It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 02:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

2009 Official Application Volume Reporting

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 746 [0], given: 548

Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Reviews Badge
2009 Official Application Volume Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 08:16
Since there is a significant number of debates within sub-forums within this forum, I am going to quell all the rumors with concrete facts.

Schools started releasing info related to their application volume.

I am going to start off with this article.

In the future, if anyone else wants to report app volume related news, do it here with links to reference.

Source:

http://www.ketv.com/news/18184117/detail.html

1)University of Nebraska at Omaha MBA - 25% increase vs LY

2) Creighton University MBA - 34% increase
3) Bellevue University MBA - 17%
4) University of Nebraska-Lincoln MBA - 23%

(I am sure top schools will release info soon but this can give you an idea in general)

Source:
http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/stor ... tory3.html

University of Memphis MBA
- Fall 09 apps already eclipsed volume of last 3 years (also expects total volume to DOUBLE in total this year vs last year)

Source:
http://stlouis.bizjournals.com/stlouis/ ... 1228107600^1739824

Washington University (Olin school of Business) - they won't disclose the exact number but quote: "the number of applicants that met the first-round deadline for the MBA program was significantly higher this year, according to Evan Bouffides, assistant dean and director of MBA admissions and financial aid."

Source:

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stori ... ory10.html

Southern methodist University - R1 apps for 2009
“We are up 76% in applications over last year’s first deadline,” Armstrong said, while declining to give an exact number. “It’s a pretty amazing increase, and I think that’s pretty directly attributable to the economy. When times are tough, people really think of investing in themselves and sharpening the saw — sharpening their skills — in hopes of advancing their career or to make a career change. “Inquiries are up, people are calling and e-mailing with a lot of interest in that (MBA) program,” she said.

Source:
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... t1128.html

University of Arizona
"At the University of Arizona, Marisa Cox, director of MBA admissions at Eller College, said MBA applications for fall 2009 are up 30 percent. "

Carey School of Businss - Arizona State University
(2009 PT apps - "Robert Mittelstaedt Jr., dean of the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University, said applications for part-time MBA programs that will start next year are up about 30 percent because more applicants don't want to give up jobs to study full-time. He believes that also could be because the school and its MBA program made U.S. News & World Report's top-25 lists this year. "

Thunderbird
"Thunderbird School of Global Management in Glendale also has seen a 16.5 percent increase in fall 2008 enrollment in three graduate business programs over last year and a 30 percent increase in applications for the spring 2009 classes for full-time, distance (classes partly online) and executive programs."

Source:
http://www.dailycal.org/article/103823/ ... plications

UC Berkeley (Haas)

"Peter Johnson, executive director of admissions for the campus's full-time MBA program, estimates applications are already up roughly 20 percent compared to last year, although only one round of its four-round application cycle has ended."

Yale School of Management

http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/26817
"SOM reported a 4 percent increase in applications for the first round of its 2008-’09 admissions cycle, Director of Admissions Bruce DelMonico said Wednesday. "

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Last edited by nink on 05 Dec 2008, 10:16, edited 2 times in total.

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 483 [0], given: 0

Schools: Darden
Re: 2009 Official Application Volume Reporting [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 08:37
Why would you post a bunch of responses to your own message with nothing more than quotes that repeat was is said in the links?

Kudos [?]: 483 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 08:40
pelihu wrote:
Why would you post a bunch of responses to your own message with nothing more than quotes that repeat was is said in the links?

For lazy people like me? (Why click the links to read the full article when you can just read the summary??)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 08:52
Interesting info, ninkorn.

I would guess that it's these lower rated schools that are seeing the biggest increase. I think the top schools won't top a 15% to 20% increase, at least rd 1 '08 over rd 1 '07. But who knows, maybe the numbers will blow out in rd 2 with today's job loss report. I'm so glad that I was able to get 4 apps in for rd 1 (and that's precisely the reason I did so).

Keep 'em coming if you get more info.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 216 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 09:03
ninkorn wrote:
Source:
http://www.dailycal.org/article/103823/ ... plications

UC Berkeley (Haas)

"Peter Johnson, executive director of admissions for the campus's full-time MBA program, estimates applications are already up roughly 20 percent compared to last year, although only one round of its four-round application cycle has ended."

Alright, I agree with pelihu. This is just getting wierd. Are you a live newsfeed or something? What's next - a thread listing layoffs at F500 companies?

If you want to post these kind of items, consolidate all of the information into one post and present it thoughtfully. Stop cluttering the board.

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 09:44
agold, the last profile pic was better! U can use this one instead!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... *%26sa%3DN

Traffic never sleeps...

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 765 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 09:46
If you really want the information to be user friendly edit your first post and put it all in there. It would be really easy to find especially if it was in order.

Also I hate to say it but I dont think that many of these schools are a good reflection of what tops schools will be seeing. These schools probably dont get very many apps to begin with, so its not that hard to increase volume a lot. I mean are some of those even fulltime programs?

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Kudos [?]: 765 [0], given: 5

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 99 [0], given: 1

Schools: Chicago Booth 2011

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 09:50
Seriously man, stop making a million posts for something that needs just one post. Trying to build your post count and get to mod status, eh? ;)

Kudos [?]: 99 [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Schools: Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 09:50
I agree! But I was intrigued by SMU app numbers. 76% is high, and i dont even think that it reflects the volume increase that they might experience now that they have been ranked in the top 20 by BW. I know it would not make a huge diff to domestic applicants, but international applicants rely predominantly on rankings to choose their schools.

Traffic never sleeps...

SVP
SVP

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 10:12
sonibubu wrote:
Seriously man, stop making a million posts for something that needs just one post. Trying to build your post count and get to mod status, eh? ;)

Damn it! You are on to me....

P.S. - okay. All info so far consolidated onto first post. Can a moderator delete the rest? :-D

SVP
SVP

Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2008, 10:16
Done.

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2008, 18:35
I saw where UNC Kenan Flagler backed their R1 interview deadline from December 17th to January 9th due to increase in demand.

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 245 [0], given: 17

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2008, 03:00
I don't know if there's anything in print to back this up, but when I did an info session at Kellogg (it was the day before R1 deadline) the admissions officer doing the presentation said that their volume was up 22-23% over last year at the same point (i.e. day before deadline). Unless there was a huge dropoff in people who submitted on the deadline from last year, it's safe to assume a 20+% increase at Kellogg.

Kudos [?]: 245 [0], given: 17

Re: 2009 Official Application Volume Reporting   [#permalink] 24 Dec 2008, 03:00

2009 Official Application Volume Reporting

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap