Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:41 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 336 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Status:Most successful Admission Consultants: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=""></a><!-- m -->
Affiliations: consultinghub,
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Education (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 336 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Which jobs for IT guys + MBA [#permalink]
hi friends, i m a fresher, i did my b.tech in the stream of computer science, i like to a software engineer job holder. can any one help me out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Skip the MBA - you don't need one to start your own company. If you're a good programmer/developer, just start coding the next big thing. You're wasting both your time and money by doing the MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Yes, I think now you have lots of knowledge about Software. After completion of your MBA, you can seek for the jobs in Software sales, Business Research Analyst etc. I hope you will get a good job in IT business field.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
TrueLie wrote:
throughmba wrote:
Your question remains too generic. You need to do a little research for what you want out of an MBA.

-Every business school take your career plans so seriously during the application process? Because they want to know that you have thought it through. They want to make sure you are grounded in reality. That if you want to change careers, you’ve figured out how to get from Point A to Point B and maybe even to Point C and D.

-So go out and explore – talk to people – especially current students or recent grads on their career experience. . Do some self-exploration as well. And make sure you take notes

look at this link https://gmatclub.com/blog/2011/05/life-a ... hbs-grads/

Options are ...Business analyst track in a technology firm, Associate Consultant track in any consulting, IT or marketing firm, Project finance track...etc.

Hi,

My goal is very clear. I want to be an entrepreneur after my MBA. However, my very short-term goal is to work is US/Canada for some years to earn some money to start my business. Hence, I think that if I choose only the Entrepreneurship concentration, it's hard to get a job in US/CAN after my graduation.

Does anyone have advices for my case?

Thank you.

Same Situation Here....
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
If you want to work before you become an entrepreneur, I would think you have two choices of what to do. One, become an IBanker to build as big a pile of cash as you can before going on to your own thing. Risks - burn out, that the pay leaves the industry (I think that is much higher risk than many give credit), get sucked in... Advantage - you learn how to finance things for the future.

Two - do something along the lines of what you want to be an entrepreneur in. You can always find a banker wanting to escape being a banker to partner with, so if you have skills and ideas, a job that builds the skills around what your long-term idea is will be way better. To that end, it could be anything - marketing, IT management, strategy, Corp Dev (which is basically IBanking to be honest).

So really I don't think there is a correct answer, other than to focus on something that sets you up best for your LT goal. "Entrepreneurship" includes everything, so without knowing what your ideas are, it is very difficult to point towards the best path to build up to the plan.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
TrueLie wrote:
throughmba wrote:
My goal is very clear. I want to be an entrepreneur after my MBA. However, my very short-term goal is to work is US/Canada for some years to earn some money to start my business.

My advice would be to not wait to start your business until you have money. When you have money you have a lot more to lose and you become much more risk averse. With a solid idea, a great team and a little bit of groundwork, you can raise money from friends/family, angels or VC's. I've launched two successful internet business over the last 8 years with little/no money of my own (first one with F/F money and the second with VC's money). The life of an entrepreneur can be gut-wrenching, but there's nothing like it! Best of luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
Math Expert
92977 posts
GMAT Tutor
1905 posts