GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 21 Feb 2020, 01:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

40 points away from target with 5 days left (Need to increase 9V)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V35
40 points away from target with 5 days left (Need to increase 9V)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2020, 04:33
Hello everyone,

On the 13th I will be doing the GMAT for the first time and my target is 600 minimum with 630+ being the best.

However, I just did my second GMAT prep exam and I scored a 560 ( 44Q 23V ) while a few months ago before I even started studying I did another GMAT prep exam and scored a 530 ( 37Q 26V ).

Unfortunately I only started "seriously" studying for the exam 3 weeks before, which was not a wise decision at all.

I'm specially bad at Sentence Correction, from my last prep exam I got 54% of all SC wrong, 22% of all CR and 21% of the all RC questions wrong.

Therefore I assume it's a better "return on investment" to just focus on verbal to try and go from a 23V to a 32+, I'm notoriously bad at remembering stuff, grammar , both in English and in my native language, was never my strong suit, I have been reading some grammar guides, incluiding Gmatclub's, however it just "doesn't stick".

Any thoughts?

Thank you

EDIT: "Review" of the questions I got wrong
QUANT: (44)
.............Wrong %Wrong
Integer 3/6 50.00%
Statistics+Prob 3/9 33.33%
Geometry 1/4 25.00%
Equations 2/4 50.00%
Inequality 2/2 100.00%
Other 2/6 33.33%

PS 9/19 47.37%
DS 4/12 33.33%

VERBAL: (23)
.......Wrong % Wrong
SC 7/13 53.85%
CR 2/9 22.22%
RC 3/14 21.43%
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.79
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: 40 points away from target with 5 days left (Need to increase 9V)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2020, 08:23
Do you think about rescheduling the test day?
Intern
Intern
B
40 points away from target with 5 days left (Need to increase 9V)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2020, 10:00
ostrick5465 wrote:
Do you think about rescheduling the test day?

Hello

Unfortunately I have to send my application for the Masters I want to get into by the 26th of February and I will be away the rest of January, therefore rescheduling seems impossible

Posted from my mobile device
Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Re: 40 points away from target with 5 days left (Need to increase 9V)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2020, 20:22
Hi AndreC,

Since your GMAT is in just 5 days, improving from V23 to V32+ likely will be difficult. Is there any way you could keep studying and take your GMAT at a later date? In any case, would you like some general advice on how to improve your quant and verbal skills?

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
181 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2020, 03:18
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi AndreC,

Since your GMAT is in just 5 days, improving from V23 to V32+ likely will be difficult. Is there any way you could keep studying and take your GMAT at a later date? In any case, would you like some general advice on how to improve your quant and verbal skills?

Hello Scott,

Unfortunately the latest I can do my GMAT is on the 5th of February but I will be away from the 17th to the 25th of January and once I come back I will have very few hours to study since I will need to catch up with work.
But, I would be more than happy to take your advice. For these past few days I have been mostly studying idioms, some grammar and just grinding away some SC questions. Any advice would be welcome, thank you!

Thank you,
André
V

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2020, 18:41
AndreC wrote:
Hello Scott,

Unfortunately the latest I can do my GMAT is on the 5th of February but I will be away from the 17th to the 25th of January and once I come back I will have very few hours to study since I will need to catch up with work.
But, I would be more than happy to take your advice. For these past few days I have been mostly studying idioms, some grammar and just grinding away some SC questions. Any advice would be welcome, thank you!

Thank you,
André

Hi Andre,

I see your test is tomorrow. Let me know how things go. Good luck!!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
181 Reviews

self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2020, 06:25
AndreC wrote:
Hello Scott,

Thank you,
André

Hi Andre,

Hello Scott,

Somehow I ended up getting a 35 on Verbal and a 42 on Quant resulting in a 640, however, I will still be trying again on the 5th of February to see if I can raise this 640 a little bit.

Thank you,
André
V

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2020, 19:02
AndreC wrote:
AndreC wrote:
Hello Scott,

Thank you,
André

Hi Andre,

Hello Scott,

Somehow I ended up getting a 35 on Verbal and a 42 on Quant resulting in a 640, however, I will still be trying again on the 5th of February to see if I can raise this 640 a little bit.

Thank you,
André

Thanks for sharing. I'm here if you need me.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
181 Reviews

self study course

GMAT Club Bot
Re: 40 points away from target with 5 days left (Need to increase 9V)   [#permalink] 16 Jan 2020, 19:02

40 points away from target with 5 days left (Need to increase 9V)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep