Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Product Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg MMM (Ding), Sloan LGO, Wharton (Ding), Stern (Ding), Booth (Ding), Haas (R3)
 Q44  V41 GMAT 2: 660  Q47  V35
GPA: 2.73
WE 1: Sr Product Manager
WE 2: Product Manager
WE 3: Sales Engineer
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Operations
Schools:MIT, UConn
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship / Manufacturing Operations
Schools:LGO @ Sloan, Fuqua, HBS, Wharton, Kellogg, KF
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Manufacturing/Operations
Schools:MIT LGO
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: 2011 MIT Sloan Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) thread [#permalink]
spaceman09 wrote:
Submitted. Feels good to be done...now for the waiting to begin.

Based on forums from last year, it seems like we'll find out as early as the 1st or 2nd week in January. That soon?

Yes, it does feel SO good to have the application submitted!

I have the same question. When do we hear about interviews and in what form? Do we get a letter? Also, I wonder what weekend interviews are. I think they are the last weekend in Jan or first in Feb. I hope I can find a decent flight that quickly if I get an interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Schools:HBS, MIT, Kellogg
Send PM
GTGal7 wrote:
spaceman09 wrote:
Submitted. Feels good to be done...now for the waiting to begin.

Based on forums from last year, it seems like we'll find out as early as the 1st or 2nd week in January. That soon?

Yes, it does feel SO good to have the application submitted!

I have the same question. When do we hear about interviews and in what form? Do we get a letter? Also, I wonder what weekend interviews are. I think they are the last weekend in Jan or first in Feb. I hope I can find a decent flight that quickly if I get an interview!

Interview invites were sent via email on the first Wednesday of January 2009&10.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Product Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg MMM (Ding), Sloan LGO, Wharton (Ding), Stern (Ding), Booth (Ding), Haas (R3)
 Q44  V41 GMAT 2: 660  Q47  V35
GPA: 2.73
WE 1: Sr Product Manager
WE 2: Product Manager
WE 3: Sales Engineer
Send PM
Submitted as well. Good luck to you all!!
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: $ Finance $
Schools:Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
 Q50  V37
GPA: 4.0
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas
Send PM
do we expect interview invites next week?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
Hey how is everyone? I just wanted to ask if we should be expecting invites for interviewfest this week? Is anyone aware of this? Thanks and good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Based on what i've seen from earlier forms, interviews go out as soon as this Wednesday. Fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Who applied to Sloan and who applied through the school of engineering? I have checked the status of my app and it only says "submitted" (I applied through Engineering). Im wondering if Sloan applicants have the same status.

WHO AM I KIDDING? IM NOT WONDERING ANYTHING!!! I CANT STOP THINKING ABOUT THE APPLICATION and Im just asking stupid questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck to everyone
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied through MIT Sloan and it still just says submitted as of 2:30 PM EST. Just counting down till Wed...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
so whats the take on the admissions process? if we do not get an invite on wednesday is it practically over? or do they send out invites throughout January in waves?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I would recommend taking a look at last year's forum - mit-lgo-fellow-applicant-for-lgo-program-starting-in-88783.html

it provides some good convos with people who applied last year throughout Jan - Mar timeframe. Based on emails it seems they extend interviews as far as March but most of them are done at the end of Jan at InterviewFest
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Energy and Sustainability, Supply Chain
Schools:Columbia, MIT
Send PM
Wow, reading these posts brings back memories. I can't believe it was just a year ago that I was going through the process.

From what I recall, and as you can tell by reading last year's forum, the majority of the invites were sent out over the course of a couple of days. I think there were a few sent out after that also.

Again, I'm not at all associated with the admissions process this year, so I have no idea if it's being done differently or when the invites are expected to go out. But that's how it was for us.

Good luck to you all!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Manufacturing/Operations
Schools:MIT LGO
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
fsaq wrote:
Who applied to Sloan and who applied through the school of engineering? I have checked the status of my app and it only says "submitted" (I applied through Engineering). Im wondering if Sloan applicants have the same status.

WHO AM I KIDDING? IM NOT WONDERING ANYTHING!!! I CANT STOP THINKING ABOUT THE APPLICATION and Im just asking stupid questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck to everyone

Yeah, I definitely agree with fsaq!

If anyone gets an invite today they should post out to the group when the invites start going out. If I get an invite, I'm super excited about interviewfest. It sounds like it is more than just the interview but almost like another fun Ambassador Day with a really stressful hour included. Paul, is that correct?

-Ashleigh
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quote:

If anyone gets an invite today they should post out to the group when the invites start going out. If I get an invite, I'm super excited about interviewfest. It sounds like it is more than just the interview but almost like another fun Ambassador Day with a really stressful hour included. Paul, is that correct?

-Ashleigh
fsaq wrote:

-Ashleigh

Yes! Please!if you get an interview invite, anybody participating in this thread please let everyone know. Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ashleigh...I went to interviewfest last year (not admitted) and it was indeed really cool. I don't know what they have planned this year, but they had a lecture by one of the professors and panel discussions by current students, as well as social activities in the evening. The interview itself was not nearly as bad as you might think--the interviewers are very good at making you feel relaxed and seem genuinely interested just having a discussion with you about your experiences and how you solve problems. (Of course, take this with a grain of salt since I was ultimately dinged, but most of the other candidates I talked to felt the same way about their interviews.)
Current Student
Affiliations: MIT LGO
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I've been checking my e-mail every five minutes since 7:30 this morning :shock: Anyone else in the same boat? I can't focus on anything, argh.... :|

Yes, I submitted my application to LGO :oops:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Based on the forum from last year, I don't think anyone saw an email until well into the afternoon/evening. I'd say hold off on the email checking until 4 PM at the earliest. They also didn't send them all out at once, but over a couple of days.

Then again, anything is possible, right? haha

best of luck to all.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quote:
I've been checking my e-mail every five minutes since 7:30 this morning Anyone else in the same boat? I can't focus on anything, argh....

Yes, I submitted my application to LGO

hahah same here, I have been refreshing my email every minute and visiting this thread every 5. Are we even sure that some invites will go out today? Congrats to those who get them and please let all of us know at what time you received it and perhaps the subject title of the email. Every time someone replies to this thread I get an email in my hotmail account that says "MIT bla bla bla" and my intestines become weaker (Sorry for the analogies) only to find out it has nothing to do with admissions and its just another person in the same boat comming to this board out of nerves.

Best of luck guys and gals!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  21