GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 06:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Updated GMAT Scoring Grid

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Updated GMAT Scoring Grid  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2018, 15:32
Does anyone know where I can find a more up-to-date version of the GMAT scoring grid? The one I'm looking at is from about 1 year ago, but I have to imagine a more recent one exists somewhere. Here is the link: https://www.prepscholar.com/gmat/blog/g ... ring-grid/

In doing some quick comparisons against scores that people on this forum report and what the grid would imply, there seems to be some disconnect, which I can only attribute to the data being stale.

Thanks for your help and please let me know if I'm thinking about this wrong.
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Updated GMAT Scoring Grid  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2018, 21:08
PrivateEquiteer wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a more up-to-date version of the GMAT scoring grid? The one I'm looking at is from about 1 year ago, but I have to imagine a more recent one exists somewhere. Here is the link: https://www.prepscholar.com/gmat/blog/g ... ring-grid/

In doing some quick comparisons against scores that people on this forum report and what the grid would imply, there seems to be some disconnect, which I can only attribute to the data being stale.

Thanks for your help and please let me know if I'm thinking about this wrong.
No, the data are not too old to use. The errors, if any, lie in the grid itself or are due to the normal variation of scaled scores on the GMAT.

1. The GMAT generates a score at the end of both the quantitative and verbal sections. These scores are on a continuous scale.
2. These scores are mapped onto an internal scale. Let's call these scores "internal scores".
3. These internal scores are combined to arrive at a total (internal) score.
4. All these scores are then converted to the scaled scores that are exposed to the test taker (6 to 51 for quant and verbal, and 200-800 for the total).

The internal scales are slightly more accurate than the ones exposed to you. For example, let's say two people got a Q49 each. Now, a Q49 could indicate a performance level anywhere between 74% and 85% (Q50 is 85%), so it's entirely possible that one of them got a "low" Q49 and the other got a "high" Q49. This is the reason that you don't always see the same total for the same score combinations.

You can take a look at this article to see how this could impact you. Use the scoring grid you have (there is one on GMAT Club as well) as indicative, but not as the final word.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Updated GMAT Scoring Grid &nbs [#permalink] 06 Sep 2018, 21:08

Updated GMAT Scoring Grid

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR SEPTEMBER
e-GMAT: Free 30 day Access! 25+ Video Lessons | 400+ Practice Questions | 7 Free Webinars
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap