It is currently 22 Sep 2017, 15:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2&1/2 Weeks left to the exam. What can a I do to improve further?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

2&1/2 Weeks left to the exam. What can a I do to improve further? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2017, 05:02
Hello everyone! This is my first post on the forum. I must say you all have made a phenomenal community that has helped me prepare a lot. I hope I can contribute greatly after I take my GMAT.

I started my prep about one month ago. The Msc I want to get into asks me for a minimum of 600, which is quite low and accesible. However, mainly for pride, I want to step up the game to at least reach the 700 mark.

Just before I started studying, I took a mock test (the free one of Manhattan) and scored a 610 (Q40, V34). Then, a couple weeks ago I got a 650 on the veritas one. And today I just got a 690 (46Q,39V) from Kaplan. My quant score has improved, although I think I can get it further. I have attached the results to this post.

What I have studied:

-Kaplan Premier 2016, only quant
-OG Guide Directory from Gmatclub. I am currently going through all the exercises, saving the ones I didn't get right or that it took me more than 2 minutes to do.

I haven't studied verbal theory at all. It sort of comes natural to me. SC is the one I find the hardest, although I pretty much bombed the CR problems (only 4/14). That's what really surprises me, as I usually bash through the OG CR questions in no time, getting almost everyone right. Maybe I was a little bit tired by the end of the test, who knows.

So, what can I do to get to the 700+? I have 2 weeks and a half to get there.

PS: I haven't started on IR or AWA yet, as they don't really count that much. I'll get some templates and some exercises done along the line.
Attachments

File comment: MOST RECENT ONE
Kaplan Verbal.png
Kaplan Verbal.png [ 104.31 KiB | Viewed 231 times ]

File comment: MOST RECENT ONE
Kaplan Quant.png
Kaplan Quant.png [ 110.56 KiB | Viewed 233 times ]

File comment: FIRST MOCK TEST
Manhattan Verbal.png
Manhattan Verbal.png [ 305.56 KiB | Viewed 237 times ]

File comment: FIRST MOCK TEST
Manhattan quant.png
Manhattan quant.png [ 258.8 KiB | Viewed 235 times ]

File comment: First mock test
Manhattan overview.png
Manhattan overview.png [ 57.39 KiB | Viewed 235 times ]

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount Codes
Top Contributor
G

Kudos [?]: 1359 [0], given: 262

GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V34
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: 2&1/2 Weeks left to the exam. What can a I do to improve further? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2017, 09:21
Top Contributor
Hi,

Based on your post I see that you did not GMATPrep CAT's. I would suggest you to download the gmatprep software and take a mock test. Only Gmatprep gives you realistic picture of the test score.

Then find out the weakness areas from the gmatprep mock and try improving those in next 10 days. Then take a gmatprep mock again to see what is your score improvement and where you can improve further.

Also while you practice always practice with OG questions for Verbal and for Quant you can try gmatclub tests.

Hope it helps.

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Kudos [?]: 1359 [0], given: 262

Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 8

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: 2&1/2 Weeks left to the exam. What can a I do to improve further? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2017, 10:51
kkutre wrote:
Hello everyone! This is my first post on the forum. I must say you all have made a phenomenal community that has helped me prepare a lot. I hope I can contribute greatly after I take my GMAT.

I started my prep about one month ago. The Msc I want to get into asks me for a minimum of 600, which is quite low and accesible. However, mainly for pride, I want to step up the game to at least reach the 700 mark.

Just before I started studying, I took a mock test (the free one of Manhattan) and scored a 610 (Q40, V34). Then, a couple weeks ago I got a 650 on the veritas one. And today I just got a 690 (46Q,39V) from Kaplan. My quant score has improved, although I think I can get it further. I have attached the results to this post.

What I have studied:

-Kaplan Premier 2016, only quant
-OG Guide Directory from Gmatclub. I am currently going through all the exercises, saving the ones I didn't get right or that it took me more than 2 minutes to do.

I haven't studied verbal theory at all. It sort of comes natural to me. SC is the one I find the hardest, although I pretty much bombed the CR problems (only 4/14). That's what really surprises me, as I usually bash through the OG CR questions in no time, getting almost everyone right. Maybe I was a little bit tired by the end of the test, who knows.

So, what can I do to get to the 700+? I have 2 weeks and a half to get there.

PS: I haven't started on IR or AWA yet, as they don't really count that much. I'll get some templates and some exercises done along the line.

GMATPrep is an absolute must. That will give you a clearer idea.

Other than OG, you have verbal review too to practice from. If you are looking for SC theory, then e-gmat would be your best bet in my opinion.

Good luck!!!

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 8

Re: 2&1/2 Weeks left to the exam. What can a I do to improve further?   [#permalink] 12 Aug 2017, 10:51