Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: General
Schools:LBS,Oxford SAID,INSEAD,NUS
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 105 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: IT
Schools:Duke,Oxford,IMD,INSEAD
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Which one to start first Manhattan Quans or Kaplan Math work [#permalink]
Snowingreen wrote:
Hey Guys ,
I have got all the manhattan quans series and KAPLAN math work book . could you please suggest the order which I can go through ?

Hello Snowingreen,

We have a thread with book reviews that the site founder maintains. Please take a look for some feedback on the books you mention and others:

top-gmat-prep-books-guides-reviews-comments-77703.html
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [8]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Snowingreen wrote:
Hey Guys ,
I have got all the manhattan quans series and KAPLAN math work book . could you please suggest the order which I can go through ?

You have almost 2 of the same thing, so you don't really need both (covers very similar material).
I would follow the advice given - work through MGMAT Guides and since Kaplan does not have that much theory/strategies in the Math Workbook, use that as backup - here is a selection with my personal favorites from Kaplan Math Workbook - these are the MOST INTERESTING questions in my view (this is from previous edition of Kaplan Math Workbook, but it should still work - they are the same)

Number properties test: 8, 13, 14, 17, 19

Averages test: 4, 6

Ratios: 22

Percents: 4, 7, 8, 22

Powers and Roots: 5, 12

Algebra test 2: 2, 6

Basic Word Problem Exercise: 6, 8, 9

Word Problems Test 1: 4, 19, 24

Percents, Ratios, and Rates: 34

General WP Test: 31, 35, 40

Geometry

Triangles Exercise: 7, 11

Triangles Test: 2, 15, 18

Quadraliterals and other polygons: 14, 16, 17

Circles: 2, 5, 10

Solids: 5

Multiple Figures: 2, 6, 9, 14

DS1: 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 24

DS2: 3, 7, 9, 10, 15, 21, 23, 24
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: General
Schools:LBS,Oxford SAID,INSEAD,NUS
Send PM
Bookmarks
Thx gmanjesh, saurabhricha , mohater & bb. I bought Kaplan math book after some suggestions in URCH and then decided to buy manhattan after the GMAT club quants section intro .

thanks for the tip.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
bb wrote:
You have almost 2 of the same thing, so you don't really need both (covers very similar material).
I would follow the advice given - work through MGMAT Guides and since Kaplan does not have that much theory/strategies in the Math Workbook, use that as backup - here is a selection with my personal favorites from Kaplan Math Workbook - these are the MOST INTERESTING questions in my view (this is from previous edition of Kaplan Math Workbook, but it should still work - they are the same)

Number properties test: 8, 13, 14, 17, 19

Averages test: 4, 6

Ratios: 22

Percents: 4, 7, 8, 22

Powers and Roots: 5, 12

Algebra test 2: 2, 6

Basic Word Problem Exercise: 6, 8, 9

Word Problems Test 1: 4, 19, 24

Percents, Ratios, and Rates: 34

General WP Test: 31, 35, 40

Geometry

Triangles Exercise: 7, 11

Triangles Test: 2, 15, 18

Quadraliterals and other polygons: 14, 16, 17

Circles: 2, 5, 10

Solids: 5

Multiple Figures: 2, 6, 9, 14

DS1: 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 24

DS2: 3, 7, 9, 10, 15, 21, 23, 24

Do you recommend specifically learning, or focusing, on these questions ONLY? Or just emphasizing them?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tactic101 wrote:

Do you recommend specifically learning, or focusing, on these questions ONLY? Or just emphasizing them?

These questions are the ones that are very interesting from the education value and present themselves with multiple solutions and options to solve them. Unfortunately some of the solutions are lacking some of the more simple and elegant solution options (though some require greater math skill/knowledge). These are also questions that are some of the harder and more distinguished ones.

So... this is not a shortcut. I am not saying just get a huge left biceps and a huge right calf :-) but these are pretty cool exercises to make sure you do hit (in addition to all others) in case you run out of time. But you should not do just these or ignore anything else.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
These questions are the ones that are very interesting from the education value and present themselves with multiple solutions and options to solve them. Unfortunately some of the solutions are lacking some of the more simple and elegant solution options (though some require greater math skill/knowledge). These are also questions that are some of the harder and more distinguished ones.

So... this is not a shortcut. I am not saying just get a huge left biceps and a huge right calf :-) but these are pretty cool exercises to make sure you do hit (in addition to all others) in case you run out of time. But you should not do just these or ignore anything else.

Good luck!

In another post, you say not to move on unless you can hit 90% success rate -- do you mean the exercises at end of the chapter, or the subchapters? e.g. at the end of Arithmetic or at the end of number operations (which is within arithmetic)? Or do you mean the tests (again, chapter vs subchapter)? Thanks again!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:

Good luck!

Another followup: have the recommended questions changed since you posted this? Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot