It is currently 23 Jan 2018, 12:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

5 days left... what to do?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
5 days left... what to do? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2018, 12:13
Hi guys.
I am finishing my preparation for my first attempt of the GMAT.
Unfortunately, I feel like I did not achieve the best I could have. This is mainly because of the lack of time. I have finished my bachelor at the end of October and started preparing for IELTS and GMAT right after.
Since I have always been a strong test-taker I had as my main target a result over 730.
With this two months of preparation, I think this is probably impossible.

In my last tests, I have consistently scored between 640 and 660, started from a 550 in GMATPrep 1

In detail
GMATPrep1 1st Attempt 550(Q47, V20)
Economist 600(Q47, V25)
GMATPrep1 2nd Attempt 620(Q47, V28)
MGMAT1 660(Q44,V35)
MGMAT2 650(Q44,V35)
MGMAT3 660(Q46,V34)
MGMAT4 660(Q46,V34)
MGMAT5 650(Q44,V35)

I think I could expect something around 650, even though I have some hopes to reach at least 680.
I am not planning to wait another year and retake it, cause I could reach anyway some of my target MSc Finance, thanks to my GPA, close to the maximum.

For now, I have
- Studied all the MGMAT guides
- Regularly trained with official questions, retook and studied questions I got wrong
- Used some of the free trials online

I still have available one official CAT, one MGMAT, the MGMAT advanced quant (I left it on a side because of the lack of time, should I try to do it now?), a bunch of question to finish in the OG and OGReview.

My biggest regret is the fact that I kept focusing on verbal in order to improve the weaker area (I am not native and I got stuck with a V34/35 - which I think is also inflated since I read around MGMAT is easier in Verbal), while I feel I could have reached a Q50/51 since I have always been better in quantitative stuff.

Should I review MGMAT guides? Do some few more question and check the one I got wrong till now?
I am also a bit tired and stressed out, since I did not give myself a proper rest from the end of my thesis and I directly jumped on my GMAT, so I think I will take the 5th days to travel to the test center city (it is far from my house and I will book a hotel) and have some rest.
Economist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesJamboree Discount Codese-GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
examPAL Representative
B
Re: 5 days left... what to do? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2018, 02:08
Hey ChuckB, you're in the home stretch so just have to power through. Take the offical CAT, and then spend a full day analyzing it, especially the mistakes: what did you get wrong and why? Go over as much of the material you struggled with, and try and address the issues you found misleading.
Good luck!

Dave Green
Senior tutor at examPAL
Signup for a free GMAT course
Image[/url]

Re: 5 days left... what to do?   [#permalink] 05 Jan 2018, 02:08

5 days left... what to do?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR JANUARY
Math Revolution - Free Free Diagnostic Quant Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
examPAL - Free Video Course A complete on-demand GMAT course
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap