GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2018, 22:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

3 days until exam

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q41 V41
GPA: 3.02
3 days until exam  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2018, 12:47
I've been studying for this on and off for a while but been seriously at it for about 2 months now. I am new to this forum so I'm hoping this is the right place to post. I have been using Magoosh to study but using the practice tests on Manhattan and GMATprep. Here are my scores:

GMATPrep1: 600
MGMAT1: 600
MGMAT2: 650
MGMAT3: 640
MGMAT4: 600
GMATPrep2: 690

My goal would be higher than 650.

A couple questions - 1. Is the GMAT prep exam the best gauge of where I am at? The Manhattan tests seemed more difficult, and I am obviously happy with the highest score.

2. I realized after the fact that the second GMATprep exam was the old format with more questions. Could this be the reason for the spike? Am I somehow better at the longer test?

3. Finally, with 3 days left to go, what does everyone suggest I do? Should I take one more CAT exam?

Any help or additional guidance is appreciated.
Magoosh Discount Codese-GMAT Discount CodesJamboree Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: 3 days until exam  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2018, 21:48
Go ahead and write your test. Don't think too much.You are not that far off your target score...
You don't have much time to implement new strategies.. Seek for one if you don't achieve your desired goal. Good Luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2018, 23:13
timfur31 wrote:
I've been studying for this on and off for a while but been seriously at it for about 2 months now. I am new to this forum so I'm hoping this is the right place to post. I have been using Magoosh to study but using the practice tests on Manhattan and GMATprep. Here are my scores:

GMATPrep1: 600
MGMAT1: 600
MGMAT2: 650
MGMAT3: 640
MGMAT4: 600
GMATPrep2: 690

My goal would be higher than 650.

A couple questions - 1. Is the GMAT prep exam the best gauge of where I am at? The Manhattan tests seemed more difficult, and I am obviously happy with the highest score.

2. I realized after the fact that the second GMATprep exam was the old format with more questions. Could this be the reason for the spike? Am I somehow better at the longer test?

3. Finally, with 3 days left to go, what does everyone suggest I do? Should I take one more CAT exam?

Any help or additional guidance is appreciated.

timfur31

don't take any more CATs, review your errors

If you find my post useful, please give me a kudos.

Thank you.
Regards,
ENEM

If you wish to spend wisely on your gmat prep material, check my post titled: How to Spend Money On GMAT Material Wisely, link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-buy-gmat-material-wisely-tag-free-gmat-resources-236174.html

Simple and handy template for CR: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-and-handy-template-for-cr-242255.html

simple template for more vs greater and fewer vs less: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-template-for-more-vs-greater-and-fewer-vs-less-242216.html

Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2018, 18:52
Hi timfur31,

Glad you reached out and happy to help.

To answer your first questions, the GMATPrep exams are a great gauge to determine your current GMAT score. Since you were able to score a 690 on the latest GMATPrep exam (despite taking the longer test), I think you are capable of achieving your 650+ score goal.

With that said, I would not do a ton in the next few days. Keep your studying light. Review flash cards/notes from past topics to ensure knowledge has not slipped through the cracks. I also would not try to cram or learn any new material. At this point, piling on new topics would probably hurt more than it would help.

I wrote an article that you may find helpful that has some more advice regarding how to treat the final week leading up to your GMAT as well as some tips for test day.

Let’s me know how things end up, and please reach out with any further questions.

Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Re: 3 days until exam &nbs [#permalink] 04 Jul 2018, 18:52

3 days until exam

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap