GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 26 May 2020, 23:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

540 on First Magoosh Mock 34Q and 31V goal 610+

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Quant   Verbal   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
540 on First Magoosh Mock 34Q and 31V goal 610+  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 04 Apr 2020, 07:56
Hi everyone,

As title shows I need to go up around 70-100 points, looking for the best study method/plan for a 6 week time frame. Obviously Quant is very weak percentile wise so im guessing this is where I can and will make up most of my ground. Any tips/recs on most imp topics etc will be welcome! :)

Thank you in advance for the help,
Dilon

Originally posted by Dilonb on 03 Apr 2020, 12:31.
Last edited by Dilonb on 04 Apr 2020, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
V
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
WE: Education (Education)
Re: 540 on First Magoosh Mock 34Q and 31V goal 610+  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2020, 20:13
Dilonb wrote:
Hi everyone,

As title shows I need to go up around 70-100 points, looking for the best study method/plan for a 6 week time frame. Obviously Quant is very weak percentile wise so im guessing this is where I can and will make up most of my ground. Any tips/recs on most imp topics etc will be welcome! :)

Thank you in advance for the help,
Dilon

Hi Dilonb

Q31 suggests that your basics on the topics needs to be strengthened.

1. Work on the basics of all topics (Formula / Concepts/ Standard approach to particular types of questions in every chapter)

2. Most weighted topics are Number systems, Inequalities and Geometry. Also work on percentages.

2. Practise only sub 600 level and 600-700 level questions. It’s very important to get accuracy in these level of questions

3. Strategy for you will be critical in scoring that Q41/42. You have to solve initial 10 questions and last 5/6 questions correctly (you can guess few questions in between if time is your constraint. This will guarantee you Q 41/42 which will give you 610 score (assuming V 34). Try this strategy in your mocks.

All the Best

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
G
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2020, 02:56
Hi there,

Since you need to pull up your quant score, try this one out https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gma ... 44512.html

This link has everything you need to know for gmat quant starting from basics. I wish you best of luck
GMATWhiz Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2020, 12:25
Hi Dilonb

Your Quant score indicates that you need to brush up on your conceptual understanding as it seems that you're struggling with the 600-700 level questions as well. I will recommend you to focus on doing 4 things mentioned below:

1. Work on one topic at a time starting from the basic topics - Number Classification, Fraction Decimals, Even Odd, Linear Equations, Percentages, Prime Nos. etc. To check out the right order in which you should learn, you can refer to the image below:

2. Do not proceed to the next topic unless you have gained at least 90% accuracy in sub 600 level questions and 75% accuracy in 600-700 level questions. Don't worry a lot about the 700+ level questions as of now.

3. While solving question, try to learn the right method to solve questions. Hence, it is important that you don't worry about solving questions within 2 mins. As you get more confident about solving questions, time per question will fall in place.

4. I would recommend you to study from a reliable course as you're looking for a quick turnaround in 6 weeks time. If you need some help with your study strategy, you can schedule a discussion with me using this link. I will be happy to help.

Also, I won't recommend you to leave any topic untouched except Combinatorics, Probability and Co-ordinate Geometry. If possible, try to get at least the easy questions right for these topics too.

Regards,
Piyush Beriwala
GMAT Strategy Consultant
GMAT 740 (Q50, V41) - Helping students prepare for GMAT efficiently

GMAT Prep truly Personalized using Technology

Prepare from an application driven course that serves real-time improvement modules along with a well-defined adaptive study plan. Start a free trial to experience it yourself and get access to 25 videos and 300 GMAT styled questions.

Helpful Links

Score Improvement Strategy: How to score Q50+ on GMAT | 5 steps to Improve your Verbal score
Study Plan Articles: 3 mistakes to avoid while preparing | How to create a study plan? | The Right Order of Learning | Importance of Error Log
Helpful Quant Strategies: Filling Spaces Method | Avoid Double Counting in P&C | The Art of Not Assuming anything in DS | Number Line Method
Key Verbal Techniques: Plan-Goal Framework in CR | Quantifiers the tiny Game-changers | Countable vs Uncountable Nouns | Tackling Confusing Words in Main Point
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2020, 08:11
Empower GMAT is a comprehensive course for verbal. This online platform will support you a lot and offers more video lessons. You can see the trial version and decide as per your needs. You should try OGs with the timer at the GMAT Club and see the solution of experts such as GMATNinja, ccooley, mikemcgarry, AjiteshArun and EMPOWERgmatRichC.

This link below lists the video explanations to all the quantitative problems in the Official Guide to GMAT. It will immensely help you to resolve quant problems.
https://gmatquantum.com/official-guides/
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2020, 16:59
I appreciate all of the feedback guys.

After focusing on honing in on quant topics for the past week I took exam 1 from the official GMAT PREP this morning and scored a 610. This time a 38Q and 35V. Any other recommendations would be much appreciated as I'd like to keep this as a baseline moving forward before giving the actual exam.

Thanks again everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: 540 on First Magoosh Mock 34Q and 31V goal 610+   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2020, 16:59

540 on First Magoosh Mock 34Q and 31V goal 610+

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics