Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:26 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 185 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: 40 points away from target with 5 days left (Need to increase 9V) [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi AndreC,

Since your GMAT is in just 5 days, improving from V23 to V32+ likely will be difficult. Is there any way you could keep studying and take your GMAT at a later date? In any case, would you like some general advice on how to improve your quant and verbal skills?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: 40 points away from target with 5 days left (Need to increase 9V) [#permalink]
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi AndreC,

Since your GMAT is in just 5 days, improving from V23 to V32+ likely will be difficult. Is there any way you could keep studying and take your GMAT at a later date? In any case, would you like some general advice on how to improve your quant and verbal skills?

Hello Scott,

Unfortunately the latest I can do my GMAT is on the 5th of February but I will be away from the 17th to the 25th of January and once I come back I will have very few hours to study since I will need to catch up with work.
But, I would be more than happy to take your advice. For these past few days I have been mostly studying idioms, some grammar and just grinding away some SC questions. Any advice would be welcome, thank you!

Thank you,
André
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
AndreC wrote:
Hello Scott,

Unfortunately the latest I can do my GMAT is on the 5th of February but I will be away from the 17th to the 25th of January and once I come back I will have very few hours to study since I will need to catch up with work.
But, I would be more than happy to take your advice. For these past few days I have been mostly studying idioms, some grammar and just grinding away some SC questions. Any advice would be welcome, thank you!

Thank you,
André

Hi Andre,

I see your test is tomorrow. Let me know how things go. Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AndreC wrote:
Hello Scott,

Thank you,
André

Hi Andre,

Hello Scott,

Somehow I ended up getting a 35 on Verbal and a 42 on Quant resulting in a 640, however, I will still be trying again on the 5th of February to see if I can raise this 640 a little bit.

Thank you,
André
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
AndreC wrote:
AndreC wrote:
Hello Scott,

Thank you,
André

Hi Andre,

Hello Scott,

Somehow I ended up getting a 35 on Verbal and a 42 on Quant resulting in a 640, however, I will still be trying again on the 5th of February to see if I can raise this 640 a little bit.

Thank you,
André

Thanks for sharing. I'm here if you need me.
GMAT Club Bot