Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 18:58 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I did my undergrad there as well. It is a good school. And the cost is definitely right which is why I'm applying.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
BYU is one of the more reasonable priced schools thats for sure. Pretty much if you go to any good program it will pay off in the end...its not like a lot of grad degrees that are pretty much a waste of money.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
BYU just got ranked #1 in the regional rankings for recruiters top school in the Wall Street Journal. That's pretty impressive, anyone with me?

https://www.careerjournal.com/reports/bschool07/20070917-alsop-mbrank.htm[/url]
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
[#permalink]
I am first year MBA student at BYU. So far, I am loving it.

I see why WSJ ranked it 1st among regional programs. Program is developing very fast.

btw, they are doubling the program size next year.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dilshod wrote:
I am first year MBA student at BYU. So far, I am loving it.

I see why WSJ ranked it 1st among regional programs. Program is developing very fast.

btw, they are doubling the program size next year.

They're doubling it? Wow, that's really going to change things. What other programs did you apply to and what made you decide to go to BYU?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all BYU Fall '08 applicants [#permalink]
How is the Finacial recruiting there at BYU? In particular Investment Banking and Private Equity? BYU is among my top 5 school choices, but I haven't been able to speak with anyone that has actually gone through the MBA program there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Schools:Wharton, Chicago
 Q49  V44
Send PM
I know that IB placement is improving at the Marriott School. I still believe it's an uphill battle, but it seems that there has been a large increase in BYU alumni in the financial field recently, and this is helping to create opportunities from that angle. Marriott u-grad probably "places" better than MBA program into those fields. I know at least a few, and more and more, BBs come to campus to recruit. I think BYU MBAs in IB, either did IB pre-MBA or had good enough stats to go to top 10 schools but opted for BYU for other reasons. (This is usually, but not always, true of the caliber of u-grad students that get into IB/PE as well.) PE doesn't really "recruit" in the traditional sense that IB does (except you could say that it's heading that direction for some of the larger firms that go to H/S and to a lesser extent W.) If you're going to get an MBA at BYU and don't have previous PE or at least IB experience, opportunities will probably not be available. However, there are some local VC firms that might give such a person a look, I don't know. Good luck, and be sure to take Jackson for strategy.
GMAT Club Bot