Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:45 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
DTOMAS wrote:
Did anybody else receive an email from SOM giving an update about Round 1?

Nope, what did it say?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
it said :

at this point most of the interview invitations have been extended but as they are still re lookint at some applications more invitations may come in the next few weeks. The final result will be available on Dec. 9.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
DTOMAS wrote:
it said :

at this point most of the interview invitations have been extended but as they are still re lookint at some applications more invitations may come in the next few weeks. The final result will be available on Dec. 9.

For applicants that have interviewed all it said was that final decisions will be released on the Dec. 9 deadline
Manager
Manager
Send PM
DTOMAS wrote:
it said :

Thanks DTOMAS. I remember they sent that last year but i have not received it this year. Maybe because I'm a reapplicant who they won't interview as per their policy for not inviting applicants to interview again if they've been invited within the last two years.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Same boat brother!

Hope for a better result this year. Haven't had any clue about what they think about my application.
Atleast last year with the interview call, I knew I had a shot. This year am all in the dark.

NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
DTOMAS wrote:
it said :

Thanks DTOMAS. I remember they sent that last year but i have not received it this year. Maybe because I'm a reapplicant who they won't interview as per their policy for not inviting applicants to interview again if they've been invited within the last two years.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.94
DTOMAS wrote:
it said :

I received a similar email but mine didn't say they were "re-looking" at some applications. It said "At this point, most interview invitations for the round have been extended. Since we are sill reviewing applications, additional invitations may go out in the coming weeks."
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rahulrg wrote:
Same boat brother!

Hope for a better result this year. Haven't had any clue about what they think about my application.
Atleast last year with the interview call, I knew I had a shot. This year am all in the dark.

NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
DTOMAS wrote:
it said :

Haha yeah. Last year you knew you had a near 50% chance of admission and some chance of WL bc we were at least invited for the interview. While they strongly encouraged reapplying over the summer (after I was removed from the waitlist in March), I have had little to no contact with AdCom since then since they won't reinvite us. More nerve-wracking then last year for sure.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '15 (I)
Send PM
I received the email as well, though not particularly helpful.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.5
WE:Account Management (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Same email to me as well.. Atleast they are easing the pain by not sending one cruel ding-mail :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I havent received an invitation yet. Does this email means that I am out of the game?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
javajunkie wrote:
DTOMAS wrote:
it said :

I received a similar email but mine didn't say they were "re-looking" at some applications. It said "At this point, most interview invitations for the round have been extended. Since we are sill reviewing applications, additional invitations may go out in the coming weeks."

Same here. Mine did not say they were re-looking but just that they were still reviewing applications.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
I did not receive this email, but I also haven't received an invite. Should I be concerned about this?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
thefinancelady wrote:
I did not receive this email, but I also haven't received an invite. Should I be concerned about this?

(Not a reapplicant, either.)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 620 Q40 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40
Send PM
javajunkie wrote:
DTOMAS wrote:
it said :

I'm taking this e-mail as, "its probably not gonna happen pal". Oh well, Stern gave me the thumbs up so that's where I'm headed. With a splash of cynicism and perhaps some sour grapes, it's Yale's loss, not mine. Ha!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE:Human Resources (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Not to make matters worse, but more give an idea of what might be happening (because I would want this myself):
I got an interview invite late Sunday night, and there was only one day left of interviews (this Friday, which made for the most expensive plane ticket ever). This made me assume that I barely squeaked my way in there and that might be one of the last wave of interviews to go out since there was only one day left as to when you could interview on campus.

This is no scientific thinking, but wanted to let you know my thought process and give a bit of transparency.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
2 people have already listed "Denied without Interview." Have they actually started dinging people?

The email yesterday said they will inform people of interview decisions "BY" December 9th. Could this mean earlier?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Are there any other non-reapplicant applicants who didn't receive the email?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts