GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2018, 03:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

2 weeks to my gmat

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
2 weeks to my gmat  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2018, 22:54
2 weeks until my gmat exam, I wanted some help from you guys.
I'm done with OG and egmat verbal. Gone thru gmat club quant book and club tests (4-5).

I still have 4 Official mocks left and Verbal Review to go through.
+ I have yet to study RC, I already seem to have 80+ accuracy in it, if anyone can suggest some good posts to quickly gain some insight on RC, would appreciate it.
+ Yet to work on AWA and IR, I'm prettty good with IR so I can cover that in 1 day, dont know the first thing about AWA, so any help with that would be helpful.

My First 2 mock scores : 720(Q50,V37) | 730(Q51,V37)

My aim is 740 (Q50,V40), so any help regarding how I should spread working on my 4 mocks, AWA , IR and Verbal Review in next 2 weeks will be very helpful. ( I can study everyday upto 10 hours)
e-GMAT Discount CodesEMPOWERgmat Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: 2 weeks to my gmat  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2018, 17:53
anishraina wrote:
2 weeks until my gmat exam, I wanted some help from you guys.
I'm done with OG and egmat verbal. Gone thru gmat club quant book and club tests (4-5).

I still have 4 Official mocks left and Verbal Review to go through.
+ I have yet to study RC, I already seem to have 80+ accuracy in it, if anyone can suggest some good posts to quickly gain some insight on RC, would appreciate it.
+ Yet to work on AWA and IR, I'm prettty good with IR so I can cover that in 1 day, dont know the first thing about AWA, so any help with that would be helpful.

My First 2 mock scores : 720(Q50,V37) | 730(Q51,V37)

My aim is 740 (Q50,V40), so any help regarding how I should spread working on my 4 mocks, AWA , IR and Verbal Review in next 2 weeks will be very helpful. ( I can study everyday upto 10 hours)
You are already very close to your target score and have only 2 weeks left, so it might be a good idea to take just 2 of the 4 remaining GMATPreps. Keep the other 2 for a (possible) second attempt.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Orion Director of Academics
S

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2018, 18:23
Hey anishraina,

You're already within the margin of error for your target score (GMAC says that their tests are accurate to within roughly +/- 30 points), so your main focus should be on shoring up any weaknesses from your practice tests and doing some polishing by taking one (or two) of those final two GMAT Prep tests. My recommendation would be to avoid taking either test within five or so days of when you're taking the official test since you want to be as fresh as possible going into the test.

Then structure your decision about how you review reading comprehension around where your weak areas are on those tests. Look for 1. the type of question (is it a general question? a specific question? an inference?) and 2. the type of passage (sometimes passage type throws people off as much as question type). Then target those types of questions.

In terms of prioritizing IR and AWA, I'd recommend doing those earlier rather than later so that the concepts have some time to sink in. Spend one or two days focusing on them in the next few days and then come back to them after a few days for thirty minutes or so to make sure it's all stuck.

Laura
Academics Aficionado | ORION
GMAT self-study has never been more personalized or more fun. Try ORION Free!

Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 06:21
Hi anishraina,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. So, great start with your first two mocks! Q50 and Q51 are awesome! Regarding your remaining four mocks, since you have 13 days left until your exam, you should complete all of them, such that you take your last mock exam at least three days prior to test day. Remember, you want to be fresh when you take the GMAT, so taking a practice exam too close to test day could hurt more than it would help.

That being said, since you are only 3 points away from your verbal score goal, after completing each mock exam, be sure to carefully analyze ALL verbal problems. For those questions you answered correctly, what was your process? What led you to the correct answer? For those answered incorrectly, why did you get the question wrong? Did you misread the question? Did you run out of time? Did you make a careless mistake? Did you not understand a concept? By reviewing all questions with a fine-toothed comb, you should be able to locate and then fix lingering verbal weaknesses.

When practicing Reading Comprehension, you need to develop a reading strategy that is both efficient and thorough. Reading too fast and not understanding what you have read are equally as harmful as reading too slow and using up too much time. When attacking Reading Comprehension passages, you must have one clear goal in mind: to understand the context of what you are reading. However, you must do so efficiently, so you need to avoid getting bogged down in the details of each paragraph and instead focus on understanding the main point of each paragraph. That being said, do not fall into the trap of thinking that you can just read the intro and the conclusion and thereby comprehend the main idea of a paragraph. As you read a paragraph, consider how the context of the paragraph relates to previous paragraphs, so you can continue developing your overall understanding of the passage. Furthermore, as you practice Reading Comprehension, focus on the exact types of questions with which you struggle: Find the Main Idea, Inference, Author’s Tone, etc. Analyze your incorrect Reading Comprehension answers to better determine why you tend to get a particular question type wrong, and then improve upon your weaknesses. You can perfect your reading strategy with a lot of practice, but keep in mind that GMAT Reading Comprehension passages are not meant to be easy to read. So, to better prepare yourself to tackle such passages, read magazines with similar content and style, such as the Economist, Scientific American, and Smithsonian.

If you’d like any advice regarding Sentence Correction or Critical Reasoning, please reach back out, and I can provide some further advice.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Re: 2 weeks to my gmat &nbs [#permalink] 05 Oct 2018, 06:21

2 weeks to my gmat

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap