Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:43 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: General Management, Statistics
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 179
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Re: Post MBA Opportunities. [#permalink]
onkargm wrote:
vivek6199 wrote:
onkargm wrote:
Hi Guys,

Can someone please evaluate my profile.

I am an "Indian IT male" (Please don't stop reading :-D)

GMAT : 730 Q49(75 percentile) V41(91 percentile), IR : 5, AWA : 5.0

Experience : 4 Years, Currently working as a Technology Consultant.

• I work closely with clients in Banking and Financial Services industry.
• I am part of a group which looks into the requirements of client and then propose an optimal solution.
• Lead a team of 10 Associates.

Education : Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology.
GPA : 7.5/10.

Other's
• A national level Baseball and Softball player.
• Coordinated many national level technical event in my college, represented my college in many national technical events of other colleges.
• Working with an NGO, I am part of many drives which are conducted on 3rd Saturday of each month, drives such as tree plantation, river cleaning, teaching underprivileged children.

Concentration : Strategy/Management Consulting/Innovation.

No I have few colleges (region wise) in mind.

1)Europe :
1.Mannheim Germany
2.Rotterdam Erasmus Netherlands.
3.HEC Paris

In various posts I read many things about these colleges but, what I could conclude for these posts is that finding a job POST MBA in Europe is very difficult because of increased unemployment there and because of language difference. So, is it worth for an Indian student to pay enormous fees and then struggle to find a job.

2)Asia :
1.NUS Singapore
2.NTU Singapore
3.HKU Hong-Kong
4.HKUST Hong Kong
5.ISB India.
Some folks said, if I choose and get selected in any Hong Kong based b school , my chances of getting a job post mba would not be better unless I am fluent in either Mandarin or Cantonese.
Recently Singapore has also put up strict restrictions on Work Permit to foreigners, but I am exactly not sure how friendly is the job market there for non-Singaporean MBA graduates.

3)USA :
One year MBA is my preference and no good school in USA provides it.

Can experts please guide me on how to select a college and what are the post mba opportunities for no-local graduates for above colleges.

regards
Onkar

Choose to apply to those geographies where you want to work post MBA. If you are applying to Rotman, there is very less chance that you would be working in US. Canada is a good option as it is immigrant friendly but the one year programs in Canada are spring intakes.

Finding job is always a challenge for international students wherever you go. ISB would be better choice in this regard.
There are many one year programs in the US too such as Cornell, Kellogg and few others. You need to check out the eligibility of each as some of the 1 year MBA requires a Masters degree to apply. Also, there are no internships in the one year MBA, hence landing a job is much more difficult in 1 year MBA as compared to two year MBA.
You have only 6 year exp, so there is no reason you should not consider two year MBA.

Hey Vivek, thanks for your as usual quick reply.

Yes actually many of the one year programs in US require more experience than I have or a master's degree. Anyways I have finally decided to go for Asian business schools and INSEAD.

Hi onkargm

I think I have same target school as you do (Rotterdam, hkust). I'm an Europe or Asia minded. I also added Australia to my list too.
So you plan to apply to Asian business school (Malaysia if I'm not mistake) and INSEAD (Singapore). Mind if you tell me the reason?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Post MBA Opportunities. [#permalink]
Hi arifkunto,

I have chosen European and Asian business schools because of their compact program calendar, so I don't have to stay away from my career for longer.

Furthermore, what I believe is that these colleges provide great diversity in terms of students' backgrounds and nationalities, thus have a great potential for peer knowledge sharing. I have always gained more at group studies and discussions than at regular class lectures.

These are my opinions, someone else may give you different reasons to apply to these schools.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 179
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
onkargm wrote:
Hi arifkunto,

I have chosen European and Asian business schools because of their compact program calendar, so I don't have to stay away from my career for longer.

Furthermore, what I believe is that these colleges provide great diversity in terms of students' backgrounds and nationalities, thus have a great potential for peer knowledge sharing. I have always gained more at group studies and discussions than at regular class lectures.

These are my opinions, someone else may give you different reasons to apply to these schools.

Thanks for your opinions. With a GMAT score 730 (as I see in your profile) I think you will stand out in the applicants pool. I too have a target of 700+. Thanks again and good luck :)
GMAT Club Bot