It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 18:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

3d time GMAT booom...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago R2
3d time GMAT booom... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2008, 04:02
Hi friends, today was my 3d attempt to crash 700 level. Actually instead it crashed me. Finally 590 Q48V24. The story was in this way - 1st 690 Q49V35, 2nd 650 Q49V30, 3d (today) 590 Q48V24. I've never made such a sequence in exams. Now I realize that I get to tired of this gmat marathon coupled with my 3 years vacation free (almost :| ) work. Last year I took twice a week vacation just to prepare for next GMAT test. So that I see that I can't jog further and go to vacation right now with an intention to forget about the whole world. Maybe I'll retest in 3 months not earlier. Bless you people! I have to manage my TOEFL so that this is my next goal but we'll be in touch!!!

Barfer

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 250 [0], given: 4

Schools: Oxford
Re: 3d time GMAT booom... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2008, 04:49
Barfer, I’m so sorry to hear this… Don’t know what to say…
But perhaps you are right and you need some time right now just to think it over and get some rest. I think that your idea with vacation is excellent.
And, whatever your decision will be after that, I really wish you good luck with your future plans!
Keep faith!

Kudos [?]: 250 [0], given: 4

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2008, 06:41
Hey My friend dont worry everything is going to fine.......Take a long vacation and dont look at the books for another month.then again come back to fight once more. Whenever i am in a situtaion like you are i always think of one story that is:
There was a king who had tried to capture a kingdom many number of times but he always failed to do so.This time after agian failing to do so he was shattered as he had lost everything: his kingdom, his loyal men and was hiding in a cave as he was bing hunted by enemy. He decided to leave the hope of suceeding.There in that cave he saw a spider who was trying to climb the wall but as the wall was slippery he failed to do so but the spider kept on trying and trying untill he finally suceeded to do so.So king got the inspiration from him and thought of trying once more.(Now I have modified the story from here)but this time king tried to find why he was everytime failing as he was stonger than that king and he had larger army than his friend so he did some quantatitave analysis and found that there was a loop hole in his plan whenever he tried to attack he did that from the strongest side of his opponent where he was invincible .So he redrew his plan and again gathered his resources to attack his opponent but this time form a different side and met the sucess in the end.

So Moral of the story is retrying is not enough But retrying with the correct armament and with the correct plan is more important.........

I know i am very bad at story telling but believe me i tried my best

Every Problem Has a Sloution So keep working
AB

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 39 [1], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2008, 06:48
This post received
KUDOS
and one good quote i came accross. so thought to post it for you

“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”

- Michael Jordan

Every Problem Has a Sloution So keep working
AB

Kudos [?]: 39 [1], given: 3

Manager
Manager

Schools: Chicago R2

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2008, 07:39
Thank you, friends!!! I don't give up :) just taking a break to gather new forces. We'll see how the wall's falling!

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2008, 08:14
Barfer.. Keep the faith.. I know its a miserable feeling to be in this situation, because u dont know whats gone wrong with your prep, as with every attempt the effort towards the preparation increases.

In your case this time Verbals the culprit....25 doesnt seem to be a realistic prediction of your abilities.. Anyways no point brooding over that now...Also with the GMATPREP remaining unchanged over the years, it becomes difficult to get a realistic prediction once you have taken the test more than once.

Will suggest ... You take a break.. And get back to books only when you feel you have no past memories of your previous attempt. Start affresh, and prep differently this time...

Best of luck.....You will crack the GMAT this time.. Some ppl are third time lucky,.. You ll be lucky the 4th time... Thats it!

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 4667 [0], given: 360

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2008, 08:35
It is sad to hear this from you... :( But do not give up, relax a few weeks, and go ahead! When you beat this GMAT-beast, you will definitely become much stronger!

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Kudos [?]: 4667 [0], given: 360

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2008, 13:07
Barfer,
690 is a pretty good score to apply anywhere. Well if you wanted to join 700+ club and could not then do not loose your help. Take some time off and then come back with full force and nail it. good luck.

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 1

Re: 3d time GMAT booom...   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2008, 13:07

3d time GMAT booom...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: EMPOWERgmatRichC, ydmuley, bb

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap