Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:09 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: 1st GMAT Prep test: 480 [#permalink]
Rashad853 wrote:
Hi,

Unfortunately, two week seems unrealistic to make 170 points improvement. Your verbal does not look weak and you have first to focus on quant. Get MGMAT Guides for Math and learn foundations to break 40s on quant. For 650 you need something Q 44 v 35. Keep studying and do not underestimate timing issues.

Good Luck

Thanks Rashad853

I have got MGMAT Guides now and working through them, I have improved my Q from 32 to 35 but I need to keep going to get the 40.

Thanks
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hello,

First thing: never quit a practice test. If you get frustrated on the real thing, you can't simply "quit". The test is designed to be stressful and put you to your limits in what the test... tests for.

Next: two weeks isn't likely enough time. Are you keeping an error log? The adaptive nature of the test looks for your weakness and really hinders your ability to score high if you do very poorly in one subsection. The error log is one of the best tools to identifying the WHY aspect of answering problems incorrectly and moving forward

Finally, don't simply read books for the sake of reading them. Look over your practice tests and use them as a reference for what materials to study. Move from your weakest sections up to your strongest.

Good luck,
GMAT Club Bot