GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 08:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

What are the best strategies for researcher writing research paper?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
What are the best strategies for researcher writing research paper?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2017, 06:42
About reference. When I was doing my masters, the school established the guidelines I should follow. So, I had no freedom to do as I wanted, I was told how I should do it. My school doesn't allow IEEE, for example. I know different schools have different guidelines. I don't know if your school is also like that.

About writing your paper. Probably being a researcher in a digital agency is very different from the research you're expected to do in a masters. But even so you wrote that your research skills are very strong. I don't know what exactly you mean by that. If your skills are that strong, you shouldn't even be doing a masters.

Like, are you very good at finding who are the main researchers in a chosen subject? Are you fluent in different methods of research? When I started my masters, I had no idea where to find the references that mattered the most to my paper, and I had no idea about what to do with my data after I collected them (I had to change the software I was using to SPSS and my method from panel data analysis to discriminant analysis, for example). If you have skills like that, I don't see how I could help you. If you don't have, I don't think you have strong skills.

To me, it seems that you don't even know the general research questions you want to deal with. Without that, it's very hard to provide specific guidance. But i'm from a different concentration anyway, so probably I'd not be the best person to advise you.

Check the links below and see if they help you. They are related to papers for Marketing and quantitative researchers, but I think it's better than many stuff you usually find in the internet and most of it should apply for your concentration too.

http://classes.uleth.ca/200403/mgt5003a/Summers.pdf
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ic_article

http://myphdtales.blogspot.com.br/

Intern
Intern
Re: What are the best strategies for researcher writing research paper?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2017, 12:38
About reference yes many schools have many styles and it's truly a headache. A citation is also a needed thing in research papers, academic writing and also in routine writing and we must know about proper citation. But it's not a difficult thing because there is a different ama oxford reference generator who give us all citation styles in seconds. But some generators can't work properly so also double check your references format.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: What are the best strategies for researcher writing research paper?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 23:19
Write up a schedule with a series of milestones to accomplish by a specific date
Get a good overview of the subject you are writing about
get to know the research material you can access from home
Google the major researchers whose work you’ve found and see if you can find their homepages
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2018, 08:37
Much appreciated such a great amount for perusing our blog.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 02:58
In my opinion, the researcher should first check if there is enough material available for writing a proper literature review as well as there is still a dimension left in which no research has been done yet.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: What are the best strategies for researcher writing research paper? &nbs [#permalink] 25 Sep 2018, 02:58

What are the best strategies for researcher writing research paper?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap