Unfortunately, seeing even a couple of repeats can 'throw off' the Scoring Algorithm and impact your pacing, energy levels, fatigue, etc. (meaning that they would likely all appear to be better than they actually are). Thankfully, the CATs from Kaplan, MGMAT and Veritas are all 'close enough' to the real thing that they will provide you with a relatively realistic score assessment (assuming that you correctly take the CAT in a realistic fashion), so you should use a CAT from any of those sources next.

In addition, considering your Score Goal and PhD application plans, you should NOT be wasting time (or CATs) by just taking one section of the Exam. The only practical way to properly assess your Test-taking skills is to take a FULL CAT in a realistic fashion (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.). We need to see how your overall abilities have progressed (relative to your prior CAT Score from a couple of weeks ago).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22071 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi mur282,

To get a true picture of your current abilities, I think that you should take a full-length MBA.com practice exam. I realize that you care more about tracking quant; however, on the real exam, you won't be able to take just quant, so you need to take this practice test under realistic testing conditions. Once you take the practice exam, feel free to report back here with your score breakdown, and I can provide some further advice.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92959 posts