Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 105 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: IT
Schools:Duke,Oxford,IMD,INSEAD
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 105 [0]
Send PM
Re: TOTALLY CONFUSED ........................plz help [#permalink]
coolsammy35 wrote:
Yes I have checked all the websites of colleges offering MHA they do accept GRE but my questions are:-

1) Is GRE at par with GMAT..?

2) Is a student who had taken GMAT given more weightage then a student with GRE.??

Absolutely not - They are treated equal
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So if I start preparing for GRE what about 1 month that I had spent collecting information about GMAT .........

Then please help me in finding information about GRE .....???
Intern
Intern
Send PM
superman wrote:
coolsammy35 wrote:

3) Which is easier GRE or GMAT( I heard its GRE) ?
GRE

4)Is it worth taking a GRE considering the fact that I want to do MHA and not any other graduate course ?
Yes take GRE, unless you have a specific school in mind who accept only GMAT and not GRE.

Hey super man this is what you said to me in the above quote but now read this what you had written previously bweek-article-on-gmat-vs-gre-81320.html
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
coolsammy35 wrote:
So if I start preparing for GRE what about 1 month that I had spent collecting information about GMAT .........

Then please help me in finding information about GRE .....???

sorry to hear about the one month that you spent, if you think GMAT is easier then go ahead with GMAT(only if all the schools you want to apply are ok with GMAT)

GRE books I can think of is - Barrons/Kaplan/Princeton
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
coolsammy35 wrote:
superman wrote:
coolsammy35 wrote:

3) Which is easier GRE or GMAT( I heard its GRE) ?
GRE

4)Is it worth taking a GRE considering the fact that I want to do MHA and not any other graduate course ?
Yes take GRE, unless you have a specific school in mind who accept only GMAT and not GRE.

Hey super man this is what you said to me in the above quote but now read this what you had written previously bweek-article-on-gmat-vs-gre-81320.html

Yes true, that is specific to me ... as I dont like remembering words and my vocabulary list is poor, but the general public feel GRE is easier
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
and you are a dentist right ? I am assuming from India ... so I definitely say GRE would be easier due to less complexity of math and easier verbal (i hate the synonyms part of the verbal in GRE) .. I prepared for GRE 6 years back and somehow those 3000 words of Barrons never went into my head whereas my friends could do it in a period of 30 days ...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dnt you think

You'll have an easier time getting into B-school with a GMAT score. MBA admissions depts might not trust the GRE's applicability to B-school, and they think the GRE is an easier test. So they don't weigh your GRE score nearly as highly if you do well.

And,they might think less of you if you submit a GRE score when you can just as easily submit a GMAT score. Because they might presume that you're either:

i) dodging the system/afraid of the GMAT (and, as a rule, top B-school students aren't afraid of ANYTHING).

ii) not that serious about B-school (more focused on getting a different degree -- hence the GRE).

and read this...............for data sufficiency.....

The GMAT has been designed and perfected for business school students. GMAT questions mirror the tasks you will perform every day in business school. Reading Comprehension—because you’ll be reading 50 -100 pages in case studies every day. And Data Sufficiency—because you’ll be skimming each case’s exhibits and financials to determine which numbers are key to cracking the case and which are irrelevant. What about Critical Reasoning? Well, every day in class you will comment on other students’ arguments. And they will comment on yours, sometimes in pretty snarky ways.

In contrast, the GRE General Test is, well, general. It is designed to provide a sense of the fitness of a student for graduate-level work, whether one is interested in pursuing a PhD in English or a Masters in Psych. But the aptitudes needed to succeed in one discipline are very different from those of other disciplines, and no single test can measure them all well. Success in business, and success in business school, requires very specific skills that the GRE measures poorly, and the GMAT measures very well.

Bottom line: if you can take the GMAT, you should. The GMAT tests skills specific to business school. While admissions officers at schools accepting the GRE will accept a GRE score in lieu of a GMAT score, they doesn’t mean that they’ll will trust GRE scores. And if you give them a GRE score when it’s clear you could just as easily have taken the GMAT, it could hurt your application.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Ok, I am confused I though you were interested in MHA and not MBA. If it is an MBA then no doubt that you should take GMAT
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry ..

By MBA i mean MBA in health care management which after gathering information is more flexible then MHA ..as people say,but i dnt know..... i am confused which exam to take and course to choose
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
coolsammy35 wrote:
Sorry ..

By MBA i mean MBA in health care management which after gathering information is more flexible then MHA ..as people say,but i dnt know..... i am confused which exam to take and course to choose

If its MBA no doubts about it that it has to be GMAT, they are very few schools which consider GRE.

MBA vs MHA is a total different ball game ... which I guess you should do some indepth research and decide
Intern
Intern
Send PM
As of now I have decided to go ahead with GRE and MHA but I am afraid that i will be miss all the deadlines because its feb-march 2010 and then for 2011 the start in oct-jan

NOW THAT ONE PROBLEM IS SOLVED ANOTHER IS THERE AND THIS WILL COST ME MY ONE YEAR

I am afraid that even if i give my GRE in dec I might get low score..........and that will itself be a disaster.........

WHAT I SHOULD DO......??????
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
coolsammy35 wrote:
As of now I have decided to go ahead with GRE and MHA but I am afraid that i will be miss all the deadlines because its feb-march 2010 and then for 2011 the start in oct-jan

NOW THAT ONE PROBLEM IS SOLVED ANOTHER IS THERE AND THIS WILL COST ME MY ONE YEAR

I am afraid that even if i give my GRE in dec I might get low score..........and that will itself be a disaster.........

WHAT I SHOULD DO......??????

I sincerely feel if you get ur act together and slog it out you can really score well in GRE ... since your from medicine background you might want to join some GRE classes to improve your math skills ...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i am supposed to appear for toefl so which exam i should take first and how much gre English related to toefl.......

and if i am preparing for gmat maths will it help me in gre......
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
coolsammy35 wrote:
i am supposed to appear for toefl so which exam i should take first and how much gre English related to toefl.......

and if i am preparing for gmat maths will it help me in gre......

I would say take GRE first and Toefl within 2 weeks, Toefl english is much much lower than GRE english, only basic english.The only thing you need to practise is the listening and speaking part of it which I suppose will not be that tough for Toefl if you are pretty good in you day2day english speaking skills.

GMAt maths will definitely help your GRE maths ...
GMAT Club Bot