Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:23 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72873 [1]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 310 [2]
Given Kudos: 379
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 250 Q7 V15
GMAT 2: 780 Q50 V47 (Online)
GRE 1: Q169 V169
GPA: 3.04
WE:Other (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: 530-Point GMAT Improvement (250 to 780) With the Help of TTP [#permalink]
Kudos
Sanya15 wrote:
Hi Dalal,

Many congratulations to you on your massive achievement. :)
I have started studying for prep for the GMAT a week ago, and I have following questions:

1) You recommend studying Verbal and Quant simultaneously..do you mean dividing my day into two parts, verbal and quant. ??

2) How much time did you take to cover 430 points using ttp ?

3) In quant section-- what was the order of studying did you follow? as in amongst number properties, algebra, geometry, arithmetic , etc....what was the studying order? I m literally starting from scratch just like you did as I have completely forgotten how to study and the concepts.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sanya,

Thank you for reaching out. I will gladly answer your questions.

1- I discovered that studying for the Q and V sections at the same time is the best way to go. TTP's study plan structure was something I really liked. If you stick to that, I believe you'll be fine.

2- One year of intense study with a well-thought-out master plan.

3- I followed TTP's structure and referred to Foundations of Manhattan and Youtube when I had trouble understanding certain concepts. Because of the simplicity of TTP's content and explanations, I rarely had trouble understanding concepts.

If you have any further questions, please send me a private message. I'm always willing to assist:)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 310 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
devn991 wrote:
WOW Dalal! :dazed

Your journey is honestly the pinnacle of hope for those like myself aspiring to one day claim that "I crushed the GMAT" lol. Massive Kudos to you, and I'm sure your hard work and grit must be paying off huge dividends.

I just wanted to chime in on your note and just express how bloody thankful I am as-well for the existence of TTP. I feel the biggest struggle in the GMAT journey is that of determining a solid study plan for the GMAT. Trying to breakdown the various sections, and sub-sections and formulate a study plan that is both comprehensive and at the same time easy to follow. But typically, this can mean buying several books, be that manhattan prep guides, OG guides, the list goes on and then trying to synthesise a compact study plan based on that! What an expensive nightmare!!

Realising this, I took to GMAT Club, Youtube, Reddit, wherever else I could go to vet and define the most precise and yet effective GMAT conquering strategy. And honestly, all those hours of investigation later, I stumbled upon your TTP story from youtube and GMAT Club and decided to give TTP a go.

Naturally, I was curious to know if all the hype around TTP was legit, and so I started with the 5 day free trial. But to my delight, it was in fact, damn good! My honest thoughts:

Pros:

1. The course is sooo well laid out. The founders have even gone to the extent of consolidating everything you need to prepare into the one study plan/platform. Right from a calendar to mark the days in the lead up to the exam. A review sheet where you can follow along each chapter with and simply plug in your notes to their pre-made templates and MOST importantly, the MUST KNOW section, which summarises the absolute key notes from each quant topic. It's honestly soo good, and it was great to see those templates in your post and how you populated them in prep for the big day!

2. The course is soo fkn comprehensive it's nuts. like it breaks down everything and builds your knowledge of each area of math, ground up.

Cons:

It's a comprehensive course. It's super extensive and thorough and just be sure not to expect 'some get rich quick' or 'instant coffee' like solution to GMAT Domination. It will sit you down and build you up brick by brick. But this is actually a huge pro in my eyes, but dunno, how'd you find this aspect of the course Dalal?

Other than that, I just wanted to say, I absolutely loved my experience with TTP so far. And for those similar to me, who are looking to consolidate all the confusion of GMAT prep strategy, and get one robust and efficient study plan. Honestly, give TTP a look. And seeing your AMAZING success using TTP Dalal, I feel more reassured about my study plan and the strategy I'm going into the GMAT with.

Good luck to those trying to decided upon TTP, I hope the above feedback from Dalal and I helped give you some clarity. And Dalal I wish you all the success in the world! Your journey is motivational and your spirit inspiring.

Cheers!

What a lovely message to read! Thank you. I am so happy that I inspired you to give TTP a shot. You know that feeling of trying something so good that you want to share it with the world? That is literally how I feel about TTP. I completely agree with the master study plan. It took me years to come up with a plan that worked for me. I struggled a lot. I had to re-adjust my schedule many times. My plan for the first 3 months was not the same as the last 3 months. In my experience, I found that taking a mock test every single week the month prior to taking the test will help reduce test anxiety... and oh boy it is real!

There is no magic pill. You put in the work, and you achieve results. Not hard, but smart work. For example, studying for 6 hrs straight for 5 days a week will not serve you well. But breaking down studying into a morning, an afternoon, and an evening shift will. I developed what I like to call my 3, 2, 1 strategy. 3 hrs in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and 1 in the evening. My mind was always fresh with concepts, and I used the breaks in between to recharge and come back stronger. Studying for shorter periods at once helped me focus. When I studied for long hours, I ran out of energy the 3rd hour. But that's just me...

In regards to the course being comprehensive, I find this to be a good thing. The GMAT process is overwhelming enough, and the fact that TTP breaks everything down for you takes away the planning part of the journey for you, which in my opinion, is the most challenging one.

I cannot wait to read your inspiring story very soon. Please reach out if I can help in any way :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Thank you so much for your reply daldilaimi,

I have a few more questions, I l'll PM you. :)

daldilaimi wrote:
Sanya15 wrote:
Hi Dalal,

I have started studying for prep for the GMAT a week ago, and I have following questions:

1) You recommend studying Verbal and Quant simultaneously..do you mean dividing my day into two parts, verbal and quant. ??

3) In quant section-- what was the order of studying did you follow? as in amongst number properties, algebra, geometry, arithmetic , etc....what was the studying order? I m literally starting from scratch just like you did as I have completely forgotten how to study and the concepts.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sanya,

Thank you for your message. More than happy to answer your questions.

1- I found that studying for the Q and V sections simultaneously is the best way to go about it. That is something that I loved about TTP, their study plan structure. Follow that, and I think you'll be fine.

2- Intense studying with a well-thought master plan for ~1 yr.

3- I followed TTP's structure, and when I had problems understanding some concepts, I would resort to Foundations of Manhattan and Youtube. I rarely had issues understanding concepts due to the simplicity of TTP's content and their explanation.

PM me if you have any more questions. Always happy to help :)

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 310 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Sanya15 wrote:
Thank you so much for your reply daldilaimi,

I have a few more questions, I l'll PM you. :)

daldilaimi wrote:
Sanya15 wrote:
Hi Dalal,

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sanya,

Thank you for your message. More than happy to answer your questions.

1- I found that studying for the Q and V sections simultaneously is the best way to go about it. That is something that I loved about TTP, their study plan structure. Follow that, and I think you'll be fine.

2- Intense studying with a well-thought master plan for ~1 yr.

3- I followed TTP's structure, and when I had problems understanding some concepts, I would resort to Foundations of Manhattan and Youtube. I rarely had issues understanding concepts due to the simplicity of TTP's content and their explanation.

PM me if you have any more questions. Always happy to help :)

Posted from my mobile device

Please do. Maybe we can set up a time to talk so I can answer all of your questions.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
daldilaimi Wow! Finally a story I can relate to. Thank you so much for posting this. And thanks to ScottTargetTestPrep
to help me find this story! This has just motivated me to take up this challenge. I am currently at 310 feeling dumb and useless. 780 seems too far a journey but your story has changed everything. I would really appreciate it if you could share your study plan and tips over PM so that I can work on my journey. Thanks!
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22049 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
JJ310 wrote:
daldilaimi Wow! Finally a story I can relate to. Thank you so much for posting this. And thanks to ScottTargetTestPrep
to help me find this story! This has just motivated me to take up this challenge. I am currently at 310 feeling dumb and useless. 780 seems too far a journey but your story has changed everything. I would really appreciate it if you could share your study plan and tips over PM so that I can work on my journey. Thanks!

Of course! I've got your back.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Hi Dalal,

Sorry for the late reply on the post but Thank you for sharing this super-detailed write-up. This is such an incredible story and speaks volumes of your hard work and perseverence throughout these 4 years.

I also wanted to ask, would you have softcopies of your Active review sheets, and did you make an active review sheet for every single topic out there?

Thanks again.

Originally posted by db8 on 20 Sep 2021, 08:45.
Last edited by db8 on 23 Sep 2021, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: Babson
GMAT 1: 610 Q45 V28
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Whoa!!! Congratulations daldilaimi

Nice & honest journey about GMAT preparation
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Kudos
LET'S GO CHAMP !!!! This is exactly the kind of debrief I was looking for I am absolutely amazed by the amount of work you have put in !! Wow just superb !!!!

All the best for all your future assignments and plans !!!!
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
db8 wrote:
Hi Dalal,

Sorry for the late reply on the post but Thank you for sharing this super-detailed write-up. This is such an incredible story and speaks volumes of your hard work and perseverence throughout these 4 years.

I also wanted to ask, would you have softcopies of your Active review sheets, and did you make an active review sheet for every single topic out there?

Thanks again.

I learn best when I summarize and write things down. The active review sheets were extremely beneficial because the small boxes forced me to briefly summarize what I had learned. Yes, I saved the sheets for each chapter. If you have any further questions, please DM me. I hope this was helpful!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
GRE 1: Q168 V160
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Dalal,

Congrats on your journey! I'm assuming English is a second language (please pardon me if I'm wrong!). Personally, English is also my second language and I am wondering if you can share some advice on how you got to the next level with Verbal, in spite of this. Thanks!
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
samsung1234 wrote:
Hi Dalal,

Congrats on your journey! I'm assuming English is a second language (please pardon me if I'm wrong!). Personally, English is also my second language and I am wondering if you can share some advice on how you got to the next level with Verbal, in spite of this. Thanks!

Hi!

Thank you for getting in touch. Arabic is my first language, and French is my second. My third language is English. No worries :)

I'm happy to share advice, but first I need to know what you're struggling with and what resources you're using. Please DM me so that we can connect!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Dalal,
This is a really motivating post. If you don't mind, can you share what was your total investment/ payments done in the whole process? Since you tried multiple resources before finding your right fit.
Congrats on this score and all the best!
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5136 [1]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Anyone who wants to develop a mindset like Dalal's and achieve a large GMAT score increase might find these posts helpful.

How GMAT Students With a Growth Mindset See Their Mistakes

Developing the Proper Mindset For GMAT Success
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulations for an amazing score. I am sure you must have got admit in your dream B School by now. but I must say it is incredible journey you had. Bravo!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 133
Send PM
daldilaimi - Congratulations on scoring a massive 780 on the GMAT, and thank you for sharing your GMAT journey with the rest of the forum members.

For verbal,Can you please elaborate on the resources(books/Courses) you used apart from TTP ? Being a non native speaker,it would help me on my GMAT journey.Also any section wise tips for CR,SC and RC ?

Once again,wishing you all the very best !
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 310 [0]
Send PM
v1987 wrote:
daldilaimi - Congratulations on scoring a massive 780 on the GMAT, and thank you for sharing your GMAT journey with the rest of the forum members.

For verbal,Can you please elaborate on the resources(books/Courses) you used apart from TTP ? Being a non native speaker,it would help me on my GMAT journey.Also any section wise tips for CR,SC and RC ?

Once again,wishing you all the very best !

Hi there!

Thank you for your message. I understand how difficult the verbal section can be for non-native speakers. I struggled a lot at first, but once I discovered how to effectively study for the GMAT, everything became clearer and began to make sense. The journey was difficult but extremely rewarding. TTP, the official guide (especially Wiley), and Manhattan were the best resources that worked for me.

For specific advice, I'll need to learn more about where you are now and what you've done so far before I can give you personalized advice. I saw your DM and will respond shortly.

You've got this!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts