It is currently 16 Aug 2017, 08:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which school for undergrad? (Kelley vs Questrom) please help!!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Which school for undergrad? (Kelley vs Questrom) please help!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2017, 19:12
Hello I registered to this website to ask this question since I thought that people would be more knowledgeable than college confidential. I would probably major in accounting or finance and I go to kelley for free and boston university for 45k a year.

My parents think that questrom would be a better choice for these reasons. 1. they care about school's reputation and rank overall. They don't like that IU is a state school and public. They think private schools will be better. (My parents were born and raised in asian country. What they think may be different from american people) 2. many good companies are in boston (boston consulting company, deloitte, etc) and it will be easier for me to get good internship opportunities. Lots of people are from BU at boston so i will have connections. 3. It's better to work in korea. Korean companies care more about school's reputation than the program. However, i am still not sure if I will work in korea or in the us.

But I think IU is better because 1. better program. #4 in the nation vs #40 something. 2. equal opportunities and internship in IU I am assuming. 3. cheaper. My parents say that they can pay 45k a year but I want them to spend that money on themselves.

So do you guys know what accounting or finance companies think about these schools? Assuming that I get same gpa, do they prefer kelley or questrom? Also if I pay the same money, would it be still kelley? If I spend 1 year at BU and transfer to IU kelley, would that be a bad idea? (if I don't like boston university of course). Finally, how good really is kelley for undergrad? I know that its ranked #4 in the nation and people say that it's great but ranking is just what the us news says and there are probably some other opinions.

VP
VP
G

Kudos [?]: 249 [0], given: 148

Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Which school for undergrad? (Kelley vs Questrom) please help!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2017, 19:35
kelleyorquestrom wrote:
Hello I registered to this website to ask this question since I thought that people would be more knowledgeable than college confidential. I would probably major in accounting or finance and I go to kelley for free and boston university for 45k a year.

My parents think that questrom would be a better choice for these reasons. 1. they care about school's reputation and rank overall. They don't like that IU is a state school and public. They think private schools will be better. (My parents were born and raised in asian country. What they think may be different from american people) 2. many good companies are in boston (boston consulting company, deloitte, etc) and it will be easier for me to get good internship opportunities. Lots of people are from BU at boston so i will have connections. 3. It's better to work in korea. Korean companies care more about school's reputation than the program. However, i am still not sure if I will work in korea or in the us.

But I think IU is better because 1. better program. #4 in the nation vs #40 something. 2. equal opportunities and internship in IU I am assuming. 3. cheaper. My parents say that they can pay 45k a year but I want them to spend that money on themselves.

So do you guys know what accounting or finance companies think about these schools? Assuming that I get same gpa, do they prefer kelley or questrom? Also if I pay the same money, would it be still kelley? If I spend 1 year at BU and transfer to IU kelley, would that be a bad idea? (if I don't like boston university of course). Finally, how good really is kelley for undergrad? I know that its ranked #4 in the nation and people say that it's great but ranking is just what the us news says and there are probably some other opinions.

I'm confused. Are you asking for MBA program or undergrad program?

Kudos [?]: 249 [0], given: 148

Intern
Intern

Re: Which school for undergrad? (Kelley vs Questrom) please help!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2017, 21:30
Mo2men Undergrad

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2017, 23:15
This is an MBA forum. Either way, you should go to Kelley. Better school and also better recognized internationally to be honest outside the general public.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2017, 19:06
Indiana has a great alum network as well, so I would go Kelley here. BU does have nice recruiting in the east coast. I would also consider where you want to work post-school you can probably get a good job out of both programs. They have vastly different campus cultures, one is a huge state school and the other is a small private school. I would say IU is closer to the traditional college experience you read about.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 0

Re: Which school for undergrad? (Kelley vs Questrom) please help!!!   [#permalink] 11 Apr 2017, 19:06