Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

Is it possible to go from 360 to 650 in three months?

You may select 1 option
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 179
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: 360 and devastated [#permalink]
hey! It is important for me to start my masters In 2018. And also I think 650 plus is needed because i have a 7.0 cgpa and I aim for ms finance in one of these universities.
Singapore Management University
University of Manchester
Warwick university
University of buffalo
University of northern Illinois
University of British Columbia

As far as my score in diagnostic test is concerned,
I got a 12 in verbal and 27 in quant

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Navyamonav,

In your last post, you didn't actually answer my question. If you MUST have a 650+ to apply to the Schools that you're interested in, then the deadlines really don't matter (since you wouldn't be able to apply UNTIL you got that type of Score). However, if applying to School in February is more important, then you'll apply to any School that reasonably 'fits' what you're looking for and would potentially accept you based on your GMAT Score (whatever that Score ends up being).

I ask this question because it's quite likely that you will need MORE time (than you currently have) to hit 650+, so I wouldn't want to advise you on a Course of action until you clearly defined what your primary goal was: to hit 650+ OR to apply in February (regardless of your Score).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
Navyamonav wrote:
Hello all,
I took a gmat diagnostic test and scored a 360. I was always little bad at solving math problems. I want to get 650 plus in my gmat test and I have time till February 2018 to give the exam. Please suggest me the study plan and math books so I can get stronger at basics.
Thankyou!
You could also take a look at this post. It'll help you get an idea about the kinds of things your plan will need.
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32899 [0]
Given Kudos: 5776
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
Navyamonav wrote:
Hello all,
I took a gmat diagnostic test and scored a 360. I was always little bad at solving math problems. I want to get 650 plus in my gmat test and I have time till February 2018 to give the exam. Please suggest me the study plan and math books so I can get stronger at basics.
Thankyou!

Hello

Best Books

1. Manhattan GMAT Quant Guides
2. Manhattan GMAT Verbal guides
or Aristotle Verbal Guide for CR critical reasoning bible is best book with 300+ pages of comprehensive Data

Strategies

Start with Quant, learn the concepts tested on GMAT. After learning, practice your learned section with timed practice. You can also take quizzes to meet the pace of GMAT. 1 Month for learning concepts and 15 days of practice and same with the verbal. When completed all the concepts learning and handsome practice. Take full lenght CATs, know your estimated score. Analyze the result with Correct/incorrect questions, pacing analysis trace your mistakes and learn from them, make an error log to know your mistakes in the previously attempted questions

Best Mocks

1. Official GMAC (50+50$)
2. Manhattan GMAT (49$)
3. GMAT Club Quant CATs (80$)
4. Veritas CATs (49$ but you can buy at 15-20$ During sale period)

Good Luck
Cheers :)
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5205 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Navyamonav wrote:
Hello all,
Thankyou!

Though the recommendations to follow the Manhattan Strategy guides
to build your concepts are awesome, if you are not a book kind of person,
you could follow these steps to improve your scores

These are some links that are very beneficial, as far as Quant is concerned.
GMAT Club Maths Book : https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-math-book-87417.html
Quantitative Megathread : https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gma ... 44512.html
You might also want to check the GMATClub Tests(which can help you improve your score)

Additionally, you could follow Bunuel to improve your scores.
His signature contains some awesome questions that give you the true taste
of GMAT (Baker's Dozen, 12 Easy Pieces etc.. ). Even otherwise, solve each and
every question he puts up on the forum. They should definitely give you all the
practice that you need for Quant.

Hope that helps you!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
360 and devastated [#permalink]
Navyamonav wrote:
Hello all,
Thankyou!

Hi Navyamonav,

3 months should be good enough to achieve your dream score. It’s a good thing you have taken your GMATPREP once. You now know your weaknesses and work on them. If you are willing to study dedicatedly for three months, you are sure to achieve your goal. I believe you may benefit from taking a GMATPREP course. If you are willing, there are some great GMAT prep companies that can help you with your preparation.

In order to make an informed decision I would highly encourage you to go to their websites and try on their free trial and decide for yourself which one do you like better. You try out free access to EmpowerGMAT, Magoosh and Optimus Prep as they have great reviews on GMATCLUB.
Also for verbal, I would highly encourage you to consider e-gmat verbal online or the e-gmat verbal live course. They are both amazing courses especially designed for non-natives. They offer almost 25% of their courses for free so you can try out their free trial to decide which one you want to go for. Plus the e-gmat Scholaranium which is included in both the courses is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market.

You can also try out the MGMAT guides they are phenomenal and cover the entire syllabus really well. Just by going through these guides and solving the OG will help you reach 600+. I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them. Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have a good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

I would also encourage you to purchase the latest version of OG and the verbal review for some great additional practice. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ve ... 68383.html

Lastly, you can check out a very interesting article by Mike McGarry from Magoosh detailing a 3 month study plan

https://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/3-month-g ... -students/.

You will find it very helpful as it gives out a study plan as per your needs.

Hope this helps. All the best.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 932
Send PM
Hi Navyamonav

I know what you are going through exactly. But as the experts say above, you need to boost both sections. For me, working through the directory for quant on daily basis from 500 - 600 level and then mix of 600 - 700 really helped. I did buy the GMATCLUB tests but they're selected out of the directory itself, and quite a few of those are mostly questions designed or uploaded by Bunuel (all hail him/her/them :) ). So going through topic wise with a fine tooth comb (problems + explanations beneath) shoudl help. Being a non quant person, I did go back to school books for a few topics (coordinate geo/ number systems/ mixtures), but it may or may not be needed for you. Along with this I keep an error log and repeat the questions and sections per schedule. Verbal I follow similarly, but I went with the 600 level ones only for practice. I am still not a high scorer (700+) but hope to get there soon :)
GMAT Club Bot