It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 14:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What would you do?

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2015
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

What would you do? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2015, 23:58
Hi everyone,

Let me introduce my story.

Last June I applied to MSc program. As I wait too long to do my application, there were no spaces in the program so I got rejected. The person who did mi interview (responsible of the admissions office) told me that the rejection was due to the spaces in the program and not because of my profile (that as she told me "they liked so much" (Good GPA , 5 languages, international experience, 1 year work experience, University and High School prices, etc).

After that I decided to apply for 2016 intake, and here I am. My GMAT score was 570. I was aiming for a 600 but I could not achieve it. I'm currently studying GMAT again to do the test in late November, but the last week I call to the BS to "reactivate" my application and I ask if it was better to go with my actual GMAT score and apply to the first round or wait to improve my score and apply for the second round. The same person who did my interview for the 2015 intake told me that "with my profile and my actual GMAT score, she was 90% sure that the result will be positive". So I decided to apply for first round.

I know this looks like good news but that call affected my study plan because now I don't have the same pressure and I do not study as strictly as I studied before, it's like my whole plan changed with one call. I'm afraid that in November (when the feedback from the school is given) I receive another rejection because of my GMAT score and haven’t study properly for the GMAT.

So what would be your reaction guy? What would you do? Would you trust the admissions committee? Would you try to study GMAT strictly once again, returning to the study plan?
Does anybody have a similar experience?
I need some support or advice.


Thanks for reading!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
User avatar
B
Joined: 06 Nov 2014
Posts: 1905

Kudos [?]: 541 [0], given: 23

Re: What would you do? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 20:18
Omidvc wrote:
Hi everyone,

Let me introduce my story.

Last June I applied to MSc program. As I wait too long to do my application, there were no spaces in the program so I got rejected. The person who did mi interview (responsible of the admissions office) told me that the rejection was due to the spaces in the program and not because of my profile (that as she told me "they liked so much" (Good GPA , 5 languages, international experience, 1 year work experience, University and High School prices, etc).

After that I decided to apply for 2016 intake, and here I am. My GMAT score was 570. I was aiming for a 600 but I could not achieve it. I'm currently studying GMAT again to do the test in late November, but the last week I call to the BS to "reactivate" my application and I ask if it was better to go with my actual GMAT score and apply to the first round or wait to improve my score and apply for the second round. The same person who did my interview for the 2015 intake told me that "with my profile and my actual GMAT score, she was 90% sure that the result will be positive". So I decided to apply for first round.

I know this looks like good news but that call affected my study plan because now I don't have the same pressure and I do not study as strictly as I studied before, it's like my whole plan changed with one call. I'm afraid that in November (when the feedback from the school is given) I receive another rejection because of my GMAT score and haven’t study properly for the GMAT.

So what would be your reaction guy? What would you do? Would you trust the admissions committee? Would you try to study GMAT strictly once again, returning to the study plan?
Does anybody have a similar experience?
I need some support or advice.


Thanks for reading!


I have a few things for you:

1. If the guy has said that you have 90% chances of getting through, then he must be sure about other aspects of your profile
2. If you were planning to give the GMAT, why did you not give it before the application?
3. Will the school accept your updated GMAT score after the announcement of the result?
4. Last, if you feel that you can improve your score, then definitely go for it.

All the best!
_________________

Janielle Williams

Customer Support

Special Offer: $80-100/hr. Online Private Tutoring
GMAT On Demand Course $299
Free Online Trial Hour

Kudos [?]: 541 [0], given: 23

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2015
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: What would you do? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 22:27
OptimusPrepJanielle wrote:
Omidvc wrote:
Hi everyone,

Let me introduce my story.

Last June I applied to MSc program. As I wait too long to do my application, there were no spaces in the program so I got rejected. The person who did mi interview (responsible of the admissions office) told me that the rejection was due to the spaces in the program and not because of my profile (that as she told me "they liked so much" (Good GPA , 5 languages, international experience, 1 year work experience, University and High School prices, etc).

After that I decided to apply for 2016 intake, and here I am. My GMAT score was 570. I was aiming for a 600 but I could not achieve it. I'm currently studying GMAT again to do the test in late November, but the last week I call to the BS to "reactivate" my application and I ask if it was better to go with my actual GMAT score and apply to the first round or wait to improve my score and apply for the second round. The same person who did my interview for the 2015 intake told me that "with my profile and my actual GMAT score, she was 90% sure that the result will be positive". So I decided to apply for first round.

I know this looks like good news but that call affected my study plan because now I don't have the same pressure and I do not study as strictly as I studied before, it's like my whole plan changed with one call. I'm afraid that in November (when the feedback from the school is given) I receive another rejection because of my GMAT score and haven’t study properly for the GMAT.

So what would be your reaction guy? What would you do? Would you trust the admissions committee? Would you try to study GMAT strictly once again, returning to the study plan?
Does anybody have a similar experience?
I need some support or advice.


Thanks for reading!


I have a few things for you:

1. If the guy has said that you have 90% chances of getting through, then he must be sure about other aspects of your profile
2. If you were planning to give the GMAT, why did you not give it before the application?
3. Will the school accept your updated GMAT score after the announcement of the result?
4. Last, if you feel that you can improve your score, then definitely go for it.

All the best!


Hi, thanks for the reply!

Answering your point:

1. Yes, he told me that the admission committee liked mi profile so much when I applied last June (but there no where spaces in the program), so I think I have and strong profile.
2. My plan was to improve my GMAT score and apply for second round (late november) but the admissions officer told me that with my actual GMAT score I could go for the firs round (there ir when he told me that "90% thing".
3. If the result is negative, I would be able to provide a new and more competitive GMAT score for the second round.
4. I feel like that, so thats what I'm gonna do, apply for first round, continue study and wait for the school feedback in early november, if it is positive, the whole thing it's over, if it's not and will take the GMAT again and improve my score.

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: What would you do?   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2015, 22:27
Display posts from previous: Sort by

What would you do?

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.