It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 21:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

27 days away from the exam day. need help from you guys..

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

27 days away from the exam day. need help from you guys.. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2009, 17:50
Hello All,

I am taking the gmat exam on Aug 22nd.

Last week, I took the 1st GMATPrep test and scored 570 ( 80%ile in Quanti and 40%ile in Verbal) and yesterday, I took Manhattan GMAT practice exam and scored 640 ( 86%ile in Quanti and 59%ile in Verbal).

I want some expert guidelines to improve my Verbal area. I know I can score 90+%ile in Quant but I dont know what to do to improve my verbal area.

I can spend 10-12 hrs per day to improve my Verbal but I dont know from where to start. I will appreciate your help and support.

Thanks,
GMAT Aspirant

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesEMPOWERgmat Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 27986 [0], given: 5052

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 27 days away from the exam day. need help from you guys.. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2009, 17:37
gmatpv wrote:
Hello All,

I am taking the gmat exam on Aug 22nd.

Last week, I took the 1st GMATPrep test and scored 570 ( 80%ile in Quanti and 40%ile in Verbal) and yesterday, I took Manhattan GMAT practice exam and scored 640 ( 86%ile in Quanti and 59%ile in Verbal).

I want some expert guidelines to improve my Verbal area. I know I can score 90+%ile in Quant but I dont know what to do to improve my verbal area.

I can spend 10-12 hrs per day to improve my Verbal but I dont know from where to start. I will appreciate your help and support.

Thanks,
GMAT Aspirant

When did you start prepping? What have you covered and what books used?

Founder of GMAT Club

GMAT Club's Special offer for Student Loans only through Aug 31 - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 27986 [0], given: 5052

Intern
Intern

Re: 27 days away from the exam day. need help from you guys.. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2009, 13:41
Thanks for your response.

I have started the preparation from first week of June. So far, I haven't touched the GMAT Maths and just concentrating on the Verbal side. I have been using the OG(11th Edition) book for the Verbal.

Do you think this would be the best book for me or shall I look at Kaplan or Princeton Verbal books ?

What should be my approach to improve my verbal side?

Thanks

Re: 27 days away from the exam day. need help from you guys..   [#permalink] 04 Aug 2009, 13:41

27 days away from the exam day. need help from you guys..

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap