It is currently 21 Feb 2018, 01:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

550 Q44 V22 I want to cry...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: anything
550 Q44 V22 I want to cry... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2008, 15:34
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys.. I'm new to this forum. ;)
This was my first attempt on Gmat. I almost mastered the official guide and 2 other guides that were printed by GMAC.
When I took the practice test(one that I downloaded from MBA.com) a month before GMAT I scored bad on Q and I got about V37 without actually concentrate on solving the questions.
When I solved OG and Official review guides I got most of the verbal questions right. So I was actually expecting above V 40, but instead I got 22.... LOL!!!! T_T
I'm so embarrassed and shameful. (Many people around me actually expected me to get at least 650...)
I want to try until I get at least 700! It may be impossible for me, but I at least want to give it an another try.
What should I do? I only studied Official guide, 2 official review, and Princeton review.
Thx for reading and GL on your GMAT!!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Re: 550 Q44 V22 I want to cry... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2008, 16:04
This post received
KUDOS
Hi there,
I am on the same boat! I was doing very well on the practice tests. I was scoring the lowest 640 and the highest 710 on the practice tests but I only scored 550 on the actual one. Yes, I wanted to cry. I got Q39 V27. I always expected to score higher on Verbal but in fact I sucked at it.
I will try to shoot for another test - but do not know when.
I am concentrating now on my Verbal skills - using the CR Bible book and SC from Mahanttan.
Do not give up! Practice more and you will get there!
Intern
Intern
Schools: anything

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2008, 05:33
Thank you for your reply
I actually read MHT Sc guide book about 2 times already... I think I should read it like 10 times :)

One of my problem in solving SC was that I was unable to spot the main errors because I put them into few groups. So I actually knew what I am looking for when I practice.

How do you study for reading? Most of the time I understand the pasages, but sometimes I simply don't and I lose about 3 questions.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2008, 08:46
mandb wrote:
Thank you for your reply
I actually read MHT Sc guide book about 2 times already... I think I should read it like 10 times :)

One of my problem in solving SC was that I was unable to spot the main errors because I put them into few groups. So I actually knew what I am looking for when I practice.

How do you study for reading? Most of the time I understand the pasages, but sometimes I simply don't and I lose about 3 questions.

I think you can send me messages so we can discuss more our "issues" with each other. What do you think?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2008, 13:13
nganle08: i had a similar experience as yours... i've been scoring in the range of 650~720 on all the practice exams i took (6 MGMAT tests and 5 GMATPrep) and when i actually took the exam, i scored 530 with Q37 and V23 (don't have the exact breakdown in front of me)
i've already registered for another exam...hopefully this time i'll get a score similar to my practice exam scores! :)
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2008, 13:27
jkang wrote:
nganle08: i had a similar experience as yours... i've been scoring in the range of 650~720 on all the practice exams i took (6 MGMAT tests and 5 GMATPrep) and when i actually took the exam, i scored 530 with Q37 and V23 (don't have the exact breakdown in front of me)
i've already registered for another exam...hopefully this time i'll get a score similar to my practice exam scores! :)

When will be your second exam?
I feel kind of scared when thinking about the exam; thus, I am still hesitant to register. I will re-take it no later than end of Jan 09, so I will enroll very soon.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2008, 14:35
yeah i was reluctant to reschedule for another test b/c i felt betrayed...
i still don't really know what went wrong since i studied hard and even on the exam day i wasn't really nervous...but then i thought if i don't give it another shot all my prep would go to waste so i scheduled for jan.9...which is like 5 weeks from my last exam date...i didn't want to take too long of a break just in case i forget what i studied...
you should give it another shot!
we could both have a better story :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 20:12
You are not alone. I have similar experience when I took my GMAT. I always scored above 700 on my practice test. Actually my GMATprep exam I got 760 (Q51 V41), but on the real exam I got only 660 (Q51 V28).
Re: 550 Q44 V22 I want to cry...   [#permalink] 17 Dec 2008, 20:12

550 Q44 V22 I want to cry...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR FEBRUARY
Math Revolution - $69/mo Type Coupon Code: HOTDEAL2
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - $75 off all packages Valentine's special. Valid until Feb. 15
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap