It is currently 22 Aug 2017, 07:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post Military MBA entering at 33+ 9years WE

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Post Military MBA entering at 33+ 9years WE [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2014, 00:59
Hello Everyone,

I am an Naval Officer from India and targeting a good MBA program abroad. I have experience in Supply Chain, operations, Strategy and BPR and also PG in Business Mgmt. I have a GMAT of 710 and I am looking at career in consulting/corporate strategy after the MBA as problem solving and logical reasoning are my strengths. I am aware that I am at the higher end of the bell curve of the ideal MBA candidate and therefore I am steering clear of the two year programs as I am at a disadvantage with my age and also it means two years off the earning cycle. My target schools are INSEAD, 01 year Kellog, IMD MBS and AGSM (Australia) and Ivey and Schulic at Canada. My preference for Australia and Canada is purely because of they are immigration friendly. I needed some advice on the following:-

(a) At 34+ will I be too old for consulting or slightly uncommon?
(b) What other careers in Strategy are available out side consulting where in General Management skills would be preferred?
(c) Are the schools I have selected fine or is there any mismatch in my aspirations vs choice I have made?

I am really eager to listen from as many of you as possible. Thank you

Regards

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Post Military MBA entering at 33+ 9years WE [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2014, 15:30
For starters, I think that you will be a strong candidate for nearly any non 2-year, elite program. Depending on your work background, you might also have a good number of opportunities post-graduation as an industry consultant. Starting out as a career consultant might be a bit more of a stretch; particularly from a non 2-year program. Are you against returning to supply-chain and logistics, because that is a field with ample general management opportunities.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2014, 09:29
quaintbackground wrote:
For starters, I think that you will be a strong candidate for nearly any non 2-year, elite program. Depending on your work background, you might also have a good number of opportunities post-graduation as an industry consultant. Starting out as a career consultant might be a bit more of a stretch; particularly from a non 2-year program. Are you against returning to supply-chain and logistics, because that is a field with ample general management opportunities.

Thanks for the confidence on my profile. Do you have any inputs on post study work visa after say a LBS in UK.

Thanks

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2014, 08:32
Afraid I don't- that's beyond my knowledge.

Re: Post Military MBA entering at 33+ 9years WE   [#permalink] 10 Jul 2014, 08:32