Last visit was: 28 May 2024, 15:39 It is currently 28 May 2024, 15:39
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GPA: 4
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1321 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: What are you doing to ensure maximum [#permalink]
How would you practice time management during the verbal section without taking always a full mock test?
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5161 [1]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Phhaes.

One move that can help a lot is simply doing some warmup questions before the test to get into game mode before you see the first test question.

To concentrate and maintain intensity, you can remind yourself to focus on the question in front of you and let the score take care of itself.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5161 [1]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Phhaes wrote:
How would you practice time management during the verbal section without taking always a full mock test?

For some tips on how to complete the Verbal section on time, see this post.

How to Get Faster at GMAT Verbal
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73401 [1]
Given Kudos: 19022
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi. Good question!

I think today this will depend on where you will be taking the test. If you take it in the test center, you can have earplugs but you cannot have them or headphones when you take it at home.

The frankly, I have no idea about headphones or earplugs when I was taking my GMAT. It might’ve been one of the first few times I ever use the air plugs but they work great to block out the noise of people around me. Frankly, I was so freaked out and so focused on the test that I didn’t really need to do anything more for the focus .

My suggestion for you would be to take the entire test one question at a time without worrying about the last question you answered or about the next question you will answer. Don’t worry about which business school you will go to or how your test is going. Walk out any thoughts about failure or success And don’t let them influence how are you handle the questions. Many times people are mistaken and confused about how well they are doing. I thought I was failing because I kept being unsure about my answers. That apparently was a sign of heart questions which means I was doing quite well But every question I was answering, I felt I was guessing it. It’s important to block out any worry or any concern you may have if you have any questions or if you have hard questions. You want to do everything you can to answer the question in front of you in two minutes with perfect accuracy .

Phhaes wrote:
I would love to hear about specific practices you followed to ensure optimal concentration and focus during the GMAT.

What did you do before the test day and immediately before to ensure a maximum level of concentration?

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1321 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Kudos
Phhaes wrote:

Consider creating timed practice sets using the online Wiley version of the Official-Guide. The platform allows you to create sets according to different specifications. You could do a randomized mixture of 10 SC and 10 CR, for example.

Another option is to start a mock with the Verbal section (and skip through the sections you don't want to do). This option may be a bit extreme but in certain cases it could be something to think about.

How to get better on the GMAT. Think of time management as time currency.

-

GMAT Club Bot